1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER 1.2 - Competition Server changes

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Nov 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Stop reading the forums, take some time off mate :D

The CP system is going great places, I'm sure most of the people posting in this thread (including myself) understand these are just teething issues of a brand new system, and appreciate the progress.

Edit: ermagerd it's back
    CP.jpg

LukFry likes this.
  2. antigurner

antigurner Rookie

I got reset to the pits from the starting grid in yesterdays CP server (45min race, no mandatory stop).
    Do you have to start the race with the same setup/tyres/fuel as qually? I changed all three so guessing I broke a rule somewhere.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  3. manu68

manu68 Gamer

I was on the server 4 yesterday at the nurburgring.
    At the exception of the first 2 laps , when some drivers allow themselves some crazy driving and think they will win a 1h race at this moment, and after being ejected from the track, I had with some nice guys a very fair a nice battle at the back, where my qualification pace send me. I started 21 (if i remember well) and finished about 13 (again if i remember well).
    Racing pace was 1:59
    I was number 907, AMG orange and green.

My CP is zero at the moment , my ELO 1790. SA 77 5 (I went from SA 73 to SA 77 in two races)

From my own point , except maybe some really quickest guys at the front, the registration system is really well done.
    I have made so far two races, and both times it was interesting and fair racing, with racers of my level.

f.e.negroni and david m like this.
  4. david m

david m Racer

adding also my experience,just did 3 CP races since new format. All 3 were fabulous, 2 of them in split 2/4 and another in 1/4. my cp rating didnt update and only one of the races appear in rating graphs.hope is solved soon.

anyway this update is fantastic and you can see it when we are seeing full 4 splits each day in each slot,and some drivers having to stay out of this CP races because the 4 servers are full. where it will end who knows, but for the moment is looking very good and hope this new format keep getting love from devs ;)

f.e.negroni likes this.
  5. Captain Barracuda

I'm guessing it's just the Euro CP server getting multiple splits and full grids? I have access to the US servers and numbers aren't as strong. The racing in them has been clean though so I recommend anyone who can access the US ones to jump on and have a run :)

david m and eracerhead like this.
  6. Mach77

Mach77 Racer

wierdly enough, I looked at my CP rating. before I looked at it, it was at 48. didn't updated after the 2nd new CP race system(I did 4-5 races in total since the update). and now, my CP rating has drastically droppend down from 48 to a merely 2. I don't understand

7. david m

david m Racer

Hi , not sure if you have seen this, is written in first topic with all the other info .
    The problem was that servers were full, but as you can read next time you try to join your options to be accepted are increased.
    good luck!

8. KZAQ666

KZAQ666 Gamer

Is the server split system working as intended? A few times now I've been on a server where the leader was about 1s faster per lap than anyone else. And just now the leader lapped everyone but the podium in 45 min! Seems kinda lonely. Maybe the "Pace"-rating should be taken into account as well?

9. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

I think this stuff is pretty bugged ATM. But it seems very popular maybe it's the holiday or maybe this is the "competizione" people have been asking for...

I had one good race, once I could not get in (full?), one decent race.

* If you have a sign-up 5 mins in advance you can only tell people it's full when the race starts. This is not such a good system.

* The CP rating is a bit nonsense/bugged ATM and this also affects splits so you get in wrong splits. Mine suddenly went from 35 to 8 without any reason and then I was put in a split with people who were on average quite a bit slower / crashy-er.

I hope there is some progress in the next few months in improving this because on the whole this is definitely going in the right direction (the bye-bye iracing one).

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Ive still never seen a CP server and live in the same city as you. :rolleyes: Running our Singapore server yesterday for a couple hours and only had 1 other join for 15 minutes.

I think our region has mostly given up on public servers already. I was one of the biggest supporters of trying to encourage good standard open servers but have no tools available to do this here. I have also given up on the idea now, even if we get something it likely will be too late to get many back.

Top it off the only servers that allow race rules and ping limits in a public server are CP servers we have no access to. Public servers are massively limited for who knows what reason so we cant do more even if we wanted to and create something worth joining for people in our region.

Open the server browser in this region and nothing there is positive, quick join (pointless IMHO anyway as you cant set your own server limits) gets you into 300+ latency servers at who knows what rating leveps . CP shows no servers and the lobby list is filled with 300+ unrated servers.

The filters do nothing and dont promote people to use better servers in their region.

11. Captain Barracuda

The US CP server is still working for me, just did a 45 min wet race at PR with a good clean run in a field of 15. :D I'm gonna look through my logs for the CP server IP address so a bunch of us Aussies who can/can't see the US CP server can run some ping tests, gather some data and see if we can't convince Minolin to improve its availability to Australia.

12. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I've just updated the front post with this:

Additionally there are a few tweaks and fixes deployed, but no worries. If everything goes well you shouldn't notice - except for the CP Rating change.

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Whats your actual ping once in the server?

Wolf WolfZ likes this.
  14. Captain Barracuda

The HUD app hovers 190ms to 200ms. That seems consistent in the 5 or 6 CP races I've done. I was unable to ping the server directly outside of ACC though.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  15. m_i_k_

m_i_k_ Rookie

I think something is wrong. My CP was 57 before 1.2 and didn't get updated last weeks although I did 4 or 5 races
    Yesterday dropped to 19, and I know other drivers that drop their CP rating. I did one race yesterday and I won! But this morning my CP dropped to 0, it's a nonsense, while other drivers of my team went to more than 60 in their CP

Also please could you say if splits are still broken? I think don't match drivers with same level or based in rating and still one driver get message "full registration try later" and he tried in 3 different races

16. Alter

Alter Rookie

@Minolin Hello, I would like to ask a question, regarding making CP servers "qureyable" or "available" for api calls. Like general info about the event/race. Is that possible or would it be possible in the future? Thanks
    P.S. My apologies if this question has been asked before.

17. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

@Minolin
    i've had a problem during the registration phase.

I'm registered for tonight Hungaroring 1h race, when the countdown comes to 0:0 the UI box switched to a green window with the message "AGGIORNA PERFAVORE" ("UPDATE PLEASE").
    I've clicked the "update datas" button, but nothing, Always the green box with the same message.
    After several try, i'm come back to the acc's main menu and then again in the multiplayer window. But in this way i can only see the red box with the message "REGISTRAZIONI PIENE, PREGO RIPROVARE PIU' TARDI" ("registration full, please retry later")
    So my ACC evening is ****ed now.
    Also, 90 mins test before the race, ****ed.

Is this a known issue?
    Is there some workaround, obviously for the future, to avoid situations like that?

To be honest, is very frustrating this.
    Once i've had time to run a serious race without the onen server's noobs/trolls, the system don't work...

kingkabong likes this.
  18. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

i was on CP 34 and today on CP 0, even i won yesterday and the day before i finished second. Now i got rejected 2 times, maybe because of this value. Also im worried, why i stuck at server 3 with my values and my mates with lower cp (rest of rating are quite similar) getting server 1 or 2. The arrangement of the players wont work atm, it seems.

19. manu68

manu68 Gamer

when refresh appears, you need to come back and immediately enter multiplayer again. Then join the server.
    Press "refresh" do nothing

20. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

That's what i've done. After 4, 5 click to refresh, i'm come back and re-enter in multiplayer. But this don't worked for me