1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

BOP Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by redlinemotorsport.co.uk, Oct 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

What do you mean?

2. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I thought that the devs did not add drivers weight but that it not the case i see.

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I would say they would add a minimum drivers weight which would be the same for everyone. How they position that and how it effects CoG I am not entirely sure.

4. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

All cars have 85kg of driver weight. As per real rules, the final weight of the car must be with 85kg of driver. if the driver weights less than that, more ballast will be added to arrive at the designated driver weight. If the driver weights more than 85, ballast will be taken off to again arrive at the proper weight.

So the total weight you see in ACC is car weight + 85kg driver + BOP ballast. Always.
    The weight shown for the Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour link some posts above, are certainly without the added 85kg of driver.

5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thank you for the clarification Aris. Curious, the 720s has an average of 1395 kg however at Zolder it has a strong concession with 1350 kg. Why is that?

Vel likes this.
  6. another shock! you are maniacs! artists! precitionists!

7. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Thanks, yeah, that’s what I was getting at, there was no way that the ballast was THAT much for the cars so was safe to assume the ACC weight included driver

8. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Is the driver's weight positioning simulated by any chance? ie if I lower the seat position in cockpit will it place the drivers weight lower in the car?

9. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

10. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I can say that if you are not alien, then choosing a car is only a personal preference. I have tested the entire 2019 season and I can say that I have chosen... Bentley. Although it is not the fastest, but I really like the brakes, the predictability of driving and the traction at low engine speed. I had to set the value of TC 5/8 (usually 2/3 of 8 on most cars, It's the same with only 650s and Bentley.), because Bentley has a tendency to slide - I remember that with the model of tires 1 point was not.

11. Crt_Jokinnen

Crt_Jokinnen Racer

The incredible job is that cars resemble reality as they are.
    I don't think it's a good job for cars to be able to ride at the same time if in reality it isn't.
    Let's not confuse the gammer simulator with the realistic simulator.
    Here it is about making their behavior a reality, for better or worse, they are different cars and in reality there are some that are far from being able to roll like others and so it should be here too.

And the comparisons should be taken into account that the driver who does it is so experienced as to be extremely precise to get the most out of each car equally and that I have to doubt, otherwise it would be a driver that would be in life Real hired by some great brand for sure.
    In addition to using the setup that offers kunos (which is very good at the start) is not fair because not all cars have been successful with the same effectiveness in that initial setup (it is normal, because the real teams that pass their data, not all give All the information hiding the keys of each car as is obvious.
    In addition, as Aristotelis says, a car may be slower at 1 lap but more effective after 3 hours of racing, and others backwards, and please remember, some cars stopped evolving and others never lived up to more effective And so it should be here! Well ACC aims to be a realistic simulator that differs from everything there was and surely there will be simulation with excellent criteria!

Anyway, your work is appreciated, a great effort to have a reference for many people, but perhaps, I am sure, it will raise the alarms to those who want a simulator that is the same in everything like others in the market making Realistic competition a utopia. And that is not good and I hope that reality is accepted as it is for better or worse with its differences and its similarities between cars and circuits (because there are also them with more or less grip, or with pianos with more possibility of attacking or less or with cut zones with different criteria by the SRO.

12. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

The fact that developers have made cars "feel" as their real life counterparts says a LOT on fact that they are truly simulating the real thing. Because, without it you get the likes of GTSport, RF2 (yes RF2) and Iracing where driving GT3 over curbs feels like you ride cadillac or mercedes S class. In fact, the guy who knows real members of SMP Racing (real GT3 team) have said that they are of opinion that ACC is absolutely destroyed competition in simulating of GT3 cars. Not Iracing or RF2 but ACC specifically. Weather simulation (physics and looks) is just so believable (though I believe we need to exclude thunderstorm (yellow) from league racing as in RL no one races at such conditions). I am not a big fan of their rating system though as it doesn't prevent ACC from crashers. Kunos team made an absolute marvel from physics standpoint but definitely lacking in organising community around it, like Iracing did. I know, their team is small for gamedev standards, but still, ACC with Iracing comunity organization would be a killer.

13. you probably don't know Redlinemotorsport, Apexonlineracing, Actrollvision, Esportseries.
    In terms of community it's enormous!
    Then fanatec cup, mcl shadow and Sro egts on site...
    In terms of organization these communities are just awesome and I'm sure I'm forgetting many others.

Multiplayer is improving, since more and more people are playing it.

The only thing that sucks are competition servers, because I never find anyone there. but who knows, probably next Sro invites will be given to the guys whit highest cp rating... then everyone would go there.

for daily races there are many streamers organizing events every night, mrgit, jardier, acc Belgium... honestly I have not the time to attend all those events because I should split in two...
    so, maybe you don't like certain aspects, ok, but the community is huge and awesome.

14. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Lol i never cared about online since my net sucks and it is a mess online generally.
    But the core driving is why i buy any simulator in first place.
    I don't think that i will even see any of these gt3 cars IRL hell i have not even seen any of their road counterparts,let alone drive or own one extremely far fetched dream.
    ACC and original AC is my only way to enjoy these cars.

15. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

Those leagues are for those who can dedicate to structured racing. I work a lot, like probably many others and can essentially race on Sundays (I do take part in a league), but it is not what I am talking about. Pickup racing in ACC is not WHERE it should be and HOW it should be. Iracing is an example of HOW or at least which direction devs need to look at. I understand that they have small team, but they should step up their creativity, because many people (iracing is an example) are willing to give up some physics and hugely gain in huge community pick-up racing. We all like to underline how physics is important and ACC shines here like no other SIM on the market, but if you even look at ACC Esport competition and see that some races are on a single car (while there is a choice). I am pretty sure that many of them prefer another car but they take the one that is tiny bit faster then the one they most likely love. Conclusion: We may like one car or another but when it comes to competition many choose not the one they like but the one that is fastest, essentially saying OUT LOUD that to be faster is MORE IMPORTANT then to be in a car you love (and I am not discussing here BOP, I think it is good enough). What I am leading to is that while physics is important, good and structured online organisation might be more important for many (if not most). Iracing is a glaring example: physics are worse then ACC but organisation of pick-up and consequently e-sport racing is top notch.

16. all the guys who where picking up these Bentleys at spa, did it, because they play many Sims at the same time and must have been told it was the best car.
    Imo that car has never been the fastest and I can prove it...

About giving up phisics for multi... well, there are many other choices on the market.
    I said it, competition has to be improved, but this game is extremely difficult. that's the reason why you see many people spinning.

I would not buy an easy ac, as I don't play granturismo, or iRacing, for instance.

And for daily races there are famous open lobbies, I already mentioned(mrgit, acc Belgium, jardier).

Is it not completely client friendly? probably yes, if you have no time.
    But if you have no time I don't understand what you are complaining about : just join a high ranked server.

ACC offers the same multiplayer structure of iRacing in the end, pick up racing, competition servers and lobbies...
    the only difference is that the you have 3 different "competition" servers there.
    And there, competition server are the most populated. that's the difference.
    But saying there is no multiplayer structure, or saying it is not working is lying.

Next Sunday, follow my suggestion, look for mrgit or acc Belgium or jardier, I'm sure you will find good fun.

17. and anyway about the car chose... I'm the living proof you are wrong.
    There is a guy, Mike Nobel, who can school anyone on any car...
    I understand this could be frustrating for you, but writing in the forums about something which is not even true, and it is only your opinion, won't lead you anywhere.

Training is the way. I saw the 24h of spa in IRacing... ridicolous. 50 audis...
    you should write this post in iRacing forums, if they have one...

18. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

I have high praises for ACC, and personally wouldnt drive iracing(gt3) just for its cadillacish feel on curbs. But... ACC devs listened to many complains on early curb disaster and rolled out 5-point tire model which turned ACC curbs from crap to the perfect solution. You feel ACC is good in multiplayer, good for you. I dont, and I belive devs who definitely read yhese thread should know it. Iracing has a brilliant idea of having all on the grid to know how they stack against each other and that ads another angle to competitive racing. In ACC(today) I start ALMOST EVERY SINGLE RACE!!! in multiplayer with twice as many racers then I finish. Works like clockwork. I am not exited about ACC rating system with the bunch of abbreviashions either. At some point I had SA 92, but then for a lack of high SA servers I went to public servers and my SA sits at 67 now, and I dont care about it anymore. It mighy have worked if we had more high SA servers full of high SA players, but we dont (at least at times when I have time). Races without one ladder for all players are MEANINGLESS. You win, you loose you disconnect - all is gone as soon as race is over. So if you make it look like I am lying then I will tell you back that you are a lyer telling here that all is well in that dpt in ACC. I have over 500 hours in ACC, so dont you tell me what is good and what not in ACC. ACC is absolutely marvelous in physics and weather part and anyone can have great racing ONLY when one joins a league. Racing on publics is a hit or miss as it becomes a battleground between players more often then not.

Apolloo I3 likes this.
  19. well, honestly I told you twice about competition servers... so for me it's not wonderland... I have 1200h on it. SA changed many times, players are starting to arrive now... saying what you are saying now, in this moment, well, it is sospicious.

Then, you can have all the opinions you want, as me. that's the nature of any forum. but I could be wrong. Go to mrgit. Right now Jardier is throwing community races. Every night, if you have high SA, go to hivemind servers...

PS: convention on internet says that CAPITOL letters means shouting out loud.

20. Rioku

Rioku Racer

Now that i drive lot of ACC cars, and the same cars in AC.

It´s much easier to drive in ACC, i can hardly push throttle in curves, the car don´t go.

In AC if i do the same, if finish in spin.

Wich model is the correct?

How can be so different?