1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New to sim racing will this PC build be sufficient?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Fishfirefly, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I'm with Serge. I would reconsider your HDD options. A good chunk of that SSD will be used on your operating system leaving you maybe room for one good tittle. My AC install with mods was well over 100 GB. I would also be prepared for a glass panel case. Some nice RGB and cable management really needs to be considered here or else it might look like a dogs breakfast..

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  2. My thought about your selection:
    Mainboard: MSI MB z390 Gaming Plus - €111,50 / $123,50
    CPU cooler: Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 - €68,90 / $76,30
    Windows 10 Pro 64 - €4,50 / $5 (eBay product key)

Take the saved money and go for a much better CPU.

3. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Hmm... mainboard is the foundation and links everything together, not something I like to skimp on, plus if overclocking the better power hardware on the mainboard will help greatly with stability. Plus you would give up some USB ports with the MSI.

Dark rock 4 Pro is a very good option, comparable to the Noctua stuff.

As for the dodgy eBay windows keys... that’s a user choice at the end of the day

4. Serge M

Serge M Alien

sissydriver likes this.
  5. I use this "practice" since ages without any problems. Otherwise I wouldn't suggest this. And the keys are working. For Windows/Office, Kaspersky e.t.c. But you can still follow the internet stuff.
    Also I own the suggested mainboard as you can see in my signature. About what stability issues you're talking about?

It's a suggestion.

6. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Nothing wrong with MSI boards in general, just not my first choice, they are always cheaper and for a reason, something is always lower grade and that doesn’t sit well with me, generally it’s the VRM’s or something else that doesn’t show up on spec lists.

Decent feature comparison here: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/comp...0_GAMING_PLUS/BHitems/1438187-REG_1437830-REG

7. Fishfirefly

Fishfirefly Rookie

8. Fishfirefly

Fishfirefly Rookie

Ok I think I’m placing my order on the parts hopefully by tonight once I get some of your opinions, I can’t wait till Black Friday I want to play. Should I spend extra to upgrade the i5 9600k to an i7 8700k, or use the money to upgrade the RTX 2070 to an RTX 2070 Super for my build? Remember I am going to be using an oculus rift s and would like to play on some medium to high graphic settings.The rest of the specs are as followed.

Cooler Scythe Mugen 5 (revision B)
    Motherboard MSI Z390-A Pro
    Memory Team T-Force Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200MHz
    SSD Intel 660p 1TB M.2nvme
    Metallic Gear Neo Air ATX Case
    Power Supply EVGA BQ 600W 80+ Bronze semi-modular
    Windows 10 Home License

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  9. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Stick to the 9600K, will be faster overall.
    You will need one exhaust fan as it looks like the case only comes with two intakes.
    And with the GPU spend as much as you can, if you can get a super over the standard then do that

10. Fishfirefly

Fishfirefly Rookie

Got it thanks decided to go with the fractal design meshify c case and a EVGA 2070 super GPU and stick with the i5 9600k. In your opinion would there be a need for any of this to be overclocked?

11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Any decent motherboard will have predefined overclocking profiles for easy overclocking, not fine tuned but in the good enough range.

And again, with that case I would advise you add one more intake fan to get positive pressure as it comes with one intake and one exhaust by default

12. Again just a thought: What about an I7-9700k?

13. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

14. Fishfirefly

Fishfirefly Rookie

I’ll try and go with the i7 9700k if I can fit it in my budget

15. Like I said it is just a suggestion. And to be honest if I'd build a new PC system I wouldn't go with an I5. I consider eight cores as more "future proof".