1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Realistic Seat/View position

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by HomieFFM, Nov 17, 2019.

1. trutya

trutya Simracer

i'll check other views, i always drive in cockpit mode... only switch to bonet view when in pits, to see the pit box properly.

2. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Cockpit, dash and bonnet are all fast for me.

3. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

For me cockpit is very slow, in others it’s normal, I don’t usually use it tho even with FOV of 27 but it’s important for some to be able to move around of course, it has to be some sort of a bug

trutya likes this.
  4. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I look at this as the difference between perspective (what's visible) and scale (FOV), although different FOV also change what's visible, of course, but, to keep it simply, let me just call it like this.
    When the scale is closer to RL the perspective might be different, due to the size limitation of the monitor used.
    When the perspective is closer to RL the scale might be different, again due to the size limitation of the monitor used.

For those using a monitor, or a projector, that is capable to reproduce the RL size view, there aren't any issues, as it's simply a matter of adjust the driving position, just as in RL, because the view available already accommodate a 1:1 scale
    For others, that must live with the monitors that commonly are used, it will be a matter of either trying to accommodate the RL scale (if feasible for the monitor size in question) and, probably, still have to compromise the RL perspective, by adjusting the (in game) seat position; or try to use a closer to RL perspective, but using much different scale than RL.

I wouldn't say that a RL (or close to it) scale is better or worse than RL perspective, as the monitor constrains dictate that the majority can't have both, having to choose one or the other, or a compromise of the two, but, either way, the view (scale and perspective together) won't be anywhere close to RL.
    Personally, I find it more enjoyable, easier and more immersive, to preference a closer to RL scale than perspective, but others may very well think differently.

Here are two examples to show how I consider both options:
    Closer to RL perspective:

Closer to RL scale:

HomieFFM likes this.
  5. trutya

trutya Simracer

same for me

6. Maciej Malinowski

Thats not the FOV thread, its about the bug when while pushing button to look left or right camera moves super slow and it has nothing to do with the perspective, actually recently it went back to normal although I had that problem earlier, weird

7. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Racer

Actually this thread is about a realistic seat/view position.
    I don't know why suddenly everybody is talking about camera movement bugs? because that's not the topic. o_O

Meanwhile the FOV has something to do with a realistic seat/view position and @Luis Branco s post is a good one,
    we should distinguish between Real Life Perspective and Real Life Scale.

I would like to achieve an real life scale (although it limits the view, even with a 35'' monitor)
    If we could find out some cockpit measurements we could use this for a good set up.

For example:
    Real life size of the Display and the distance from the display to the Steering wheel could be used to make a very accurate imitation.
    But it's very hard to find any cockpit measurements at all. :(

8. Maciej Malinowski

Oh sorry, yeah after discussing that bug I forgot what was original thread and thought it was a thread about that bug , apologies

HomieFFM likes this.
  9. Maciej Malinowski

Yeah, so all the previous post here are still good to read if sb just came here ;)

HomieFFM likes this.
  10. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Racer

I was wondering what is going on xD no problem, thanks for explaining :D
    So everybody who has some good ideas, inspirations for seat/view position is welcome :)

I hope the devs implement some help to locate the eyeposition of the virtual driver in cockpitview (the one without driver and steeringwheel).
    Like a possible ''recenter to the eyes'' button or the thing that somebody mentioned with the virtual crosshairs from AC1.
    It would help so much to get a perfect result.

This view stuff can make such a big difference in terms of immersion, it's a big Simchanger.
    So I still have the hope that one day a wild Dev appears in this thread :D

Maciej Malinowski likes this.