1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

BOP Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by redlinemotorsport.co.uk, Oct 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

Lol i was reading that DOP thread and suddenly it stoped being DOP thread it started to be “We need iRacing multiplayer in ACC” thread
    Guys, relax, what are u even taking about, everyone thinks that iRacing has the best online racing, what a piece of BS, it has a lot of people that’s it, it’s just been on the market so long that now there are a lot of people on all the levels of skill, and on low rank at the start iRacing is a **** show like every other open lobby
    Problem isn’t the system, it’s the people who play, u can’t complain that u aren’t given a good quality racing, of course u can’t, there is too little people to do so
    Therefor u need to find it yourself, and believe me u can (all those leagues listed above and high SA servers in front of the field). We need to make that community ourselves, make a name in the business. U can’t expect Kunos to do that for u, it’s impossible, u are the problem complaining not racing, u are the people u should be racing, u need to show others what a good experience u can have here
    The best close racing I have had was in ACC, and it was amazing,
    BOP is a big part of that (as it is itl), good job guys comparing those numbers and giving us those stats, u are MVP

Randomisjustfine and EsxPaul like this.
  2. Maciej Malinowski

I am sorry but I don’t really understand you,
    don’t u know that BoP is a real thing
    cars are made as equal as possible irl (sure there are some better than others) but most of them are super close, your argument about some of them being a lot better irl is bad, some teams are just faster, better prepared, have better setup, better driver line up, crew and so on, same for bad cars like Honda, it’s just bad,
    U also said that comparing cars is stupid anyway because it requires someone of inhuman skill level, what a tone of crap, of course it’s just a one driver but still a good driver with good skill can after just some practice pull of those times,
    If we want ACC to be as realistic as possible we should just like SRO take care of BoP, it’s a part of GT3 racing

3. James P

James P Simracer

To further emphasise how well the BOP has been for the 2019 update. We have just started our qualifying events for season 2. The first track is Silverstone with the 2019 track surface.

140 drivers have entered in many different brands of car. I have seen Ferrari, Audi, Porsche, Lambo, Aston, McLaren and Nissan drivers all in the low to mid 56's in the practice servers.

Last night I managed a 56.3 for my best in qualifying with the Aston at Silverstone and I expect drivers with at least 5 or 6 other brands of car to be right there or sneaking into the very high 55's.

For a field spread that is insane knowing the top cars are at most half a second apart with exceptionally good drivers.

4. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

I am slowly getting the impression that it is still very hard to be competitive in an nsx, even the evoversion... :(
    (Aliens not included)

romandevision and Dobermann92 like this.
  5. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

I somewhat agree, in hot lap I can get quite close, but i actually think the race pace is even worse, and it seems to be across all tracks, it has no strengths, its just average at everything.

Tim Meuris and romandevision like this.
  6. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I was surprised the NSX was overheating the rear right wheel... Could only win by opening the brake channels. :confused:

7. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

Same here, although more suffering from the left rear, probably trackdependant.
    I have gotten just within 1 second (offline) at nurburgring from the deltatime of the op, but that was with an agressive setup which has been heavily modified. Was way slower with std agressive setup.
    Don't know if there is lots of difference in the fact that they drove with 22°C and I did it in 30°C

8. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I'm confusing left and right, I was talking about the left rear wheel. :) And tried different temperatures yesterday: at 23C the overheating is controlled, at 30C - no. Map 2(progressive) dont take effect.

For me, the standard settings were better than the aggressive ones. I added a bit of rigidity because I got slide in the corners + for myself the optimum was TC1 - 2, TC2 - 4.

I don't see the point in talking about time - I'm not fast (+/- 3 seconds to the results table) and used Honda first time. I liked it because 650s is uncompetitive, Bentley with the right wheel, which I can't get used to(although for me it's the fastest and most comfortable car). Honda is something in between.

But I don't like the overheating theme - the same was the Jaguar XKR Emil Frey - fast and comprehensible, but the left front wheel was overheating, so I couldn't drive it.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  9. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

you have to set tyre pressure asymmetrical

10. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

you have to set tyre pressure asymmetrical.
    set pressure of overheating wheel (or the wheel that is under the most stress)
    LOWER and set pressure on non overheating wheel HIGHER.

Difference in pressure between heating one and non heating one can be 5 or 7 clicks (in race it is even higher)

romandevision likes this.
  11. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I understand the first try. :D

But I'm an idiot - I knew about the pressure in the wheels, but added to the front left instead of the rear... and I didn't see the effect

12. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

lol.
    put the above information on test and see if it helps.

13. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Saw the edited post above - thanks for your help! :)

SimGuy_1 likes this.
  14. Maciej Malinowski

I never had issues tyres on any car, yes everyone is different but none of them has handling problems because of them

15. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

The reasons could be different. The most obvious reasons:
    1. Aggressive style driving
    2. Hellxboxcontroller in simracing. This is my reason and pain.

My best result is Monza: 1:49:xxx(Bentley/Honda), Nurb: 1:56:xxx(Honda). If I drive the same way as on the steering wheel of these results I can not achieve.

16. Maciej Malinowski

There are some aliens even on controllers so it is possible but yeah it sure is a pain, sometimes aggression helps but u need to control that aggression

17. Maciej Malinowski

On Nurburgring I once got into 53s with the Porsche (new) but that was just one hotlap

Coanda likes this.
  18. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Yep, all the hotlaps are more fun for the sake of entertainment and don't always show the truth. But for yourself I always want to determine what car is capable of)

I couldn't decide between the Bentley/AMR V8 and Honda, so I'm just trying hotlap out 70% of the time). Dev has stumped me - they're all very different and interesting, so it's hard to choose. But it has to be done - in my opinion, until you choose something specific - you will not be able to unlock the full potential of the car.

Except for the BMW. It is useless to fight her - she lives her life.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  19. redadeg

redadeg Racer

My last 5 AI-Races where won by Porsche

And sitting inside this Porsches was not me :-( ;-)

20. Maciej Malinowski

Could be stroge driver, different drivers also have different skill level, it seems like Porsche and very good AI driver is a killer combo