1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.2

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Team DTO, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Team DTO

Team DTO Gamer

Thank you for the update Kunos, the AI is much improved. I'm in the middle of a 3 hour endurance race right now and the only issues I have is, the players car has excessive tire wear towards the end of stint compared to the AI cars. Also there is no way to turn off tire wear in the game. It would also be nice to pause the game and adjust the pit menu instead of adjusting settings on the fly.

Cote Dazur and earlyapex like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Hange/freeze on selecting Drive after update 1.10.1 Apr 5, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting RealtimeCarUpdate.Heading/Yaw removed from ACC Broadcast UDP in favor of WorldPosZ/Elevation? Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 4, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Dedicated Server Not Working After Update Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Update the button layout options for controllers. Mar 3, 2024
    ACC Gameplay AI unable to do pitsops properly and generally worse since GT2 update Feb 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Errors starting the game after update Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    ACC Gameplay New Update Jan 25, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Single player championship bug after 1.9.6 update Jan 24, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Update 1.9.7 now Jan 24, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New update now Jan 8, 2024

3. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

How many more things would u like to be turned off and done during game pause?

4. Team DTO

Team DTO Gamer

Similar game settings that Rfactor 2 has would be nice. Also being able to adjust AI difficulty during a race would make it easier to find that sweet spot track to track, not to easy but not too hard to keep up with the AI.

5. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

The higher tyre wear vs AI is setup and driving dependent. You need to work on your race setup to improve tyre wear across a full length stint and ensure you're not driving too aggressively on them. It takes a while to get the hang of what works in a race setup but once you do it's rewarding

Team DTO likes this.
  6. Team DTO

Team DTO Gamer

Thanks for the reply. I take the same racing line and speed as the AI cars and I am using the safe set-up, with only changes to the brake bias and traction control. In Rfactor 2 I leave tire wear on and only adjust brake bias and traction control and I don't have tire wear problems at the end of my stints. If I used this game only for 10 lap sprint races it would be fine, but it's supposed to simulate endurance races up to 24 hours. Tire wear needs to be optimized in a future update.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  7. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Thank you for your comments.
    We are not rFactor2, but the official simulator of the Blancpain GT3 series. Data on tyre performance and wear are based on official support by Pirelli.
    ACC has enormous depth to explore and understand, so I believe it you can find great satisfaction and gratification by digging more into the simulation and understanding the mechanics, instead of proposing that it needs more optimisation in future update because of some superficial comparison to another title that you may or may not have more experience on, may or may not using the same kind of tyres and cars and may or may not simulating the exact same series with the same tyres and cars.

We are here to support you in your experience, the community is also extremely helpful, so feel free to ask anything you need to improve your driving experience.

8. I think he's asking how to disable Tyre consumption. Because he cannot manage it. I think he can disable it in realism menu.

@Team DTO honestly BB and TC of course influenced your tire wear. And anyway your request is not legit without any video showing what you do.
    I don't want to say anything b4 I see you driving.
    But one thing can be said. This sim has at least a different name. Probably a different set of tires. So...

you didn't specify anything. your psi? your temp? lol ask 4 help b4 ask for "optimization".

9. trutya

trutya Simracer

you should make your pit strategy before the race and then just adjust the tyre pressures / tyre selection in the fly
    but usually you have enough time to do it in a long straight or in the pitlane.
    (in case of an online endurance race, you also can't pause the game, better you learn it, will make you better driver ;) )

10. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

I was discussing this with my son the other day. It would be great if I could be his Pit Crew and adjust pressures etc while he is driving. For that to work well I need access to the pit settings outside of the sim. Maybe using a shared memory model of some sort?

Turk likes this.
  11. DHMoto

DHMoto Gamer

I think there are two different points of view here: 1) people working to become better looking for options that will help them focus on getting better and 2) racers who either are already capable or just appreciate the additional procedural challenge - as in the challenge of having to sort out pit strategies prior to the race or on the fly down a longer straight or the pit lane. (Also let me state that I am only referring to the paused game adjustment option - nothing to do with tire wear in RF2. Please don't beat me, Aris). I certainly can appreciate the case for the purist in category #2. I for one fall in to category #1 and have found myself in a race only to realize that I don't have a wet pit strategy set up in my loaded preset for that specific car at that specific track. I certainly could spend the time to set up a preset complete with pit strategies for every car in every weather condition, at every track, but I probably won't. I could also spend a few minutes prior to each race making sure I have everything all set up just right (and I do try to do so), but sometimes I find myself bouncing off the pit wall as I try to change my tire set up and adjust pressures with my eyes off of the road while being driven thru by AI on their way to their pit box; losing places all the while. Long way to say it would be nice to be able to access the pit strategy in a paused state. I know some might think that's all part of the realism, but it's really not. Tires, fuel load, driver change, are all managed by the team in the pit, not the driver. I don't mind having to be both the driver and engineer, it just can be hard to be both in the middle of the race.

12. Team DTO

Team DTO Gamer

Fair enough reply. I don't know how you guys code these sims, way over my head, but at difficulty setting only at 90, I can't see how I am pushing the car so hard to wear the tires so severely. I use the safe set up and set the traction control from 6 to 7. Brake bias is set to 61-62%. How am I getting tire wear induced over steer with these settings? If any tire wear is being caused by my set up, shouldn't I be getting some under steer late into my stint?

13. can't you show a video? can't you tell us your psi and temp? conditions? track?

14. In my league, we do races 75' duration without changing the tires... And it's difficult but ok...

15. Team DTO

Team DTO Gamer

I don't have time today to make a video. I'm currently racing at Monza, clear conditions, Dynamic Weather off. I have already posted my set up. I use the safe set up with only minor changes to TC, 6 to 7, ABS, 6-7 and BB 61-62%. These are very minor changes to the base set up, and I don't think should be causing severe tire wear, 40-50 minutes into my stint. At a game difficulty set only at 90, I can keep up with the front runners up until late in the stint. Then I start to lose 3 seconds per lap due to tire wear.

16. Team DTO

Team DTO Gamer

Thanks for the reply, but I'm referring to tire wear in relation to player vs. AI. I can see tire wear being less of an issue racing online since the physics are the same for all drivers.

17. Aristotelis

You’re not getting severe tyre wear oversteer at 40-50 minute race.
    You get a light car that raises your ride height. This cars are extremely sensible in ride height and this is simulated properly. So after all this race you get some te wear of course a much lighter car that of course react differently especially to turn in and throttle application and a higher car that changes the balance of the car.
    All said and done the fact that you’re racing in safe setup also shows that you’re still learning the cars and you’re caught by surprise by the dynamic change of their behavior. It’s part of the great trip and experience.
    Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. any any

any any Gamer

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM... Thats it :)

I think it´s easy.... ACC is not RF2.. and this is good :)

19. Aristotelis

rF2 is rF2. I’m quite sure it wears tyres too but also has the option to not wear them. We always wear them without option to disable wear except in hotlap. Maybe the OP was used to run without tyre consumption

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MonzterPixel and any any like this.
  20. Team DTO

Team DTO Gamer

OK, thanks for the replies. I guess I need a little bit more practice.

21. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

Very dificult for me to raise SA. I'm pretty clean slow driver but on single player is not raising and in multiplayer not going beyond 52