1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS MoTeC telemetry and dedicated ACC workspace

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Is there any way to change the folder that ACC saves data files to? I would like to send them to a Onedrive or Dropbox folder so they are accessible from PC's other than the one I run the game on.

2. Neilski

Neilski Alien

I don't know if you can change the ACC config to achieve this.
    There are two other options though: either use a symlink to point the folder to another location (having renamed the original), or just tell your cloud client of choice to include the ACC folder. I don't know if the Dropbox client can do that, but I've definitely done it with Google Drive and I'm fairly sure I've done it with Onedrive.

3. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Aris could be possible to increase the telemetry sampling rate to 100Hz?, 20Hz is too slow even with points interpolation.

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

+1

Any increase would be a improvement and very much appreciated because as it stands it is logging roughly every 2-3m which is a problem for suspension travel & damper analysis. For the suspension travel it would be nice to have this at 200hz. Not all channels require this or is it if one channel gets bumped up they all get bumped up accordingly..?

keith dixon likes this.
  5. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Agree, was trying to analyse TC engagement on the track map and am certain there isn't a high enough data frequency to provide an accurate picture. No 2 laps were consistent with each other and at such a low frequency even the difference in phasing (log timings in respect to the car position lap on lap) can provide a completely different output.

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Exactly Barra. We are extremely limited due to privacy; ok no problem not much that can be done there.. If possible please give us more accuracy with what we can see else motec becomes fairly useless unfortunately..

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  7. Captain Barracuda

I think it's still useful for certain things, like driver review, identifying handling issues due to bottoming out, break temps/efficiency. It is also possible to get a reasonably good picture of slow bump/rebound settings. It's possible to get a fair idea of your particular car's low/high speed crossover point by comparing 2 laps with wildly different fast bump/rebound settings and moving the crossover value until there's minimal impact on your low speed histo. So there's some useful tools. We're better off having what we've got than nothing.

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Your right, I was too harsh.. Something is better than nothing and do find it useful. I guess like others have expressed I just want more accuracy particularly around the dampers. I have also tried to have some dialogue with a few data guys, they're not overly interested because of the lack of accuracy..

How do you tell if you are bottoming out or riding the bumpstops?

9. Captain Barracuda

If I identify a handling issue at a certain point on the circuit I'll review in motec to try and identify the cause before making changes. If my wheel travel at that point exceeds the ride height I make the assumption (keyword :D) that the handling issue is due to it blowing through it's suspension travel and bottoming out. I don't know which portion of the travel is bump stop specifically. Of course there are factors that affect actual ride height at that moment in time, like the roll of the car (lift on the unloaded side) and not knowing where the ride height is measured on the car, but if I'm running 74mm on the rear and I have a spike on the loaded rear tyre of say 77mm over a bump it's a fair assumption for me to make. I'll then make changes to improve the issue and if the handling problem is gone once I 'dial out' the alleged bottom out then great, if not I'll try other things to improve the balance or vary my line/technique through that corner to avoid the issue.

Martin Griniec, Rolz and Coanda like this.
  10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thanks Barra that makes sense however like you said there are some assumptions going on here.. In other data sets the suspension travel logged is at a higher frequency which produces a more smooth and rounded curve on the graph. It was easier to determine if you had reached your maximum travel because the peak of the wave would be flat. This is not possible today as the graphs from ACC resemble a staircase. Because we do not have a suspension app like AC a simple Y/N indicator to inform us if you are on the bumpstop would also be appreciated..

Anyway I think I have harped on enough. I am not very optimistic anything will change in this space. I could be wrong and I hope I am..

11. Captain Barracuda

All in all what's important is the on track performance and how you feel driving it. That Monza file of mine that you have shows issues with the damper settings. I spent a bunch of time 'correcting' that setup a few days ago and whilst the car felt a little better to drive it was actually a few tenths slower. The histogram by nature gives you an overview of what your car is doing across the lap so you can focus settings on the higher frequency damper rates, but to my knowledge it doesn't filter out straights (correct me if I'm wrong) and at a track like Monza it's possible that low speed damper movements on the straights could totally distort the important corner info as such a large % of the lap is straights. Would love to learn more about this side of it and being able to focus on the relevant data not just the overall.

12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

*graph.. :D kid has got me tired..

13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Yeah I noticed the rear on your Merc is showing to be massively under-dampened just like the Audi is. On a variety of tracks it is the same for the Audi. I tried some extreme rear setups which does show some improvement in this area with more dampened rear however it was undrivable and still a little under-dampened according to motec. In the end I kind of gave up because the data can not be fully trusted due to only being logged at 20hz.

The only way I can tell to kind of do this is to hit "T" which will bring up the track map, then zoom in by mouse scroll which should highlight a section of the track your interested in and then look at your necessary damper info.

Captain Barracuda likes this.
  14. Flavus

Flavus Racer

So I would like some feedback regarding a problem I get with the audi 2019 evo at La Source Spa. Every so often when taking this corner the rear end locks up as the ABS stays on with 0% brake applied and I loose control and swap ends.
    I have included a pic of the Motec telemetry of a normal pass (Audi ok) and the one where I spin (Audi spin). The vertical yellow shows the point in time when I am off the brakes and reaching the apex. Why is the ABS staying on? Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Audi OK.PNG Audi spin.PNG

15. keith dixon

keith dixon Racer

You can get a rough idea on ride height using a combination of static ride height and susp travel, it's not perfect but it might help with some problem areas

If you look at the first pic you can see the RR has compressed to 63, my ride height on the rear is 62, a little bit further on the LR compresses and I can feel both of those strikes through the wheel, if you look at the bump profile you can see there's a hard hit on both tyres at those points ride height.jpg
    bump profile.jpg

Coanda and Captain Barracuda like this.
  16. Thomas Kühn

Thomas Kühn Rookie

hello Keith can you please Post your workbook to Download... lg

17. keith dixon

keith dixon Racer

It's something I can look at once I finish it up Thomas, I still have a lot of work to do on it yet

Thomas Kühn likes this.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thank you for the example. Care to share your math for your ride height channel..?

JONATHAN CLARK likes this.
  19. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Lets say I have 5 laps in a log file.

1. 1:35.1
    2. 1:35.2
    3. 1:35.3
    4. 1:55.1
    5. 1:35.4

Is there any way to delete the 4th lap?

20. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Yes, more or less. In Motec, click on the lap editor (is the the eight button starting from the left), then click on the lap and later on the edit button, after that uncheck the tick box that says "trust for autoscale and report calculations". Technically you also can remove the lap, but I had bad experiences with that in the past loosing entire sessions worth of data (technically you still have the telemetry data, but you loose the beacons that mark the start/end of lap, so at the end you have a 25minutes worth of data that shows as a single lap on motec, and that ends up being useless).

Bonus: I usually do the uncheck thing to get rid of misleading data of laps with cutting corners, or returning to pits from a mid point in to the lap, that way I get usefull rolling minimums. For the eccletic laptime I go one stet further and I edit the track sections in such a way that a sector starts in a braking point and ends in the next braking point, doing it that way usually the rolling minimum, the eccletic time and my "realisticly possible best lap time" tend con converge very close together.