1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Cutter's Karma? (video)

Discussion in 'ACC Screenshots & Videos' started by SOLID FARRELL, Dec 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. To the point, I had an unpleasant interaction with an individual within the last few days (to no one's surprise) that left me a bit confused and discouraged.
    (I have since disabled chat during races)

I joined a random lobby which was starting a race at Spa that I assume resulted in a few clients including myself returning to the pit on green?
    Anyway, Crew Chief is reporting a client's impressive lap times over the course of a few laps and finally I cross paths with said client during a yellow/green/white/blue flag condition - so I move over and let the car behind pass in case the rejoining car did not trigger blue.

Sometime later my name is being spammed in chat followed by insults, etc. claiming I was to blame for damaging a car and people like me shouldn't be allowed online, etc. leading to me throwing the race to question what I had done to deserve such harsh comments
    (not shared without proof)

Maybe the guy just had a bad day... who knows.
    Does not warrant an attack.

This video is some footage of the driver's line leading up to the above mentioned incident.

Track limits or exploit?

Was he served a dose of cutter's karma or am I to blame for the driver's fate?

Thanks,
    Share some cutter's karma!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  2. Nesja

Nesja Racer

He barely touched you.
    His crash is just a Lambo thing. It works fine and suddenly it kills you. Just Lambo things.

Btw, he isn't cutting. In race conditions you can get away with those track limits.
    In real life they allow far more.

SOLID FARRELL likes this.
  3. Left it to question since such info is usually hard to find.
    Personally, I try to keep it on the track as much as possible.

This is some quick research:

BLANCPAIN GT SERIES
    2018 Sporting Regulations (118)
    2019 Sporting Regulations (33.10)

118./33.10 Drivers must use the track at all times.
    The white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not. A driver will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with the track. Should a car leave the track for any reason the driver may rejoin.
    However, this may only be done when it is safe to do so and without gaining any advantage.

Drivers consistently crossing the white lines defining the edge of the circuit, whether or not they gain an advantage, will be stopped during the free practices, have their lap time(s) cancelled during qualifying and may receive a “drive through”, during the race. The Stewards of the Meeting can apply any other penalty available.

At the absolute discretion of the Race Director, a driver may be given the opportunity to give back the whole of any advantage he gained by leaving the track.
    Notifications will be for the car, not the driver.

4. Nesja

Nesja Racer

Check out this awesome video.

2Lame2Aime, Si. and SOLID FARRELL like this.
  5. Thats what I have seen as well and used a similar line in the past with F1 titles.

Safer line for sure considering how much that area upsets the car.
    Been reading things did or are going to get strict at Spa when it comes to track limits.

6. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Having trouble understanding this sentence,...

"The white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not. A driver will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with the track."

So,... with two wheels over the white line, and two remaining inside the white line, that means that,... some part of the car remains in contact with the track.

And,... "the kerbs are not",... part of the track ?
    PS: I actually get that part, as the white line is always on the flat part of the track.

7. Contact patch or tires being the part as you guessed.
    So you can use a kerb long as a tire is within the lines per the reg.

8. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Looking at that video, it looked like Nicki was using the white line as something to point the center of the car.

9. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

You could learn a lot from his driving, him ranting at you was no doubt in frustration at making a minor mistake with big consequences. That tap although annoying does not justify it.

10. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Agreed that was just a light touch, but driving all four wheels over the white line, is not something to learn from.

11. dave967

dave967 Racer

Yeah i had a run in with that “ Hildago “ guy, he’s a problem child. I was leading a race at spa on a public server, and I had 7 second lead on the 2nd place car with about 3 laps to go. All the sudden he comes outta the pits after just joining the server and he’s right behind me. Right away i could see he was faster then me. I run low 2:19’s at spa and he’s a mid 2:18 car. He starts running up on me like he’s testing me to see i will flinch and maybe wreck but i didn't. I gave him plenty of times to pass me and just leave me with his speed but he refused to. After about 2 laps he starts getting even more aggressive but he still wont pass me. The last lap comes around and after eau rogue he decides to pass me in that chicane. he’s about one quarter of a car length away from completing the pass then he slows and there is no room for both of us, one of has to go, so to preserve my win i took the liberty & tapped him out of the picture and went on to win the race .. guy was a real jerk, thinking he had the right to mess with me because he was faster. He had no chance to win being laps down. Not even 2 days later he came into my own server to race spa. He didn’t know it was my server. I told him no more bs like the other day or your banned. He quickly left..put that guy on your **** list.

12. I normally learn from actual race footage which in this case would be a similar line. The line is not new to me as I too have used it before but try to avoid it unless other drivers are near (safety) and stick to the regulations.
    Becomes a 'to each their own' thing.

So light I wasn't aware we made contact.
    I kept asking if he confused me with someone else.

Two-in is a rule I try to practice unless I can dig up regulations that state otherwise.

Maybe the left white line outside the kerb is the limits? Even then at around 1m25s of the video he may have left the track.

Wonder if ACC's Spa limits will be updated to comply with the latest, specifically applying to that section of the track.

It comes as part of a continuing trend of the FIA clamping down on drivers trying to take a straightline approach at the top of Eau Rouge, leading to a detection loop being installed to help police track limits.

A lap time achieved during any practice session or the race by leaving the track and cutting behind the apex of Turn 4, as judged by the detection loop in this location, will be invalidated by the stewards.

13. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Just dont give credits to in game chat.:cool:

14. Confused what this implies.
    If you are implying I share our interaction, I couldn't find a chat history/log file, etc. and replays don't show chat that I am aware.

If you guys know where chat is stored please share.

15. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I let the sim dictate to me what is acceptable as Kunos has put a lot of time and effort into track limits. I don't cut but I have seen instances where the same degree of cut may or may not produce a warning/penalty depending on what preceded it or time gained. Seems to work very well generally.

Eau rouge can be taken flat consistently without cutting so unless he is running less rear wing than he otherwise would I don't see any great benefit, and if he is (running less rear wing) then that has it's own price to pay in the twisty bits.
    Other than that he is clearly a fast capable driver albeit with a bad attitude.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  16. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

When you use the term "cut", does that mean 2 wheels past the white line, or 4 wheels past the white line, like Nicki does through Eau rouge ?

That video of his, showed him and others having 2 wheels over, a number of times at different parts of Spa.

I have noticed that the ACC code is making judgment calls on with a warning or penalty or simply void a lap time, not sure how the decision is made though.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  17. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

When I say cut I mean 4 wheels over the line.

18. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

The 4 wheels over at this point is terrible. I hate drivers doing that. Why would you want to make a beautiful corner a straight line? If your into that, perhaps concidder a dragerace sim . Would love it if tracklimmits on Spa would be upgraded to a stricter limit. 3 wheels over white line = out in my book.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  19. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

@Winston,... agreed.

And @Guido,... agree on all points, including 3 wheels over should be considered a cut, especially if only one car in the corner .

But this topic is not all that simple, do we consider 3/4 wheels over on the outside exiting a corner always a cut, or only if a gain is made, and somehow proven to, plus,... a single car going through a corner must be looked at completely different than 2 cars side by side in a corner.

It does appear that the ACC code is taking some of this into account in SP, not sure about MP, but have not seen any docs to clarify.

20. moneypizzle

moneypizzle Racer

What white line are we talking about here? :D
    I believe that even Quali allows 4 tires over the other white line, and you see all the aliens taking that line.
    Also Hidalgo is a good guy... constantly looking to push himself and analysing aliens for the perfect lap + sharing setup knowledge and eventhough I don't condone insults at anytime... I can't imagine him doing that.[​IMG]

Attached Files: