1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

BOP Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by redlinemotorsport.co.uk, Oct 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

A little reconsideration of my point of view. Conducted the 2019 car test again. The Bentley paradox - them is very stable and seems to me to have better control, but surprisingly slow overall. He has no weaknesses, but the overall picture looks sad. BMW is as unpredictable as my ex-girlfrend.

@Aristotelis will the BOP McLaren 720s be adjusted? I liked this car, but it has an advantage in Nurb and it is noticeable (unlike Zolder, where it is not so obvious). This is very noticeable on the results of the average players in random race a lot stronger than on the alien-charlist on the first page.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  2. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

720 BOP will be adjust after the end of the "Shadow" hotlap contest.
    Aristotelis tell theire is mistake on the BOP (Silverstone and maybe Nurb).

romandevision likes this.
  3. The McLaren event is over. have they fixed McLaren's bop yet?

4. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Nope not yet, sorry.
    Because of the work for the DLC had to go ahead, it wasn't possible for us to release a hotfix for the McLaren BOP at Silverstone and Nurburgring. It will arrive with the next update (not the DLC one). Thank you for your patience.

5. Nico1979

Nico1979 Racer

@Aristotelis so you are planing to release a hotfix update before the dlc?

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Zolder is the lightest the 720s will compete at 1350 KG compared to 1385 at Nurburgring.

The Porsche 911.2 conundrum.. On average this car has a healthy 34 kg advantage to it's nearest weight competitor, a whopping 47 kg advantage over the whole 2019 field and a 64 kg advantage over the Mercedes. It is not only doing very well in MP but also destroying the field in SP. Out of 10 races in SP this vehicle qualified P1 every time by an average of over half a second. This vehicle more than any other is the one that needs the most attention as it really is not a fair playing ground.

Ai Strength: 100%
    Ai Aggression: 100%
    Ai Count: 20
    Weather: Clear - 12 PM - AT 30 - TT38
    Track Grip: Fast
    Session: 1 x 15 min Qualifying

acc_porsche_qualy_iss.jpg

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    romandevision likes this.
  7. Dobermann92

Dobermann92 Racer

Aside from Spa I've never seen Porsches on the first to fifth places in single player. The Mercedes and the Lambo are usually first on the other tracks and I've done around 40 single player races. The AI strenght was 90 to 95% usually in those races.

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

9. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

It's for us to get used to the IGTC.:D
    Bathurst, 1st
    California, 3rd
    Spa, 1st and 2nd ... and 5th... and 7th... and 9th (5 in 10)
    Suzuka, 3rd
    Kyalami, 1st and 3rd

Coanda likes this.
  10. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I don't agree; because this car still has the SMALLEST engine on the grid.
    You are still saying it needs adjusting?
    cmon adjust slower cars make them faster this should be the approach.

Porsche BoP is fine, they finally playing BoP with its advantages.
    what i gather from what aris said is that they DECIDED to go with real values. what i(COULD BE WRONG) take it from this is that they could have completely created their own BoP but decided to go with real one.
    So if they are free they SHOULD go for slow cars, i'm just tired of adding bags and bags and bags of weight (as if power restrictions weren't enough) in race cars just kills the whole race car.

In short DONT touch fast cars make slow cars better ( and it is easily possible as this is a software not IRL )

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thats up to the devs to sort out how they balance the equation. Nobody wants to see the 911.2 take 10/10 pole positions by those sort of margins..

Dafunkdp likes this.
  12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I really wouldn't say the 911 is anywhere near the fastest car, its more competitive then the older model but its clearly not quickest everywhere or even anywhere yet. With AI it may be a different case but BOP shouldn't be changed just to make AI faster or slower in a car, there must be something else in AI code that may make them better or faster in a car then what people can get. ;)

13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Protecting your baby Marty :p Don't worry it's an SP issue that needs addressing.. The Ai results don't lie..

14. Dobermann92

Dobermann92 Racer

I think less than 1 sec gap isn't too bad, the Porsche is tricky to drive, so you cannot really do consistent top laps with it, unless you are an alien. For example I prefer the new Lambo or Audi over that, because they are more predictable.

