1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I can't keep up with myself

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MrBungle, Dec 8, 2019.

1. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

I'll keep it brief, I qualified 5th at Barcelona 100% AI strength 90% Aggression top of my head I got a 1:45.9 made a clear error if about 3 tenths so I have more pace, the problem is when I go into the race I can't keep up with my Q performance (obviously) my laptimes are low 1:46's in race trim and the AI are leaving me for dust! Any suggestions other than qualify worse than I can perform?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards "Penalties Served" stat keeps going up Jan 15, 2024
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec DD2 problem, game keeps loosing settings Oct 25, 2023
    ACC Physics Porsche CUP keeps bouncing Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Physics Porsche 992 GT3 keeps bouncing Apr 25, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues I keep getting kicked from races Apr 13, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues ACC keeps crashing non stop Nov 4, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox Series S - keep getting kicked from GPortal. Sep 17, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Keep getting Fatal Error [faulty RAM] Sep 12, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Why does my game keep crashing mid race? [Fanatec driver memory leak] Sep 1, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Keep getting disconnected Mid Race Aug 31, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Help! Steam keeps reverting to version 1.8.14 [drive fault] Jul 5, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC keeps crashing. posting latest log May 15, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC keeps crashing after playing for some time (45+) min May 10, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Game keeps disconnecting from Server after being idle May 10, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to revert the update and keep playing in old gen? Feb 23, 2022

3. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

It affects things quite a lot because you basically can't have a good race when you qualify (approx) at your pace. If I had qualified 15th with that time I assume that would be fine and I could race the field around me, it's as if the game expects me to be faster than my Quali pace in the race! also do AI tyres need warming? because they seem to be much more grippy in the early stages.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

You do not mention fuel loads, weather and track grip levels for the race compared to qualifying. This would help..

Nectaria Coutayar likes this.
  5. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

30 min race around 50 L of fuel, track grip is on optimum for all sessions, should that matter, surely I should be as fast as the grip is the same for all.

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Do you expect to be on par with your qualy times with 50 litres of fuel? Did you also note the wind direction and strength..? It all plays a part when we are talking about a few tenths..

7. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Nope, I expect the AI to be slower just like I am. I don't think you get my post, quick synopsis, AI are to fast with heavy fuel loads.

Epistolarius likes this.
  8. kro

kro Simracer

I'm pretty sure the AI use the same set up in q as race ,in other words they don't have/use custom Q sets ..so their pace in Q is there race pace ..
    You might need to turn them down a bit if there leaving you in the dust ..:D

9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

oh OK I did not understand that this is an Ai query from your OP..

10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I believe they use the safe preset setup from memory.

kro likes this.
  11. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Do they have fuel loads? Because if I turn them down I'll probably qualify 1st then just be under pressure, racing against the AI is really cool but I don't want to start in a position that isn't near my pace, it's hard to improve like that, when I Quali in fifth I'd expect I'm on pace with the cars around me, if the case is that they run at qualifying pace, I'll probably have to turn off fuel consumption to have a realistic race.

12. Dobermann92

Dobermann92 Racer

During races you can't always use the best possible line if you have to defend your position or if you want to attack. Also making one fast qualifying lap is easier than to do it consistently during a race.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  13. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

You could quali with race fuel I guess to help a bit. The real record is under 1.44 though so they should be faster than you in quali and race @100%.
    If your running a quick race you could just set your own grid position. I'd suggest trying 95% and starting around 10th with those times if you want close racing. If you want to improve your driver ratings start at the back on low 90s but hang back a little for the first lap while they spread out or you'll pass half the field near the start.
    And break check them well before any braking zones or they all become Nigel Mansels when passed, a bit like city commuters here in Australia.

14. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

I appreciate the reply, I don't care if I run dead last I just want my qualifying position to be relative to my my speed in the race, I'm not interested in running at 95% I'm interested at running 100% don't care if that makes me battle for 18th, and eventually being good enough to win on 100% would be the goal here, but what's happening is, I'm placing to high in qualifying, then I'm out of my depth in the race, if I start from the back I can cut through the field somewhat until I get to my level but it's an immersion killer I want to battle for 30 mins over one position like the real guys sometimes do! personally from the replies I have had it must be a bug because the advice I'm getting is stuff like turn down the AI qualify with fuel (best suggestion so far as it looks like this is the main problem) however something isn't right imo.

Max Doubt likes this.
  15. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

It's not this, I'm just dropping away pushing hard in the low 1:46 id expect that to be a good race pace IF my 5th in Quali was a high 1:45.

16. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

I don't need to win, man I'm having real trouble articulating the issue, I want Q pace to put me in a position where I deserved to be, i should have placed around 12-13th judging by my race pace but was 5th its not a one off, I re-run and have the same kind of results the AI needs to be faster in Q sessions than race because obviously the race pace is slower for the human (me(I hope))

17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

18. Doc3d

Doc3d Racer

I’m having the same kind of issues, not specifically at Barcelona but in general, if I try to set the pace for where I aim to qualify, the race pace is totally different.. so if I for example set the AI so I can place 1st if I get a really good lap, the AI will completely smoke me in the race, not like challenge me, but run 1-2 seconds faster, so there is no way I can keep up.
    The only solution seems to be to dumb down the AI significantly, but that sort of defeats the purpose of qualifying, and makes it really hard to find the right level for the AI, so I agree with the OP that there seem to be a mismatch in the Q vs R behavior of the AI and this really breaks the immersion

zef vans and MrBungle like this.
  19. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

You have been quite clear and valid, just offering some ideas for how to best use what's there.

20. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Are you running a low fuel quali setup? That might be the difference allready, I guess AI will run with the default value of around 60l of fuel and the same setup as in the race. If you follow this you should end up where you belong.

21. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Yes I am, wouldn't that be the case irl? If not then really race Fuel should be calculated automatically for Q and R sessions to stop cheating.

It does surprise me that most people are more than happy with a work around, on here it's almost like a work around is a fix.

Not having a go, I just think it's unusual.