1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC 1.1 release discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Zeraxx, Oct 24, 2019.

1. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Last night had a online race at Zandvoort with the 911.2 and the FFB was great :).
    It just the caracteristics of the car, you have to be very precise.

I'm with the T500rs.

2. any any

any any Gamer

I do not understand how to ignore the fact that the FFB of the new Porsche 991.2 compared to the old vehicle, drives completely powerless. I'm not talking about that vehicle is driving spongy, or that it may be inaccurate on the way. It's about the FFB strength of 991.2 over all other cars. It just feels wrong and powerless to drive different cars. These strong pulling forces must be adjusted. Have not seen another racing game where the FFB strength of the vehicles is so different.

3. ManroV

ManroV Gamer

did you try to increase the caster value? i run it at 10.0 most of the time. greatly increases the "heavyness" of the car without changing the handling.

4. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Positive castor increases the straight-line stability of the car at the expense of turning response. It means that the amount of effort you have to put in to turning the wheels increases, which makes the steering feel heavier. It also means a greater weight transfer from the inside to the outside wheels during cornering. Most cars are not super sensitive to castor values, but you are affecting the handling of the car.

ManroV likes this.
  5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Please do not spread bad practices to new sim racers. Caster angle should be used with car setup and tuning in mind. If you want heavier steering for whatever reason then up your FFB gain as that is what it is designed for.

any any, sissydriver and Luis Branco like this.
  6. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

I would agree. I have a Logitech G25 and went to drive it for the first time the other night since the 1.1 and 1.2 updates and the steering is WAY lighter. To the point that I was thinking my FFB has gone duff on the wheel, but after a bit of thread reading come across this post.
    Are there any suggestions for what I can do to "beef" the force back up.?
    I have been solely driving the 488 GT3 so have noticed the difference, although I recall David Perel saying that the 488 was the lightest on the steering? but mine is too light at the moment.
    Salute
    Friar

7. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

^^^
    As easy as that.

Even considering ACC FFB can change with caster change, it shows, above all, FFB is intrinsic and deeply related to physics that even caster has an effect in FFB.

The gain is there to tweak the FFB strength to each one liking, either in game or in hardware (cp).
    I would use as a rule of thumb, to set ingame gain as high as possible without clipping (still, some clipping is accepted without any problems, on situations like high kerbs, for instance), and then use hardware to set the desired FFB strength.

However, I can change from any car in ACC to or from the 911 Evo without any extreme strength changes. Obviously differences exist - and I'm glad they do - but are not detrimental for any car, neither for being very weak or very strong.

It's curious, because I also was driving the 488 (and the Huracan) and after tested the 911 Evo, with v1.1, I like it so much that I didn't changed back.

Coanda likes this.
  8. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

I think your wheel is a direct drive wheel? £480 pounds worth of technology against a £200 Logitech perhaps?
    Cheers
    Friar

9. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

No DD wheel here.

DD_Friar likes this.
  10. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Just a general note that the Porsche is fairly light in the front end due to lack of engine and all that so it’s steering should be a good bit lighter then the other cars

LATE4APEX likes this.
  11. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

People seem to miss this from a previous thread is relation to the Porsche steering.....

From this I take it that Kunos’s simulation in once again pretty accurate....if not to everyone’s preference or expectations

12. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

Just ended a session. I put my FFB back up to 100 and I actually think its ok (humble pie anyone?) it is not as heavy as before but perhaps I had it wrong?

13. any any

any any Gamer

Good morning everyone,
    So I want to say on the spot, so that nobody understands it wrong. ACC is for me the best racing game I know. If the NOS were there, it would just be dreamlike.
    What a pity that so many riders in the forum are satisfied with the fact that FFB behaves so powerless in the new cars. The Porsche is extremely extreme, as often said.
    Creating a work-around is ok, but not a permanent solution. Here is obviously a problem and it would be nice if it is fixed. That's why I do not drive the new Porsche, because it's just not fun to drive it. It takes a lot of pain in my person before I say anything, but that bothers me so much that I just have to say something.

Dear ACC Team,
    please adjust the FFB of the vehicles as in the 2018 series.
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

14. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@any any

have driven the new porsche and the ffb is wonderful. light but detailed. switching from ac to acc very often i must say, every time i am impressed how much better the ffb in acc is. after the update!
    maybe i am totally wrong but isn't it possible that there is some issue on your side?

15. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Don't worry, we hear you
    Next update will have some extra work on that aspect too

16. ManroV

ManroV Gamer

Hm okay sorry if I am misinformed but I thought the handling itself (for example turn in, oversteeriness, understeer and so on) doesnt change by changing the caster value, since the rest of the alignment doesnt change or is adjusted automatically by the game.

Can you elaborate in what ways caster changes the handling? I really wanna know because I tend to change the value quite a lot and never noticed a worse behaviour :). I might add, that although im not the best with setups, im driving at a pretty decent and consistent speed e.g. mid 16s at Spa, low 47s at Monza, mid 34s at Zandvoort and so on, so I feel quite a bit what the car does. But if it increases tyre wear or such things, it would be really nice to know.

Edit:
    Missed out on the response of tjr. I have to check, if I notice any difference in lap times or in the behaviour over a longer stint. But thanks for the explanation.

17. any any

any any Gamer

WoW, I am very happy about this feedback !!!

THANKS ALOT! I'm really looking forward to the update!
    I wish you and the whole ACC Team a nice weekend!

Yes that's right, the FFB from AC to ACC is a very fine jump. This is also appreciated.
    It is only about the strengths of the FFB between the cars of 2018 and 2019. There are great differences in the same circumstances. And that is the current problem.
    As you yourself read, Aristotelis from the Dev OP team commented himself. I am very happy about it!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    sissydriver likes this.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Interesting..

Can you also remove the 60 kg lead brick the Audi Evo is dragging around..? :D

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    sissydriver likes this.
  19. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Ditto for the Lambo at Zolder :)
    Seems ok at Monza though, still feels heavier but not as bad as Zolder

20. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Good to see there will be more work on the ffb, but just in intrest to some of the cars that feel weak and smooth on the ffb, ie the Porsche 991II all these cars have very low settings on the dampers section, but only on the fronts, if you raise them so lets say to match the rears all the feeling comes back to the ffb and weight as well, I also use the caster adjustment as well like others but I tend to have to lower it a couple of notches.

any any likes this.