1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Cars: Pros and Cons

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Rioku, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Rioku

Rioku Racer

No.

Just a quick guide for those that doesn´t understand too much of cars or just arrived to this awesome world.

Rabbitsensei and Salvatore Amato like this.
  2. James P

James P Simracer

So I run a Mercedes AMG GT3 in a league so am quite familiar with it. From my experience with probably 50 odd hours driving and setting up the thing for league racing this is what I have found out.

Pros:
    • Excellent acceleration thanks to the mammoth torque the engine provides
    • Has both exceptional braking performance and is very stable when trail braking.
    • Brilliant performance in medium to high speed corners due to good downforce.
    • Very predictable and fast in wet conditions
    • Fairly quick and stable out of the box.

Cons:
    • Appalling traction out of slow corners due to it's big torque output
    • Extremely thirsty car with one of the highest fuel consumptions on the grid.
    • Due to the big V8 up front the car does like to understeer a lot in slow corners.
    • Getting the best out of the car setup wise takes time to master.

It has been very fun learning about the AMG, its setup quirks and car behaviour. It is a car which you can be pretty quick in, but to be right on the pace you really need to work on setup. The car has a massive tendency to understeer at slow speed thanks to that big engine up front and so I have found my setups are all about making the car as pointy as possible, then dialling it back to be raceable. You have to run it pretty stiff at the rear to get the mid corner rotation needed to eradicate the undesteer, however that tends to bring the lack of traction to the forefront. The car is massively thirsty and you have to run heavier to compensate compared to say the Ferrari and Lamborghini.

Tracks that are less bumpy are better and also tracks which possess lots of faster corners, where the high downforce it produces thanks to it's efficient diffuser can be exploited. In gear acceleration 2nd and 3rd gear corners is almost class leading I would say (2nd behind the Aston really) and only at really high speeds does it start to slow down (compared to Lambo and Audi which just keep on going).

One thing I have noticed is it has excellent braking performance. To help rotate the car into the apex and negate the understeer I run a pretty aggressive rearward BB. The only reason I can do that is because of the cars stability when trail braking, You can really lean on the front end and apply a fair bit of steering lock whilst releasing the brake pressure. Overall it is a pretty balanced car which has a few horrible flaws but they are counteracted by some great advantages too.

Coanda and Renato Araujo like this.
  3. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

I would like to hear peoples thoughts on the Aston as I'm really trying to get to grips with it and I do not see a lot of people talk about it. I find it feels like it has lots of understeer say compared to the Merc/Lexus/BMW yet I'm just as fast or faster in it. I find with the Aston that you really have to roll the speed through the corners before getting on the gas or your off into the weeds as that is where the front wants to go.

4. dave967

dave967 Racer

Aston Martin, the only car you can still hear 10 car lengths back...& that's about how far back I leave them in my Amg..lol

5. isma_c_r

isma_c_r Gamer

Actually I love this car because it's very easy to place it in the corners, it moves a lot, it's nervous, but at the same time is well settled down.

For me it' s a good all rounder. maybe not particularly good in circuits such as silverstone but very interesting in circuits such as misano or zolder. At least this is the impression I have

6. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

Nissan Nismo GTR3

Pros:
    • A great balance between a very stable and surprisingly agile car.
    • Provides very good front-end feeling about what the car is doing, resulting in good confidence when driving it. It gives to me the best feedback of all the cars.
    • Decent acceleration and good top speed.
    • Very good braking.
    • Responds as expected to setup changes.
    • Nice engine power/torque delivery curve.
    • Can drive over curbs with confidence.
    Cons:
    • Looses much more speed when coasting compared to other cars.
    • Not sure due to engine or gearing, this car has some kind of very short low gearing. Going down to 1st gear will result in losing to much speed compared to other cars. A bit less but also on 2nd gear. This requires to use 1 gear higher on some slow corners compared to other cars.
    • Kind of a high center of gravity, the car tends to rotate too much, so requires a bit harder/slower suspension.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  7. Rioku

Rioku Racer

Updated first post, thanks!

|BAD| DavE likes this.
  8. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Wonderful thread and posts, this kind of experience exchange is what communities need, thank you all.
    Just keep in mind though, that what you are describing are your personal opinion of how the cars handle and are obviously limited to your own driving style. So don't always take the traits of the cars as the absolute truth.

9. dave967

dave967 Racer

Yes kunos did a great job with the range of variances with the different manufacturers but what happened to the honda, I have yet to see anyone scoring fast laps with that car, and there are only a few guys use them. They are not even close to being in the fight.

10. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

It has the same BoP ingame like it had in real life during 2018. The problem is that the car only took part in one race during the 2018 Blancpain GT series, so the data was quite limited to create a proper BoP. Furthermore the car was entered only in the Pro-Am class, which made it even harder to Bop it against the other cars. The NSX Evo for 2019 should be much more competitive tho.

Tim Meuris and Coanda like this.
  11. Rioku

Rioku Racer

By the way guys, i feel much easier driving same cars in ACC than in AC.

For instance, when you are in the second part of a curve and you start adding throttle, i can be much more agressive in ACC than in AC, always talking of the same car.

Do you have same feeling?

Coanda likes this.
  12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Absolutely.. :cool:

ACC is superior..

13. Rioku

Rioku Racer

Can someone say something about Jaguar V8 to add to first post?

14. dave967

dave967 Racer

The jag is fast but its an ugly machine. When the game went live it was my car of choice. I rarely see anyone else using the car anymore. I moved on from it to the AMG because it was closest to my second favorite car in AC, the zed 4. My first favorite car in Ac was the vette.

15. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

It’s funny, on paper we should all be getting bored of the cars in ACC because - compared to other sims - there aren’t that many and they’re all in the same class, BOPed effectively so that they’re all similar in pace.

but we’re not bored. In fact, I suspect many feel like I do in that they pick only one car and stick with it for a period of time, really getting to know it well. I spent a couple of months with the Ferrari and am now an Aston driver for the last few weeks. Sure I’ve tried the others, but it seems like it would take years for me to really try them all and get tired of them.

I think it’s down to the level of modeling of each individual car. They’re so well done and have such different characteristics from each other that you find yourself exploring and appreciating them all more and more.

sorry for the early morning ramble. I’m just so in love with this damn sim, it’s near perfection for me

16. hey! You used my comment for Ferrari :oops:.
    I'm crying. thank you!

popo87 likes this.
  17. I agree with you totally. Feel the same.
    And that's why track dlc are more then just new tracks.

18. X_Racer01

X_Racer01 Racer

I love the Lexus ! Nobody's love this car ?

Fr0zzen likes this.
  19. dave967

dave967 Racer

Ive owned a few lexus cars, suv’s, one them had 7 recalls.. i’ll take the Amg over a lexus in real life and in the game..

20. X_Racer01

X_Racer01 Racer

Ok ...
    I'm talking about the game not about your real life experience

Psit likes this.