1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How to know the in-game steering force

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Iketani, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

Hi,

I would like to know, if possible, the in-game steering force in Newton Meter, to make a comparison between the curve and peaks of my steering wheel and the real cars. Maybe with MoTec or with any other program? Many thanks.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals steering wheel lock value in-game doesn´t change Jun 4, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting In-game steering wheel rotation not matching (Fanatec) May 9, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals HELP! Steering Lock/degrees/ratio - wheel not matching with in-game wheel Nov 1, 2019
    General modding discussion Request steering wheel animation in-game app Jan 19, 2016
    Suggestions Choose pedals/shifter/steering preset in-game Sep 18, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Adjust virtual (in-game) steering wheel lock Nov 9, 2013
    ACC Troubleshooting In-game lighting is gone Jan 18, 2023
    ACC Physics What Porsche 992 GT3 Cup Version is in-game? Mar 26, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Simple settings in-game for crisp image? Feb 6, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Whole-System crash (goes dark) in in-game and in menu [fixed: corrupt RAM] Dec 24, 2021
    ACC User Interface Is it possible to add an option to hide the in-game chat ? Aug 25, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars In-game graphics settings vs replay? Feb 11, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Suspected Logitech G29 issue throwing out to pause in-game Dec 26, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Fanatec - DoR Base vs In-game Dec 13, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer In-game screen freeze with new custom skins in multiplayer May 26, 2020

3. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

The torque in Nm depends on your wheel.
    A G27 for instance has max torque around 2Nm...
    So nothing to reach real torques.

4. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

Yeah, I would like to know the percentage of DD wheel torque force setting corresponding to a 7/8 Nm ok peak.

5. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

DD bases are around 15 to 30 Nm
    Depends on base.

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

For my DD2 to average this torque it would be something like 35-40% FF for the wheel driver and 70% gain in game.

7. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

Finally, I found a YouTube video where we can be able to adjust our SC2 wheels. The DD2 has 25 Nm of torque peak, the same as my SC2 Pro, and when he puts 35 % of force strenght it corresponds to 10,7 Nm of torque peak. I think that a GT3 car doesn't reach 10,7 Nm but 7 or 8 Nm, so I only have to decrease the percentage a little (doing some calculations) to configure the SC2 True Drive setting to that. I hope this video will be useful for all SC2 owners and thank you for helping.

8. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

If you can tell me how much percentage of your DD2 wheel corresponds to 8 Nm of ACC peak I will appreciate that (this could avoid some calculations :D).

9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Sorry I didn't understand your request. Can you please elaborate what you mean..?

10. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

The video that I posted shows that with 35 % of FFB gain in ACC, the DD2 reaches 10,7 Nm of force peak. Then, I would like to know how much percent of ACC gain I must put for the wheel have to reach only 8 Nm and not 10,7 Nm, because I think that the real GT3 cars reach 7 or 8 Nm and not 10,7 Nm. Sorry for my bad English. :p

PD: Other problem that we have is that the real GT3 cars have power steering, and I think that the ACC doesn't simulate this thing, so we can simulate the max torque peak but I don't know if we can simulate the real steering force (with power steering) maintaining the same 8 Nm of max torque peak.

11. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Use rule of three for this easy calculation.

35% equals 10.7Nm
    x% equals 8Nm

12. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

Okay, I was dubting if the rule of three would be the correct operation jeje Yeah, the result is 26,16 %, so I have set 26 % in the ACC gain. Thank you. I hope we'll solve now the power steering problem... :D

13. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

But what you forgot to consider is the mass and diameter of your rim.
    This influences of course the torque you have to apply.

14. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

In my opinion is more important the influence of the power steering (I'm quite sure that a power steering can variates a lot the strenght of the steering wheel forces) than the influence of the mass and diameter of the rim. I don't understand exactly what you mean, because 8 Nm is enough force to invalidate any mass or diameter of our rims I think... But anyway, the diameter and mass of my rim is similar to a real racing car rim also...

PD: I don't mean the torque that I have to apply but the maximum torque force that reaches a real GT3 car, even if my arm is a piece of paper. :D

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  15. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

I didn't watch the video.
    But if they measure the torque in the real car at the rim, then you have to do the same. If you adjust the torque of the base at 8Nm and attach a rim for a truck, you need to apply much less torque than attaching a small F1 rim.

16. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

Obviously my rim is smilar to a race car not to a truck, jeje.

17. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

Talking with a friend, maybe we don't need more modifications because when we adjust the 8 Nm torque peak of a GT3 real car (with power steering) it means that we are already adjusting our wheel to a steering force with power steering...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019