I used 19 AI, there were 2 Porsches in the endurance cup exept Spa where there were 3. Only one Porsche was in the sprint cup. Settings: 3x10 min qualifying 1x1hour race, 90 strenght 90 agression, real weather. I've done a full sprint and a full endurance 2019 championship. The poles (excluding me) went to the No.4 Mercedes or the No.2 Audi except for Spa where it went to No. 98 Porsche followed by No. 99 Porsche then No. 117 Porsche.

The wins went to the following guys (in no particular order and sometimes excluding my win): No. 4 Merc x2 (consistently in top3 except for Spa), No. 88 Merc, No. 89 Merc, No. 2 Audi (consistently top3), No. 25 Audi, No. 62 Aston (on Silverstone, where it is OP), No. 72 Ferrari (the only Ferrari AI which can reach top10, weird), No. 563 Lambo (only spawned at Spa, it is hard to race against it in Qucik race, because the AI doesn't seem to prioritise this car when choosing Lambos for the grid), No. 63 Lambo,

The Porsches always finished top10 to top6, only once in top4 and it wasn't on Spa. On Spa, 2 of the 3 Porsches (Rowe 98 and Rowe 99) finished second and third to last ahead of the always last Honda NSX Evo. It could be because of the buggy blue flag rules, so I don't really know.

In quick races I usually go for a 20 min run and with or without 1 mandatory pit, 90-92-95% strenght and agression, but usually Merc, Audi and Lambo dominates. I've also noticed some weird AI behaviour, for example the AM cars are always slower than the Pro-Am car(s) which is always slower than the Silver and Pro cars regardless of car model. For example Boutsen Ginion uses a Lamborghini Huracan Evo, yet they always finished only in top of their class (AM) instead of overtaking slower cars like the Bentley or the BMWs. Or only the No. 72 Ferrari can win a race, the other cars 333, 444, etc. are always in the lowest split, I've only seen the 333 car reaching 10th position once and that was at Spa. The only exeption is the aforementioned Honda NSX Evo, which is dead last in every race I do.

15. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

The Porsche seems pretty well balanced in MP, it's SP where the issue lies. Seems more an AI programming issue than a BOP one affecting human players.

Anyone saying the Porsche is lacking just needs to drive it faster :cool:;)

SimGuy_1 and martcerv like this.
  16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Happy to continue this in the link I provided earlier.

.. As my results show on some tracks it is over 1 secound gap to P2 in qualy. This is not realistic and nor is the 10/10 pole positions by S. Muller.

My results are for all tracks. Spa had one of the smaller margins however the Porsche still took pole position whilst loosing time in traffic as I remember watching the on board whilst conducting the test.

100% / 100% for my tests as they were comparisons to real life qualifying times. You can see all the results in detail here:- https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...al-2018-2019-qualy-results-new-results.60767/

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  17. Dobermann92

Dobermann92 Racer

Just did a 100% / 100% 20 min (10 qualy) AI race at Barcelona (no mandatory pit) and the 2 Porsches qualified to 6th and 7th and finished 5th and 7th. No rain. I can do further testing in the other thread (although I would always finish last in this case because 100% AI is a bit too strong for me :D)

I mentioned Spa in my example because I heard people complaining about that track most of the time. I did other tracks too. At Spa Porsches will always get onto the pole, on the other tracks they didn't for me (tested with only 95% AI except last test).

On the other hand I'm more interested about the "anomalies" I noticed.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Maybe I need to study the AI to see h ow to be too fast in my baby. But I know the setup I ran hoping it cant storm all race was not good when it yellow stormed for 80 of 90 minutes at Silverstone and even though I raised it to near max ride it wasn't clearing the water in the straights too well. Had it been a dry race I would have been struggling to hang on to the Merc and McLaren there for full distance.

19. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

The funny thing is I never had problems beating this McLaren on those tracks in a Porsche, is it’s bop really broaken?

20. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Agreed, I think if anything the Porsche needs to be slowed down a bit.