1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's get acquainted?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by romandevision, Nov 28, 2019.

1. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Hey, friends! We are on this forum every day and sometimes see each other in the game, but we don't know each other. Let's get acquainted?

I am 30 years old, my name is Roman and I am from Moscow. I am engaged in foreign economic activity and i'm not sure I've chosen the right way, so I'd like to go work to a BMW or Porsche dealer. I like BMW, but so far I have accumulated only on a stub from BMW: its MINI - this is a good car. :)
    Next year I'm waiting to move to a new apartment (the construction of the house is in progress now), so I'm using Xbox controller, but after moving I want to build a cockpit in the back room - planning on placing it on six square metres))
    I started playing GTR2, but since then I've quit playing and back to playing in 2018 in AC(PS4, 500h), this year assembled a computer for playing in ACC, currently the counter costs 380 hours.

Couldn't attach a vote on the age of the users. :confused:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Let's hope this does the trick Dec 16, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Giving back for ACC 1.8: Let's talk about multi-class, multi-hour, full grid simulation? Dec 10, 2021
    ACC Physics Let's talk about spins... Apr 2, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Let's do something, this is going to get ugly...(Servers) Aug 3, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Let's talk multiplayer/online servers Jul 11, 2020
    ACC General Discussions POLL! Let's buy this game again every year to support Assetto Corsa guys! Jul 20, 2019
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Let's Play VR (Pimax 5K +) Porsche + Spa Francorhamps :) Jul 2, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Let's talk about broadcasting (user's thread) Dec 12, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Let's talk about broadcasting (programmer's thread) Dec 12, 2018
    Suggestions Let's REQUEST CARS Here Jan 15, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Ok guys (and girls) , let's proove AC right (or wrong) using Laguna Seca. Jan 2, 2018
    Console Lounge Let's talk vote to kick Mar 18, 2017
    Console Lounge Quick race weekend (let's talk abou it Vol.1) Feb 24, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Let's talk Lotus 98T Feb 17, 2017
    Console Lounge Let's discuss the Automatic Gearbox in online racing (mainly console issues) Jan 18, 2017

3. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

My name is Captain. I am 37 years old from Melbourne Australia. I own a 2017 VW Golf. I like long walks on the beach and grid girls.

grid eddie.jpg

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Because of @Captain Barracuda despicable behavior we are no longer allowed to create poll threads.. Thanks Captain!

My name is Coanda and I use to live in Melbourne. I use to enjoyed long walks on the beach with the Captain..

romandevision likes this.
  5. Captain Barracuda

Hang on a sec, I think your blame is misplaced o_O

Coanda likes this.
  6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I updated my statement..

7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

8. Captain Barracuda

Ok, back on topic now. I also like sim racing and beer. Currently I am racing in the RaceOnOz ACC season and am doing poorly after a DNF in round 3.

9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Ok I can be serious once in a while..

Nationality: Australian (European roots) living in the beautiful Philippines
    Likes: daughter, real people, nature & camping, sim racing, f1 (on the decline after 30 years), custom classic/muscle cars, BWS, food, golf, cycling, weight lifting, boxing, darts..
    Dislikes: Fads, self obsessed fake people, sly governments/world organizations
    Bla Bla: The first time I drove a two stroke Go Kart at aged 9 or 10 I was hooked. I remeber driving the Kart and pretending to talk to the pits whilst thinking I was Nigel Mansell. At 13 I lied about my age to work at the local Go Kart track. Like many young kids I was disillusioned by the idea that I could one day be a racing car driver. Second job landed me an opportunity to drive an ex Alan Jones 92 EB Falcon V8 Supercar around Calder Park. The car was setup for my boss who was 6'4" tall.. I should not have driven it as I could hardly reach the peddles & gear leaver which was not particularly safe. Still, at age 17 it was the first time I went over 200 KM/h and I loved it. I have never been over 300 KM/h however I have always wanted too. These days I am more mellow and I don't think there will be a realistic chance of doing so. Today I am currently racing in my first league championship with Captain Barracuda, "RaceOnOz". Trust me he is being modest because he is a weapon! It's great to have Sim racing titles going to a new level. Exciting times ahead for sim racers.. :)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  10. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

That's why I'm gonna ask @Minolin create vote. Maybe he will decide to get to know us better too or tell me about herself. :rolleyes:

Up to 18
    19-25
    26-35
    36-45
    46-50
    51-64
    Over 65

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I was joking.. A few months back I was creating a lot of pole threads for a bit of fun and to ease the nastiness going around at the time.. It must have pi$$ed one of the devs off so privileges were revoked..

12. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I realized that it was a joke):D But I still have to ask, because I can't create vote own, I think thatwould have been very useful.

Coanda likes this.
  13. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

I'm from province of Ontario in Canada. 39 years old. Worked part time on a local race team that raced Formula vee's, Formula 1600 (Fords then Hondas), Formula Mazda. also did 2 season with my own car

I don't race online much in ACC haven't had a fun time yet that make me want to come back and when I can get online being from Canada peak times are not when I'm on so not much to choose from. Plus I am slow compared to others LOL so I end up by my self most of the time. Last time I was online regularly was when GTR2 was in its hay day that was good fun

My go to cars are the big heavy front engine cars as they seem to suit my driving style better and occasionally the 488.
    2018 - BMW M6 GT3
    2019 - Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT3

14. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

I'm Timmy J to my family. I'm a 55 yo pc master race sim racer pro musician who's been struggling for 25 years to break into the construction industry. After all the broken dreams and worn out pc steering wheels, this is where I find myself. I may not show it but I think of you all as friends.

Poll:
    Who thinks Coanda should be given a cat suit and become the official ACC mascot?

15. Thank You Timmy J for making my day :D
    You get a big smiling YES to your poll from my side :p

sissydriver likes this.
  16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I don't come cheap meow..

Tim Wilson and mr Switchblade like this.
  17. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Lennart, 30 years old from Germany. Didn´t know what to do when school ended, went through an apprenticeship as a truck mechanic, decided I like the technology but wanted a better perspective, so I studied and now work as an engineer doing functional development and system design in the automotive sector. On the weekends I like traveling to some race tracks (Spa, Nürburgring, Hockenheim...) to watch races.

My first driving game was Grand Prix Circuits, but I guess I could barely walk back than ;) Spend some time with Need for Speed and decided to look for a proper sim when fiddling NFS Shift 2 during my studies. Assetto Corsa was just released into EA, so I got it, a used G25 soon after which is still doing a good job and I really dug into it. Did some skin work on AC but never had the time to go deep into modding. I don´t get to race ACC as much as I want to these days, but I enjoy it when I can.

And I like the idea of this thread ;)

18. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Roland (yeah not very original with my alias), 44, Brisbane, Australia... Sysadmin by day... wanna be simracer at night :D

19. flihp

flihp Racer

i'm Phil, 48yr, live in Townsville North Queensland Australia (Born in Belgium)/ Work in IT for an Aus Telco, Drive a 2017 Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo Wagon- ( dont judge me... it's super cheap on fuel). My first sim racing experience was the original Micropose Grand Prix on a 386 SX33, from there, Played NFS, Powerslide,GP2,GP3, GP4 etc then got into Flight Sim, from FS2004 to FSX. Got back into Sim racing with AC, Project cars and now ACC.
    Most interesting sim experience was with my first wheel and pedals, Thrustmaster T1, driving papyrus Indycar 2, i retired the car in style with a real life mechanical problem......a broken Throttle pedal spring!!! :)

After_Midnight and romandevision like this.
  20. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I once made a pitstop in a 1h Race on Nordschleife in AC on the ALOOG server to fix a broken spring in my brake pedal. Managed to get back onto track ;)

Also as you mentioned current cars, currently driving an E46 320i Touring currently, sweet 6 cylinders. Not that economic though. Got some extra horsepower from a Nürburgring and an ACC sticker on the rear :D

flihp likes this.
  21. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

This thread feels like some sort of awkward introduction at an alcoholics anonymous meeting.
    I'm Paul, 48 years young, still think I'm 15. I live in country Victoria and am a Tafe teacher in bookkeeping and accounting.
    I have been a gamer since I was about 10. My first racing game was the original 1995 F1 game on the PS1. Until I got rFactor in 2009 I was a console pad racer and only raced the F1 games on PS1, 2 and 3.
    Now I spend my time between ACC, rF2, Raceroom and F1 2019.
    I have been a non drinker for 6 years after drinking enough for multiple lifetimes prior to this.
    I like fitness, golf, cricket, Aussie rules footy and have played all through my junior and adult life.
    Have not missed an F1 race since I saw my first one back in 1997.

ignission, romandevision and Mr.Mugel like this.