1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing Driving Views

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Diablo_rf, Apr 8, 2019.

?

What type of camera view are you using?

1. Interior

92.5%
  2. Exterior

3.6%
  3. I use both, depending of the situation

3.9%
  1. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

Option 2 is the dash cam so 0,0,0 is in front of the dash as it should. I use cockpit view (option 1) and with movement set to 0 it doesn't move. This doesn't mean that your head is fixed to the car, the structure will have very small movements but your head will have no inertia.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    HomieFFM likes this.
  2. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Racer

Thank you, that makes sense.
    So in other words it's not possible to disable this very small structure movement? Even it's very small I think it's distracting x) in AC1 the head is fixed to the car if I'm not wrong

3. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

I'll have a look next time I play and I'll report back but it might be impossible

HomieFFM likes this.
  4. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Racer

01.jpg

Documents/ Assetto Corsa Competizione / Config / CameraSettings.json

general Movement set to ''0'' solves it.

Cheers

5. I take the opportunity of this post to ask how can I change my FOV. if I go into the gamne for each view the FOV is always gray, not selectable.

Is there some issue?

Thanks

6. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

Are you sure about that? other things are blacked out on some views but FOV should be on

7. I don't know why, but I can see the FOV unavailable and fix to 54 in the first cockpit view. On the other cockpit view it's 43 and it's always unselectable

8. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

You're using triple screens. In that case the FOV gets calculated automatically from the screen width and distance parameters you put in the view settings.

9. Thanks DuckeyTapey, I coupé Imagine something like that

10. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

@HomieFFM
    Actually cockpit view is just a close approximation and sometimes adjusted for gameplay purposes, for the exact eye position of the virtual driver you need to check the helmet cam at 0, 0, 0 offsets.

HomieFFM likes this.
  11. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

No need to edit the json, just go in the View Settings from the Pause menu and set Movement to 0. Dashcam Factor is a multiplier of the Movement setting specifically for the dashcam.

To have everything static, set LWW, Lock to Horizon and Movement to 0.

If you've been messing with the json file, it's better to just delete it altogether and start from scratch.

HomieFFM likes this.
  12. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Racer

Thank you so much for the answer!

So there are 3 cockpit views:
    1. Dashboardview
    2. Driver View
    3. Helmet cam

So option 2. Driver view, everything set to 0 should be not the exact eye position.

But with option 3. Helmet cam this should be the right one, if I understand you correctly. So there I use the correct FOV and set everything else to 0.

Is it also possible in that view to set the movement to 0 and disable driver and steering wheel and change the pitch of the view?

I want to test this so bad right now, but I'm on holiday vacation.

Merry Christmas everybody :)

13. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

I think the suggestion is to use the zeroed helmet cam as reference and match the cockpit cam to that manually.

14. Stains

Stains Simracer

I really want to have the car move around a bit while my head stays still, I do t want any G Force movement under brakes and acceleration but want the car to bounce a bit over curbs and such. Is this possible? ATM all I seem to be able to have is car movement but with G Force movement aswell.

15. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Racer

Just an idea: a view setting option "driver eye" for those people who don't want a compromise/gameplay purpose view.
    Maybe as an addition to the distance and height options.

That way we wouldn't have to use any referencepoints/helmet cam anymore and the guessing game would be over :)

Would be a nice step in terms of realism.

grandepunto likes this.
  16. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

After reading this thread I started fiddling around with height settings. The standard setting does feel too high indeed but when you lower 'the seat' terrain details seem to loose their ... detail and corners become way harder to anticipate on correctly. My laptimes were considerably slower. Is this just my distorted perception of reality or did the devs implement a standard higher seating position to get a more realistic perception of the view?

17. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Racer

Are you using the correct FOV setting? Because I would start with that.
    Then you put distance, height to zero.
    Then enable visual steering wheel, now use that as an reference point, change the pitch until your steering wheel matches the in-game one on the top side (for butterfly type steering wheel put it at first in a 90 degree position)
    Now you can change the height, but always in combination with the pitch.

But if you have distance and height at 0, you are already close to realistic.
    Like the dev said in a post above, it's not 100% a realistic position, only in helmet cam view you will end up at eye position.
    The other driver view is a compromise for easy driving.

That's why a "driver eye" point would be nice in the other view options, for those who want to drive more realistic/ more challenging :)

Baggerbob and Tim Meuris like this.
  18. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Racer

I use the dashcam view and modify the Pitch and/or Distance to have something which looks like the Dirt Rally 2.0 dashcam.
    With a single screen it is a good view which allows you to see correctly the track in my opinion.

Below an example with the Audi R8

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  19. dave967

dave967 Racer

In the Amg i use the hood view, because i don't like the cockpit layout. In the 720 i use the helmet view because i like its cockpit layout. Any other cars i use the hood view all the time. I don't sim race for immersion, i sim race to compete. I own an 800 hp supercharged Mustang, I get plenty of immersion from it.

Cristian Haba and kro like this.
  20. Used cockpit cam as a kid for many earlier racing titles from arcade up.

But in my experience the VR/cockpit/hood/nose cam(s) are the key to immersion, consistant lap times, and accuracy.

Ideally having headtracking, surround displays, VR, or a form of spotter (in-game or 3rd party) improves situational awareness and immersion.

Only use external cams for replays, screenshots, benchmarks, and such in sims.

Games like SpinTires, GTA, Forza Horizon, etc I still use external.

To each their own.