1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Cars: Pros and Cons

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Rioku, Oct 1, 2019.

1. icemanzp

icemanzp Simracer

AMG fuel consumptions is weird. Almost impossible to make one hour stint in Monza on one tank at full throttle

2. dave967

dave967 Racer

I mentioned the game in my statement. But either way when I’m racing online I see more Amg’s Lambo’s Porsche’s, then the lexus, and the reason why is only a few folks like the lexus and you say you love ❤️ it. Most of the Servers online that i race on, the Amg’s the Lambo’s and the Porche’s are frequently in the top 5 of almost every race..that should tell you something about which cars have the most potential!!

3. X_Racer01

X_Racer01 Racer

Yes but the thread is cars pros and cons not which car are in the front..
    It's not because we always have the same cars on multi servers that the others are not competitive ...
    many take porsche audi and aston because as you say they are often taken and often in mind.

4. dave967

dave967 Racer

I would never profess to know what folks are thinking when they decide to choose a car. That's something no one can know but the driver himself. I'm just speaking from my experiences. The cars that I mentioned are great cars and so are the others, there's a difference between good cars and preferred cars...

X_Racer01 likes this.
  5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Monza is a high fuel usage circuit, 70% of the lap is full throttle, massive long straights, very stop start. A 6.0L NA V8 doesn’t sound like an engine that would give particularly good gas mileage... The AMG GT3 has a 120L fuel tank, that’s not a massive amount of gas. Maybe some lift and coast is in order.

6. Nesja

Nesja Racer

I would drive Lexus, but when inside the car 1/3rd of my left side is blocked by the way their car is built. Every left turn the view is compromised.

Serge M likes this.
  7. X_Racer01

X_Racer01 Racer

I run with Lexus 90% or Time and i don't see that i'm playing un vr ...
    I will bé carefull thé next time

8. dave967

dave967 Racer

9. X_Racer01

X_Racer01 Racer

10. icemanzp

icemanzp Simracer

well, as my friend from AKKA said, Mercedes in Monza can make 1h 15min stint on the 1st engine map. So 1 hour race shouldn't be a problem for it, but not in ACC. :(

11. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

^ It probably can with some lift and coast and taking full advantage of the draft from other cars. The Porsche 911.1 won't make the hour mark if you don't fuel save (aggressive setup) but can comfortably be extended over the hour with lift and coast in the right places. Another skill for you to work on as a driver. Maybe Kunos should come up with a fuel saving challenge for one of the special events next season.

trutya, Mogster and Jacobs like this.
  12. Mach77

Mach77 Racer

here's my review for the NSX Evo:

clearly the car has a better pace than the original one. it's still slower by around 1 second, but the car is now way more competitive. it's a high mid-pack racer (you can easily achieve the top 10 on a 30 car grid). on agressive setup, the car has some big on throttle understeer. the reason: too much camber. it sits at around -4° at the front and -3.6° ar the rear. reducing them to get around -3.5°at the front and -3.0° at the rear reduces significantly the on throttle understeer.
    the NSX Evo is a really stable car and teaches you how to drive a mid engine car. it teaches you to me really smooth. it has a good amount of grip if you treat it gently. you can push it a bit, but not too much or the rear will snap out. it's very forgiving.
    BUT, there's a bad side: the downshift around 3rd gear. it has a slight shift lock from 4th to 3rd which is even more pronounced from 3rd to 2nd gear. make sure that you brake in a straight line otherwise you'll lose the rear

pros:
    -better pace than the 2018 one. high mid-pack racer
    -nice custom skins
    -very forgiving for a MR car
    -the inside downshift sound <3
    -teaches you on how to be smooth with a MR car

cons:
    -big on throttle understeer out of the box
    -quite hard to setup and to get rid of some understeer
    -shift lock while downshifting from 4th to 2nd gear
    -still around 1 second off pace
    -need to apply throttle really early to gain some boost at corner exit
    -avoid dropping under 4500-5000 rpm as much as possible. or you'll be out of the turbo boost range

13. Mogster

Mogster Alien

That would be good. There’s more to sim racing than balls out hotlapping.

14. dave967

dave967 Racer

Yeah, there's more to a sim then racing against bots. Nothing beats competing against a live unpredictable person...

15. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

Fuel map 2 offers roughly the same performance (5hp less) at a drastically lower fuel rate. You guys should look into that. ;)

16. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Use ECU map during the stint, default Map is qualy, you Can make some laps in ECU 2 and make the 1h.

17. Rioku

Rioku Racer

Bentley is totally OP

18. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Bit bored counting the minutes to the DLC so I’ll bite... what do you base this on?

19. Mach77

Mach77 Racer

the Jaguar XK G3 is really fast despite sliding easily. on 2019 trim/BoP it's a very good contestant but barely used.
    on the other hand, the Gallardo R-EX has a very bad default setup. with a good setup, it is 2-3 seconds off pace only. it also slides easily but it's an enjoyable car(apart for Mike Nobel who can lap Brands at 1:24 on that car. aliens :p )

20. Laky Tom

Laky Tom Rookie

Its been my most used car and the only car I can get decent times with. Like 35.0 on Misano, 25.0s on Brands or high 48s on Monza. Theyre not great times ofcourse (Im not great or very experienced), but with other cars Im a full second behind on average. I think its the fact I suck at corners / braking , but the Jag saves me because its a straight line rocket.

Ive been trying to get into the Mcclaren because I want to drive something that doesnt destroy tyres as quick in longer races, but the only tracks Im faster with it compared to the Jag (by about 0.5 seconds) is Spa (2:19.5) and Hungaroring (1:45.1), Im still faster with the Jag everywhere else.

I tried all the cars but they all seem harder to drive and require driving style adjustments, Jag is simply "turn in, then floor it on exit", not much to it. Other cars require a bit more precision and thought I think.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020