1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Simracing Race Fuel Calculator

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Elrann, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

[​IMG]

Simracing Race Fuel Calculator, or shortly SRFC, is the evolution of our original Race Fuel Calculator which was made specifically only for Assetto Corsa Competizione and was limited only to track from ACC and GT3 class cars only.
    After a lot of requests and very good feedback from all of you, players and members of our community, we decided to make universal, definitive and especially very precise and accurate fuel calculator tool for simracers, which will not be limited only to one particular game, but you can use it for any racing game on the market. If you want iRacing Fuel Calculator, or need Fuel Calculator for any other favorite game, new SRFC is there for you!

How does it works?
    Everything you need is to select whether is your race counted in time or based on number of laps, then input race length in minutes or number of laps, your average lap time or lap time on which you want to aim in the race and then just your fuel consumption per lap.

Simracing Race Fuel Calculator calculate for you the following things:
    - How many laps you probably do / length of race in minutes
    – Minimum fuel load (for those who like challenges and don’t want any spare fuel left in tank at the end of the race – however, keep in mind that your fuel consumption per lap may vary during the race!)
    – Safe fuel load or fuel load for races with full formation lap.
    – Recommended fuel load which is the best balance between all previously mentioned and it is always recommended – our algorithm not let you down in middle of last lap with empty fuel tank and at the same time you not finish with 20 litres of fuel remaining in tank.

Mythiq.net Simracing Race Fuel Calculator is available here:
    https://mythiq.net/fuelcalc

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    FLATPAT, Fremen_78, Rasyid and 11 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room How to join a race event subscribed on SimracingGP platform Apr 12, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room RWB International Tuesday races on Simracing GP 21.15GMT Oct 27, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Ciracesonline SimRacing & Mod: Event & Championship Mar 1, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room SimRacingOrgUk ACC Races Jul 20, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Real racers on simracing Aug 16, 2017
    Chit Chat Room SimRacing Discord 24/7 - OG Nordschleife + Official Races 9pm EDT Apr 26, 2017
    Online Leagues / Championships room [Discord] SRDGRC - SimRacing Discord - Mods and Variety Races Jan 19, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Revs simracing uk - silverstone fun race - 05/07/14 Jul 5, 2014
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT3 - USA Sprints | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Nov 7, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT4 - World Sprints | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Oct 8, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT3 - Euro Sprints #2 | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Sep 6, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT4 - Euro Sprints #2 | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Aug 9, 2023
    Online Leagues / Championships room [SimRacing-GP.net] Pagani Zonda R - Sprint Series | Thursdays Jun 4, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT4 - Europe Sprint Series | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Feb 28, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT3 - Europe Sprint Series | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Jan 28, 2023

3. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Looks snugly! Thanks for your work!

4. Racert46

Racert46 Simracer

Thank you for this simple tool, i was using my phone calculator.

Lady_Oscar, romandevision and Turk like this.
  5. Turk

Turk Alien

Yeah it was a real pain trying to figure it all while peering under my VR headset, I was converting the minutes into seconds and then trying to work out how many laps I could do in that time. I've bookmarked this on the phone now, should make things much easier.

6. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Don't want to sound like a d!ck, but it doesn't calculate fuel correctly. Even with the 'safety reserve' it's way off.

A 90 minute race at Monza for example:
    60x90=5400 seconds

Monza is ~1:48 laptimes
    5400/108=50 laps

3.1L per lap in the Aston for example
    50x3.1=155L

Your fuel calculator tells me I need 198L. The tool says 'Including safety reserve approx. of 16L'.
    198-16=182L, while in reality I only need 155L.

Edit: Wow, this tool is even buggier than I initially thought xD
    90 minute race at zolder with 3.1L per lap gives me a result of 242L

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thank you for providing a tool to the community. A little feedback if I may..

