1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I'm getting slow!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Bob Peirce, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

Lately I'm about 5% off my best times and I can't figure out why. If I push harder I end up losing the lap. If I back off a bit I don't get any faster. Any ideas what is going on?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality I'm getting terrible VR performance/ghosting Apr 7, 2019
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues I look like I'm driving underground to other people Dec 21, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game Freezes and crashes when i'm in Team events Jul 22, 2022
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues I'm being disconnected while everybody enjoys MP Nov 9, 2021
    ACC General Discussions How do I accept that I'm crap? Nov 5, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer This just happened to me in a race today and I'm mad. (Revenge crashed for no reason) Jan 28, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer CP connecting to EU region when I'm in US Dec 25, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Why I'm faster in hotlap mod than practice one? Nov 28, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions This week - I'm wasting my life away on 24hr endurance (offline) Nov 11, 2020
    ACC Physics I'm improving race setup, BUT drives poor with 10 ltrs? Nov 3, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Changing rims = hey I'm acc I will play the lottery for the ffb settings for individual rims Oct 7, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Great - I'm at the start line and it's raining. Now what? Apr 4, 2020
    ACC General Discussions I'm newbie Feb 7, 2020
    ACC General Discussions I'm dreaming of a CP christmas Dec 9, 2019
    ACC General Discussions I'm looking for the #43 Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO in Update 1.1 Oct 24, 2019

3. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Did this happen after the 1.1 release?

4. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

I'm in AC, not ACC, but it has happened in the last couple of weeks. I don't mind being a couple seconds off on any given day but we're talking 6 sec. or so in a two minute lap, which is weird.

5. Flavus

Flavus Racer

If you don't have acti (telemetry app) installed then you should install it. If you do have it installed then you should look at the data and all will be revealed.

6. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

check your steering wheel rotation if it's in sync with the in-game one: When suddenly sometimes I become incredibly slower than the day before it's because my steering wheel is not in sync with the one in game lol

7. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Check your track grip setting and maybe wind.

sissydriver likes this.
  8. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

Where can I find that. I'm just getting into data. In fact, some AC track data can be imported into Track Attack, which is pretty neat. Unfortunately, mod tracks can't, although I was able to get them to add Pitt Race.

9. Flavus

Flavus Racer

10. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

Thanks. I downloaded it and will try to get it working.

BTW, getting slow may have been a temporary slump. I did a few laps of Laguna Seca today and was only about 2.5% off my best. That's pretty normal. My best is usually some kind of fluke where everything somehow clicked. If I can consistently get within 2-3% of that I'm pretty happy. Then, once-in-a-while, everything will click again and I'll set a new personal best and figure I am still improving.

11. dave967

dave967 Racer

Its because your brain needs a rest. You're probably experiencing a little burn out in the game. You know when you're tired your not as sharp...When I'm tired I'm not as sharp a driver, when I'm rested I'm a lot better and a lot faster.

12. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

Right on. I was just running a Porsche ClubSport at Cota and Laguna Seca on Saturday and at Mid-Ohio and Pitt Race today and managed to eke out slightly better personal bests on all of them. In one case my last best was in early February.

I found I wasn't hitting the limit previously, not THE limit but my limit, which is 5-10% slower than the aliens. I can't hit my limit without going over it from time-to-time which leads to disallowed laps. There is a fine line between not enough and too many. Previously I had been trying for error-free sessions. This time I was trying to keep the bad laps in the 20-30% range. It made a big difference. Fortunately you can't kill yourself or destroy your car in a sim!