1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jetsun

Jetsun Rookie

@Minolin, I started the career, took care of CC as long as the colored indicators was in the HUD, then didn't bother about it because I didn't realised that I can bring CC sector back on the HUD, until I read it here...so may be a word or two about that in the rating description page might help some other to not miss it.
    Now I've switched off ratings because I'm going crazy with ABS/TC off in NSX@Hungaroring, but otherwise I would be learning next circuit with CC right now, trying to take care of CN too.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    Minolin likes this.
  2. Si.

Si. Simracer

CC and CN were a truly great innovation in ACC and I hope they continue to evolve. I have certainly become a better racer due to these.

3. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Actually that's exactly how it is intended to work. During the design phase I was 100% sure CC will be vastly helpful in the range below 50, as this indicates a major flaw that will prevent any user from enjoy driving (or even think about racing).
    You should see this until you became better, get the idea that less is sometimes more and move on, but from then on without driving by colors - instead just drive and have learned something about the theory plus what the CC number is telling you.

I wasn't brave enough to think it would work so well on the upper end though (and I'm excited to work with an betatesting alien right now, which should make it possible to improve it on the upper end for one of the next updates).
    Still I think it's a bit dangerous to have the CC open all the time, and get your feedback from realtime colors - feeling where the limit is should be the step after we understood the theory, opposed to look at colors. So I like the minisectors a lot, but not the realtime color thingy - which is hopefully too small to be looked at during cornering :D

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    JanR, warth0g, Beckers and 2 others like this.
  4. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

The Only thing wrong with SA is minor bump incidents. As for CC and CN two of the best telemetry values you can monitor in my opinion.

5. Jetsun

Jetsun Rookie

For guys like me theory have to be repeated many times for things to sink in :D, and CC disappeared after first track in my case, so really I was very happy to find out that I could get CC back on to learn the new circuit of the next week end, I was really surprise how helpful it was, thinking "hey those guys seems to have done a really thoughtful job in here", looking up at the verdict about my coner in the following straight :p

6. david m

david m Racer

absolutely, CN and CC are awesome , especially for newest simracers but also for experienced ones that are looking to improve his driving , 2 big weapons for aiming to improve
    when I say ratings in ACC are the best in any racing game , one of the reasons to say it , is CC and CN, and in the last times also RC seems to be a fantastic rating.
    I don't find it strange the results achieved with the rating system, looking at the motivation, efforts and involved they are doing it

7. +1 :)

8. Si.

Si. Simracer

I do still have these open but I tend to only glance after a particularly good (or bad) corner now, just to see what Minolin says:), a “Perfect” is still a nice feeling, especially on a corner where I don’t normally get them :p.

Tim Larsen likes this.
  9. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

You cannot imagine the levels of creepiness if somebody who is above my own level says something like that. Not long ago I had a chat with somebody who is MILES ahead and he was like "oh no, CC is completely useful and helped me to improve".
    I mean.. The guy who taught the system what to tell a driver is like 2s slower than - that's remarkably creepy.

10. arjit.c

arjit.c Rookie

How do you open the CC window again? I don't see any key to open it again :(

11. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I do like the visual CC colours info, but as you say it’s hard to read on the fly in the top corner of the screen. An option to make it more visible somewhere would be helpful maybe?

Can something be dangerous on the PC lol? I’ve been driving in rl with a race instructor shouting instructions, that was probably actually dangerous heh :D

12. Jetsun

Jetsun Rookie

In option->HUD

arjit.c and After_Midnight like this.
  13. Si.

Si. Simracer

@Minolin you should take it as a compliment, it was meant to be :).

LeDude83, After_Midnight and Minolin like this.
  14. plaid

plaid Alien

Quick question since ACC is currenlty on sale:

I read about performance improvements (also maybe ini tweaks or whatever), but is it likely to enjoy the game with a 270x and a 4460?

I guess not, but one can hope.

15. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

I'm afraid you guess right. You could probably hotlap alone but add 15 or 20 AI and you will be in serious trouble.

plaid and After_Midnight like this.
  16. Sorry mate, but like @David Wright said your system is maybe ok'ish for hotlapping alone. Some stutters here and there. Depending on daytime and weather.
    I've tried it with I5-4670K@4GHz and GTX 1070 and run in heavy trouble as far as I added AI's or join multiplayer. It's simply not smooth and enjoyable. Heavily CPU bottlenecked.
    It was alot better after the change to I7-4790K@4.4GHz but my mainboard died.
    But all of this before the performance improvements in the game.
    After changing half of my system my CPU is chilling around and now my GPU is the limiting factor :p
    But for the current price and the possibilty to refund the game it's maybe worth a try.
    It's a calculable risk ;)

And maybe you like ACC and keep it to enjoy it later after upgrading your PC :)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  17. Dobermann92

Dobermann92 Racer

I run it on a potato really, and while I have stutters sometimes (especially on the first lap), it is manageable with 15 AI and I only have a GTX950m and a i5-6300HQ which are worse than your config. You could run the game with at least 20-24 AI fine, I would advise against running a 49 AI Spa race though :D

plaid likes this.
  18. Vunnible

Vunnible Racer

Yes you can gain SA while playing AI in single player. I’ve never raced online and mine’s 17, with lots of crashes when my buddy comes over to use the rig. Could you feasibly farm your way from 60 to 70? I’m not sure. Could be diminishing returns.

19. Vunnible

Vunnible Racer

20. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Is possible to farm high SA also in single player.

As i've already said, sometimes my friends comes here and i let it try ACC and others simulators. Obviously, run after run, my SA has dropped from about 85 to about 60.

I've reached again 70 SA only playing on single player mode.

After_Midnight likes this.