1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nordschleife: is it at all possible? - Spoiler alert: no

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Poguinhas, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cravenor

Cravenor Gamer

I personally really don´t understand why People keep demanding, wishing, begging for Nordschleife or any other Non-SRO related Tracks or Cars for a Simulator, that is build under the License and Restrictions of a real Racing Series. Is it that hard to understand and accept, that this Simulator was build for a specific Purpose and that is to recreate the SRO GT3 Competition Series. Only through that Deal it was possible for Kunos to develop the hugely realistic GT3 Cars, having access to actual Drivers, actual Engineers, USB Sticks full of real Telemetry Data from the Teams. That is the Core Foundation for the driving Experience we now can enjoy.
    Nobody asks for Indy Cars in an Codemasters official F1 Game, or for the Indy 500 Event, because that would be useless. But here it emerges almost every Week despite the Fact that it is here as useless as asking Codemasters. Why don´t you enjoy this Sim with it´s amazingly Content and use other Sims for your Nordschleife, GT2´s ect. There are more than one Options to drive on Nordschleife.
    This is the SRO GT Series based and licensed Simulator. Nothing more, nothing less. Maybe Kunos will make a AC 2, maybe there will be the Nordschleife again. But not in ACC. Deal with it ;)

2. Turk

Turk Alien

[​IMG]

3. icemanzp

icemanzp Simracer

what about McLaren 720s, which is not took part in any SRO events?

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Not entirely true. Mika Hakkinen drove it at the 10hr enduro of Suzuka.

5. Mach77

Mach77 Racer

this:
    and also with the McLaren Shadow event. that's why we got the 720S

6. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The Nordschleife isn’t a ridiculous request though, it’s a huge event on the GT3/4 calendar and ACC is the GT3 sim. There’s no doubt it would be massive for the sim and a huge DLC seller. While we’re at it we could have Macau as well :D

There’s no need to react as if we’re suggesting Kunos add Talledaga Superspeedway... :confused:

sissydriver likes this.
  7. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

ACC isn't the GT3 sim it's the Blancpain sim.

Freddie Seng likes this.
  8. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

The Intercontinental GT Challenge never had the Blancpain sponsorship. And as of next season Blancpain isn't going to be the SRO World Challenge series sponsor anymore anyway.

How about some of you guys stop gate keeping and let Kunos do what they do. If they're bothered by customer interest in things like the Nordschleife they're going to say so and probably would've shut this thread down long ago. Doesn't need others coming up with the n-th reason why it won't or shouldn't be coming to the sim..

10. Cravenor

Cravenor Gamer

The last Time i looked at the Definition of a Forum, it was to discuss Things. You argue that you wanna have Nord in this Sim, then you have to deal with opposite Arguments. If you can't handle it, don't use a Forum. So please don't try to forbid People to talk the opposite. Thanks ;)

Piret2000 and m_box97 like this.
  11. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Yeah Nords doesn't belong in this sim, the Kunos licensing manager has said in an interview that it will not be coming to this sim. Perhaps it's time to go drive Nords in one of the other half a dozen titles it's featured in and accept that not every sim needs a token Nords included.

12. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Has anyone from Kunos actually stated that ACC is *exclusively* for SRO series and events?

I've never seen it.

sissydriver likes this.
  13. Cravenor

Cravenor Gamer

At a SimExpo 2019 Interview they stated that they are under licensing Restrictions and also stated that there will be no Nordschleife for ACC. It was said that they have Plans for Nord, but not in Competizione.

Seems Logical to me, for SRO ACC is a interesting Marketing Tool to attract new Viewers for their Events. So they are Not interested in any Content that is not Related to One of their Racing Series.

Freddie Seng, sissydriver and m_box97 like this.
  14. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

While i would also like to see it but this **** has to stop... even if by some lucky damn star we ever get the nords as dlc or whatever people will just start to request bunch of cars they want to race there..and then whole new storm starts.. .be patient for the next product and thats is

15. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Agree, the Nords and Z4 requests get a bit tedious .

Dewald Nel likes this.
  16. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

We made 2/3 hours endurance races on GT5 and GT6 on playstation, so i do not see why it would be such a disaster. Sure we were organized racing but usually out of 16 starting 13/4 would end the race (night with variable weather).

I'm sure there's enough serious racers around to do this. Altought it seems that pc gaming is focused 99% about one lap heroes more than endurance racing and bringing home the car in one piece.

17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Completely missing the point. Frankly this thread should've been long closed because of posts like that. This discussion adds nothing. Kunos knows there's customer interest and they'll decide. Argumentation for or against isn't needed.

18. Turk

Turk Alien

It depends where Kunos servers are based. If it's i
    I don't know that ACC is exclusive to SRO, it may be a temporary one. But Kunos have incredible access to high quality race series with SRO, it's a fantastic opportunity and it would be utterly bonkers for Kunos to not take full advantage of that partnership while they have it. Nordschliefe is great, but like it's been pointed out already, it's already in all the sims, it's had it's day in the sun, it's not going to bring the same fan fair it did the last time.

The SRO series brings new content, it adds relevant content in keeping with what we've got. I'm looking forward to it and I'd like to see more SRO content. Adding in regional SRO series would be a better direction I think. Imagine if they managed to get all SRO events into the title before it's done and it's a complete SRO sim.

19. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Just saying it's out on other sims, but this one is THE SIM compared to the others, so i guess it's just normal people want to race it in this newer and more accurate one, with proper physics and tires.

But hey! Maybe Kunos will use the asset and physics and release a cheap game based on nurb 24h using the acquired datas and physics along with their laserscanned track.

Something on the lines of " Assetto Nurb24h Corsa " with all the various categories multiclass racing there during the 24h race...

Ecen if it was just one track I bet it would have market

20. any any

any any Gamer

the hope dies last

Turk likes this.