- The website is taking 60+ seconds to fully load.
    - A small spelling mistake.

acc_fuel_calc_mis.jpg

8. Firmi

Firmi Gamer

I use either my calculator or racingstrats.com when I feel lazy or for a confirmation I didn't misscalculated something.
    Not being able to use an average laptime for the calculation seems very weird. Nice idea but lot of room for improvements and even then there are several other calculators already available...

9. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions.

@Oblit0r
    For longer races RFC still calculates a bit more than I want, however for shorter races (like 20-30 minutes) it is ok.

I will fix this for longer races soon, really appreciate your feedback. :)

@Firmi
    "Not being able to use an average laptime for the calculation seems very weird. "

- This is because average lap times per every track are set in calculator. This is why you need to choose track in calculator. It's more user friendly.

10. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

It's the same for shorter races tho.

30 Minute race at Monza, by my own calculation I need 52L (I would add fuel for 1 extra lap which gives me 55-56L). Your tool shows me I need 66L.
    20 Minute race at Monza, I need 35L + 1 lap = 38-39L. Your tool shows me 44.

Your tool calculates fuel for 14.2 laps in a 20 minute race, when with 1:46 laptimes (you probably will never see these times during a race) you would only need fuel for 11.3 laps.

Would be an idea to let users override the preset laptimes you've put in the tool, because in different griplevels and conditions (static medium rain for example), laptimes will differ a lot from the times you've put in the tool, rendering the outcome of the calculation pretty useless.

Piret2000 likes this.
  11. @Elrann Many thanks for your work but this should be a proper fuel calculator should be a part of the game itselfs.
    There is absolute no reason for the Kunos guys to still withhold this feature :cool:

How many race drivers are sitting in the car with a laptop to calculate the necessary fuel for the race and tell the result to their race engineers?

MrBungle, Stepy, tjr and 1 other person like this.
  12. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Maybe there is a bias like counting a full formation lap instead of a short one.

13. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

It does, but even then it calculates about 2 laps too much fuel for a 20 minute race.

14. Firmi

Firmi Gamer

How can you know what the average laptime for me will be? Maybe I'm so slow, I'll get lapped, or I'm one of the Aliens who does one or two laps more than all the others.
    You say it's more userfriendly when in reality it's just unnecessary and kind of useless when instead you could easily ask the user to put in an average laptime, or maybe even give us both options.

Piret2000 and m_box97 like this.
  15. bratt01

bratt01 Gamer

Race time in minutes * 60 / laptime in seconds = total laps.
    Totals laps + 1 multiply by fuel used per lap = total fuel.

It's a very simple calc to do on your phone, small calculator or an excel sheet.

Firmi and Racert46 like this.
  16. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

Yes, this is one of reason why RFC calculating a bit more fuel. It is not unusual that on some MP servers are two formation laps before race starts due to some weird bug, so I choose more safer way to calculate fuel. At the end of the day, having 10 litres more per 20/30 min race does not do a big difference in lap times. Still better to lose 0.100 per lap than 45 secs by refueling. For longer races it is issue indeed, however I'll do my best to modify calculator to calculate less reserve for longer races.
    Also RFC counting with possible fuel consumption rate change during race.

I calculated it by taking track record and average lap times from Q at MP servers by all players and calculated median. Having both options to choose is good idea, thank you.

17. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

Race Fuel Calculator was balanced a bit for more precise and accurate fuel calculation. For longer is still a bit more fuel reserve, however at least for shorter ones its now just approx one lap.

18. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

RFC was updated and added tracks from new Intercontinental GT DLC.

anthonylroy likes this.
  19. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

Intercontinental GT DLC tracks were balanced to be fuel calculations more accurate.

MrBungle likes this.
  20. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

We finished moving our website and services to new powerful servers, so everyone can fully use Race Fuel Calculator again.

My apologies for unavailability of RFC in past two days.

Creegz, Fremen_78, Tundra and 2 others like this.
  21. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

We done few changes in fuel calculation for some tracks, so calculations should be more accurate for long stints.