1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. First things first: You can disable the ratings in single player mode for your buddy if you care about your stats. :)

Yes you can farm higher SA because there is no limit in single player like you can see here in this example:
    Even the KM/Trust ratio is not that high in my example like @Minolin stated. So just rise the AI difficulty and the ratio will be better.

2. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Strangely enough I always struggle to improve any rating whatsoever against the AI. In fact, whenever I race in SP my ratings goes down.

When 1.1 was released I tried the new cars in SP, always against the AI, because I’m not that keen of being alone in track, without the fuzz of having other cars around, and my ratings dropped massively.
    The path to rebuild them is being made exclusively in MP, as was before.
    The reason why I struggle with the AI is due to its erratic behaviour (that seems track dependant) that makes is quite difficult to predict (perhaps because I don't race in SP often enough, as I prefer MP) and, often incidents happens that are very difficult to avoid.

Even if many complain about MP I find it much it much more easier no navigate between the cars and for close racing is unbeatable.
    In SP I have a hard time in having a pace constant enough to improve my CN and the AI tendency to vary the speed in some corners simply avoids any CC improvement, and rhe SA also takes a tumble.

Dobermann92 likes this.
  3. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

I find multiplayer far more erratic than SP, the reason why you can farm in SP is because the AI easy to predict after a period. If you can follow closely behind an AI car constantly and overtake them for half an hour at 93% difficulty then you deserve an higher SA rating. SA rating drops in multiplayer because most people can't drive safety against real people

Piret2000 likes this.
  4. Piret2000

Piret2000 Racer

@Minolin Does the AI has a preset ELO and RC value? Or does it fluctuate like racing a real player?

If it fluctuates, if I race a 100 AI car and he loses 3 ELO points racing with me, does this new value gets updated to the AI of all the players? So everyone AI has the same ELO?

I'm asking cause I've heard that this is this way so the AI have the same ELO as a player as fast as them

5. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yes, roughly. We have a few hundred AI "identities" (based on skill and brakets of other categories), each one has it's own ELO which is updated. Has a few corner cases where I need to specifically take care, but in total the AI is doing a great job connecting players inside the RC system. Quite happy about it

6. Piret2000

Piret2000 Racer

Oh cool

7. Guys, any news from Kunos? type DLC, bug fix, etc ...?

8. Contradiction in itself? o_O

9. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Another software house had show this feature all around the www.
    And Kunos don't.
    I mean, i'm here from years, i'm a huge Kunos fan, but only now know this, which to me is a fabulous feature.
    Why no words about this?

It could be a (another) big big "pro" talking about ACC, and noone knows it.

10. F4celess

F4celess Gamer

Kunos be humble as always.

11. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

True, and I don't mean this in a positive way. I'm not a fan of overselling, but we really need to find better ways to make clear what we have.

In short - too busy doing the next thing too few people know about :D there are quite many efforts about explaining, and my person is possibly the (last) one everyone else is waiting for :-/

12. Dobermann92

Dobermann92 Racer

As a person above me asked, any news about a hotfix? Or the missing Spa liveries (including the Itasha ones, asking for a friend of course ;) )

Son, Captain Barracuda and Piret2000 like this.
  13. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Speaking about SA.
    Maybe it will be good to have here a topic called "SA Friends" where people can schedule join a wise SA server.
    Find a pilot with similar pace and try to keep close to him within your fast but safe and consistent rate.

14. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

yes my bad i meant less erratic:(

After_Midnight likes this.
  15. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Is it possible to tweak the AI not to rear end the player when the pass has been completed just before the breaking point? The software recognises the overtake ("clear on the left/right"), and this still occurs even if you brake deeper than you needed to when closing in on that same car in previous laps. I assume their is a 'battle mode' change in the AI's behaviour when passed or pushed which is great for challenging racing. Can this be adjusted to prioritise not rear ending a player who has completed a pass and moved over to the line cleanly, just before the braking zone?
    It is able to be worked around after discovering where the AI tend to do this per track and avoiding the legal and proper racecraft which leads to this. But, doing so is detrimental to the experience and creates an unrealistic racing environment along with huge frustration when a flawless session on a freshly attempted track is marred by this occurrence.

Piret2000 and tjr like this.
  16. Piret2000

Piret2000 Racer

Do you think this overtakes are fair? Or too much aggressive?

(This is against 95AI @ 100 aggression, I'm not even remotely that aggressive in MP)

17. F4celess

F4celess Gamer

Dives from way back always come with the risk of out-braking yourself and taking out the car you are diving. It is a valid overtake but not one I would be happy about IMO. A less aware driver would probably not give you the space at all like the AI does.

18. Piret2000

Piret2000 Racer

Yea, that's why I'll never overtake anyone in MP if before the start of the braking zone I'm not at least a quarter of my car sideways of theirs

19. Overtakes?

20. Piret2000

Piret2000 Racer

Y-Yes?