1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

SLI Support?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by LibranRabbit, Oct 24, 2019.

1. LibranRabbit

LibranRabbit Rookie

Will we see SLI support, for multiple Nvidia graphic cards, now that RTX is available?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars SLI Support Request Sep 25, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Oculus Rift CV1 SLI Support? May 26, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Sli - supported or not ? Feb 25, 2015
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Brake always on slightly. Jan 29, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Steer Lock slider goes to 1200 Jan 5, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Race pauses after rotating race wheel slightly on TS-XW. Jan 1, 2023
    Screens & Videos Sliding With BMW E34 M5 Jan 14, 2022
    Screens & Videos Sliding into 2020 | Drifting Cinematic Jan 3, 2022
    Bug reports Wet race, AI cars on slicks Dec 7, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Screenshots - DOF sliders not working [Resolved by restoring engine.ini] Dec 5, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Visual bug MC Laren 720S GT3 Jota [precision error slightly moving the suspension, also ALT+TAB) Jul 22, 2021
    ACC Physics Tire Pressure after 1.7.10 [No change to slicks and pressure sensitivity] Jun 4, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Overclocked GPU causing slight Issue May 7, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Screen freezes and stutter during slight contacts and incidents Apr 4, 2021
    ACC Gameplay [1.7.5]ENG message for "slicks are optimal" is too early Mar 4, 2021

3. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

I admit, 1080TI SLI is better than a rtx 2080ti....

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I looked into this to save some cheddar however everything I read was SLI is mainly dead and unsupported by a lot of games and has too many issues.. I don't know..

romandevision and Whitestar like this.
  5. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Racer

Does ACC supports SLI? The FPS is not even great on my RTX 2080 Ti...

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

What CPU do you have? Doesn't say in your signature..

7. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I'm all in favor of choice, but the truth is that both AMD and Nvidia are slowly dropping multi-GPU support for games.

8. BlivAK

BlivAK Gamer

For a title that supports triple screens, support for multiple GPUs should be a thing, I think.

FourOnTheFloor and Laserbeak43 like this.
  9. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Racer

I'd like to have true confirmation that SLI is supported in ACC... I can't find anything online. I'd like to have amazing FPS in VR and everything cranked to high (at least). Did anyone tried SLI and noticed a huge boost in performance?

10. Wergilius

Wergilius Simracer

With triples support I got AC today, running 1080TI SLI, OC & WC.

Not tested "everything", it seems that SLI is not working as one could expect (looks like early rF2), high GPU usage and little gain.

This is monitoring in-game, and in menus: 96-99% GPU load
    (7680x1440, high, scaling 80%, fps 75-80, single player)

upload_2019-10-28_2-3-3.png

26 minutes to go before refund, so suggestions welcome :)

11. Wergilius

Wergilius Simracer

AFAIK SLI is not supported in any VR title.

RedCzar777 likes this.
  12. Vunnible

Vunnible Racer

Works for me - forcing AFR 2 in nVidia control panel. It's the only way I can get 'smooth' 60fps at 4K with all max settings (using a TV). In standard configuration one of the cards is in idle as mentioned, and requires several gfx settings to be turned down.

I say 'smooth' because it still dips below 60 occasionally (pits, lots of AI, etc.), so my preferred setup is to run Vsync (fast) with either shadows reduced to high or volumetric fog turned off; all other settings maxed. This puts me consistently in the 80-120 fps range, which keeps Vsync happy - no tearing and smooth framerate. Frametimes stay between 10-12 ms, rarely changing more than 1 ms at a time.

Hard to say if this means it's 'officially' supported since I do have to force AFR2, but it works, so...

FourOnTheFloor likes this.
  13. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Isn’t it generally up to Nvidia to make an SLI profile for any game? Not sure what the devs could do other then to push Nvidia to do it.

I think SLI has frame timing issues which wouldn’t make it suitable for VR unless it’s something that’s specifically written for VR SLI but don’t think anything but Nvidia’s funhouse exists

14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I am confused. How can twin 2080 ti paired with a 9900k dip below 60 FPS at 4K? There are some users here running tripple 1440p on single 2080 & 2080ti at medium/high graphics reporting 55-70 fps for 20-25 Ai..

When you say you run "all max" settings does that include screen percentage at 200%? If so that would be taxing your GPU's at 8k which is equivalent to 32m pixels.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  15. Vunnible

Vunnible Racer

Resolution at 100%. It'll run 200% (8K) on mid settings but only 45 fps. Doesn't look much better surprisingly.

What you're saying actually sounds about right, based on benchmarked multi-GPU scaling for games/sims that aren't specifically supported, but do scale anyway (like ACC):
    - At 100% resolution (4K) on the 'mid' preset, fps average is 120.
    - At 100% resolution (4K) on the 'high' preset, fps average is 90.
    - At 120% resolution (4.6K...) on the 'high' preset - with a few on epic (AA, car LOD, textures and materials, mirrors) - it'll run a steady 70 fps. Triple 1440 = 4.3K.

I've tested different settings combinations extensively; my best answer is that there is a massive difference between mid/high settings and epic settings for this game on this engine, in terms of GPU load, for whatever reason. I'm not a programmer. I've heard many say lack of optimization is to blame.

