1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Graphics and Performance Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by MonzterPixel, Oct 29, 2019.

1. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

Is that the average CPU load (which things like task manager default to) or the maximum on an individual core which is what you should be looking at. You can have a 50% average with a single core at 100% and limiting the system. I ask because my system is generally less powerful than yours but I can run with full grids at 1440p with mainly high/epic settings. That said, I don't use vsync as I get no tearing - not using GSync or FreeSync). Try turning it off, you might be surprised. If you must use vsync, try fast sync (ignore the comments about needing a high FPS).

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  2. Red Or Dead

Red Or Dead Racer

Games will always benefit more from raw core performance. Even if a time comes that they will be able to use 8 or 12 or 16 cores, single core performance will matter the most. It always was like that and i believe it will never change. It's the nature of it. Real time interaction with feedback in complex environments and projection with very low input lag and high refresh rates all at the same time is difficult to be processed from multiple systems. It's the same for multi gpus. They tried to make sli and crossfire to work for many many years now. They failed.

3. Haris1977

Haris1977 Gamer

It is my CPU1 that goes up to 84% (do not know if this a high number or not) and my CPU3 (~60%) when i have 29 cars on track. Will try it with vsync off/fast sync.

PS Both vsync off and fast sync = tearing for me

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  4. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

That's a shame. Tearing with vsync off isn't a problem for me in ACC but I'm not entirely sure why.

5. Ede-67

Ede-67 Rookie

I updated my PC cause switching to Windows 10. Here are the specs:

i9 9900 KF
    GTX 1080TI (ASUS ROG)
    32 GB RAM (PC3000)
    500 GB M2 SSD vor Windows-partition
    1TB SATA6 SSD vor Steam and ACC
    Monitor: 2560 x 1024 at 100Hz (Displayport)

The graphic settings are allmost at high, mirror at mid mid and 250m. (I can show the details if nessasary) Framerates at traning are ok (100fps) but on race with ki drop down to 60fps, in the middel 80fps.
    What can I do to stable the fps if other cars on the track?
    By the way: AC fps are at 150fps(!) with everythis on highest detail with this system, why is ACC this slow? And wy is there no benchmarktest like AC?

Andy

6. nolive72

nolive72 Racer

Because Kunos devs knew it will be difficult for people to drive the UE4 engine so didnt want bad word to be spread
    That and the extra struggle for us AMD GPU owner

And finally the challenge of results badly comparing to AC benchmark

7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Please post your settings. Something doesn't sound right because I am getting better performance on my pc and I am running 1080p @ SP 150% which is roughly 3M pixel load. We have the same GPU however your CPU and RAM is better.

8. Haris1977

Haris1977 Gamer

I don't know why but i am getting a better feeling (in terms of fps - almost butter smooth) when i race in rainy rather than dry conditions (with same settings of course). Is there any logical explanation about this?

9. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

less shadows cast, cloudy days run better than clear sunshine.

10. Haris1977

Haris1977 Gamer

Hmm i didn't know shadows could play such a big role in graphics. Will check it out

PS I thought rain would have a much HIGHER impact on system but no. I would run shadows with low settings but i dont like the visual of it..

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  11. hozes

hozes Rookie

The biggest impacts are shadows, mirrors and visible opponent in ACC
    I ran with most settings epic ( shadows, effects, foolige lod on high with mirrors off) @1080p 75hz, but with 18 opponent only visible 6.
    If i higher the opponent visible, my fps goes down, huge cpu usage with that settings
    My system is getting older, i7 3770s, 16gb 1600mhz ddr3 and gtx 1060 6gb
    If my ram and cpu will be better, i can increase the opponent visible etc but with them, its not possible, gpu usage is %80 on start and %60 on average, but never goes below 75fps with these settings.

I have only one question on visible opponent, with 6 cars visible, on race start i can see only one car in front other 5 is when i look back, how the pc determines the opponent that visible?

12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

First, you must record CPU and GPU usage with MSI Afterburner when experiencing the FPS drops. 3 Bottlenecks can occur:

1) CPU render thread bottleneck. It causes FPD drops while the GPU usage is below 100 %. The only way I know of to eliminate this is to reduce the amount of visible opponents until tzhe GPU runs at 100 % again.

2) GPU bottleneck. The classic kind of bottleneck where your GPU is at 100 %. Reduce taxing graphics settings like shadows, effects and foliage to make it better.

3) CPU physics thread bottleneck. Happens when your FPS are high (flags and trackside objects are moving smoothly) but the cars are moving at about 1 FPS. This one will be easy to identify as there will be a warning message popping up in ACC.

I think you have either 1) or 2).

13. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

U can see my current specs below,
    I just wanted to say that it’s perfectly playable even on some old crap like this in 60 FPS with 20cars visible and it even gets to 120 in hotlap.
    720p, rest of the settings on lowest apart from that car count and and mirror so I can see my virtual one,
    But more than 10ai is to much for it tho, stutters a lot

14. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

Yes game looks **** with those settings I agree, but if u really must u can and even in stable 60fps

15. Ducati

Ducati Rookie

Mine is doing much better now after 1.1 and reading helpful tips here specially visible cars.
    I have a new build
    i5-8400
    Armor 2060 super
    Running a 34” ultra wide 75hz
    Before was having all kinds of micro stutter only in corners, also while I love ACC the AA is terrible. (UE4 related I’ve read)
    I’ve been looking for ways to just leave it off, the new Nvidia sharpening helps, resolution scale 130-150 in game etc.

Some tracks Temporal looks better, some tracks KTAA looks better.
    Is there any advice on how to run it with no AA?

16. Haris1977

Haris1977 Gamer

Do devs know about the stuttering happening in Nürburgring's T1 turn (with lots of cars)?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  17. Ede-67

Ede-67 Rookie

Thanks for all the answers so far.
    I'll experiment with visible opponents and graphic settings to find a optimal solution.

Maciej Malinowski likes this.
  18. I'll quote myself from Racedepartment in hope someone can help me out or point me in the right direction:
    "What I've noticed:When the scenery is moving fast while turning the environment (especially trees) seems to be becomes sharp just after the movement stops. This delay basically looks like some kind of screen tearing but is not. I don't find a solution so far to eliminate this."

"...also at 100 FPS the movement of the scenery while looks still stutter'ish while turning.
    I can't figure it out how to eliminate or lower this effect. Maybe it's a graphics option, a LOD/texture thing or my system can't handle it."

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  19. RelentLeSS 2

RelentLeSS 2 Rookie

I have triple 3440x1440 36 inches monitors on 1080 TI with i9-9900K and I can only run on low to get anything close to 60 fps... very sad for me. Funny enough AC and iRacing all on max. I don't get it...

20. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

Can't speak for AC, but iRacing's engine is *nowhere* near as good and admittedly complex as ACC's. It is very crisp in some areas, but geometrically it has a very low amount of detail. Just look at the track lines which look like they were painted with a ruler in some places. Look at the track side objects and stands and spectators.
    The one thing that iRacing gets *right* in my opinion is the LOD of shadows: they have a way to get very realistically moving shadows, low in resolution, but smooth in movement, which put relatively little stress on the engine yet give the 'shadow' element that helps with immersion. Night driving is also where I think ACC has the upper hand. Oh and weather.
    I like iRacing for their online competition element, which I really think ACC could be inspired by when setting up their CP servers in the future, but their game engine is nowhere near as good as ACC at the core, therefore they can push the resolution and FPS up simply by upping the detail of what they have, but can't add more to it: this benefits them in a way, because they can then add other elements like AI, without worrying too much about stressing the CPU.