I'm open to any suggestions to improve GPU scaling... but based on my experience and reports from others (such as yours), the #'s seem about right. Multi-GPU doesn't scale well except for a select few titles, but it does scale. Somewhere between 10-40% depending on a **** ton of variables. Unless I'm way off, I appear to be scaling about 30-40% over a single GPU; rough estimate of course. I'm also guessing the FPS #'s you reported for triple screen users do dip below 55-70 occasionally, if not quite often.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  16. Vunnible

Vunnible Racer

Correcting my brain fart... Triple 1440 does not = 4.3k... Thanks to everyone who read that and decided not to replay rather than tear into me.

2560x1440x3 = 11.3MM pixels. 4K = 3840x2160 = 8.3MM pixels. I'll have to run mine at 132% resolution to see if I'm faring any better than 55-70 on medium/high for a 1:1 comparison, and see if the epic settings draw it down exponentially as expected. SLI scaling may be closer to 10-20% than 20-30%. Will update later, after some sleep...

17. Wergilius

Wergilius Simracer

I have the impression that SLI scaling is something the developer need to either adapt to or collaborate with Nvidia for example.

Compare to rF2, around 2017 the scaling was really bad, as default only one GPU was used, later when the community tested out compability bits for SLI it got much better, today you can run it on default all zero's, i.e there is no new profile available, the game just support it better.

As seen on my post above, all time, in the menus, on track or in traffic, the GPU load is 2x98%, and the result not impressive. For now I'll wait, hopefully SLI support will get better. Running mid/low and scaling 75% just to get 85 fps and 2x98% GPU load does not make sense. Would probably better of running one card.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  18. Vunnible

Vunnible Racer

I agree the cost for performance gain doesn’t make the most economic sense. In my case I had one shot at the ultimate gaming pc I’ve wanted since I was a kid, about 20 years ago...
    However if you control the bank transactions, being married means your dream pc better come in one box and not two, even if the second one is ‘just’ a video card (a crazy $1,300 one no less) and didn’t arrive until a year later. If you’re married you’ll understand; if you’re not I sound like a lunatic.

You did mis-quote me a bit though, to be fair. I can run ACC at ‘epic’ across the board on a 4K tv with a rare dip below 60 FPS. I (surprisingly) could not do that with just one card, even with the other physically removed from the PC. I’m just sharing my particular case so others can decide for themselves. I may be the exception. I’ve actually found that ACC looks better at 120-130% resolution with a mix of high and epic settings at which the FPS is stable at 90 in any situation. I certainly can’t explain that, but whatever. It is what it is.

Again, my particular buy scenario is pretty unorthodox, so yes, i agree in practically any other situation it’s a bit of a paltry return on investment at the moment for ACC, to say the least...

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  19. tezpez

tezpez Rookie

Would love to see SLI support too - any chance we could get someone from the dev team to answer this question?

20. Nvidia Geforce Graphics driver 419.35 WHQL

Version : 419.35 WHQL
    Release Date : 2019.3.5

Full Release Notes :
    us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/419.35/41...op-release-notes.pdf

DriverVer = 03/01/2019, 25.21.14.1935
    WHQL Cert. & signed from March 1rst, 2019

Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases, including Virtual Reality games. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.

Game Ready
    Provides the optimal gaming experience for Apex Legends, Devil May Cry 5, and Tom Clancy’s The Division II

Gaming Technology
    Includes support for three new G-SYNC compatible monitors

Existing Support
    This release supports the following APIs :

Open Computing Language (OpenCLTM software) 1.2 for NVIDIA® KeplerTM and later GPUs
    OpenGL® 4.6
    Vulkan® 1.1
    DirectX 11
    DirectX 12 (Windows 10)

What’s New in Version 419.35 WHQL

3D Vision Profiles :

Added or updated the following 3D Vision profiles :
    •Devil May Cry 5 - Not Recommended
    •Total War: Three Kingdoms - Fair

Software Module Versions :

•nView - 149.34
    •HD Audio Driver - 1.3.38.13
    •NVIDIA PhysX System Software - 9.19.0218
    •GeForce Experience - 3.17.0.126
    •CUDA - 10.1

New Features :

Added support for CUDA 10.1
    NVIDIA Control PanelUpdated to version 8.1.951.0.

Application SLI Profiles :

Added or updated the following SLI profiles :

•Anthem
    •Apex Legends
    •Assetto Corsa Competizione - AFR enabled for Turing GPUs
    •Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 - AFR enabled for Turing GPUs
    •Far Cry New Dawn
    •Life is strange Season 2 - AFR enabled for Turing GPUs
    •NBA 2K19 - AFR enabled for Turing GPUs
    •Space Hulk Tactics - AFR enabled for Turing GPU

Nick Moxley likes this.
  21. Vunnible

Vunnible Racer

Nice!!! So I assume I can take mine off AFR2 now...

Wait a sec, that’s what I get for skipping over details; just saw the version and date. Mine works well on AFR2 but one card stays way low on usage when I’m using “nvidia recommended.” With AFR2 they’re both in the 90’s and perform significantly better.