1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Driving Technique Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Karsten Beoulve, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

I'll enjoy your help along with all the other people's in here; btw i'm running the NSX evo with 62 liters on, no clue what times i could do with empty tank; i was usggested to focus on hotstints and not on single laps heroics to improve myself.

I'll watch it with as soon as i can watch with some calm

exited22 likes this.
  2. Is there a clipping meter somewhere in this game? I couldn't see one.
    Thanks. :)

3. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

If you mean FFB clipping, yes there is, in the pedals display.

4. OK thanks. I will look closer next time.

5. At which conditions did you do that? Hotlap mode? Temperatur? Optimum track?

6. Some Dude

Some Dude Rookie

Hello Guys iam Tired of be a Backmarker.
    So i search someone who can Help me getting better.
    For example Monza Time is about 1:53 instead under 1:50 and Nürnburgring 2:04
    So if somone can help me PM me =)
    Mostly i have time late on the day after 21:00 because of Kids etc. but not every day.
    Iam german so just you know.

See ya =)

7. Hi mate,
    I know your feelings and not only because I'm a German too :)
    I'm not able to teaching you but I would give you some advises.
    If you're that far off the "standard" track times I suppose you'll need more track time and track knowledge.
    Practise means anything here.

And don't try too hard to to beat times of much faster guys at the beginning. Stay at yourself, stay focused on doing your own laps.
    Practise for yourself at the track until you get some kind of routine for it. Make use of single player instead of trying to beat the online aliens.

Also don't change the cars too much. Of course try them all out. If you find one you feel comfortable with, stick to it. Yet.

I know I'll repaet myself and it sounds like a phrase:
    Practise means anything here.

And stay patiently.
    German sayings:
    "Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen." oder " Übung macht den Meister."
    This might be sounds old'ish. But it's still full of truth.

Good luck :)

8. Rabbitsensei

Rabbitsensei Racer

Hi, im the opposite of a pro, just started playing a few days ago. But maybe we can practice together as noobs and learn something ;)
    If youre intrested you can add me in steam @Rabbitsensei
    Im also from germany.

9. Burnleyhome

Burnleyhome Racer

I totally understand you.
    When I started I would be able to go from 20th to around 16th racing against AI at 88%.
    I'm now racing up to 10th from 20th with AI at 93%. Couple tracks, I am as fast as 2nd place, just can't get there on a 30 min stint.

The above is over about 6 months, but I play 10 hrs a week and a slow learner.
    I found a car that I liked the engine sound of since you're going to be hearing it for a long time. For me, this was the Audi.

Since I started to spin on alot of corners, advice given was twofold:
    1 - going into the corner too fast
    2 - braking or accelerating before the apex

I then started to do Hotlaps on a track and keep doing them to get braking points consistent.
    Reason for hotlaps is that I don't have to worry about tire wear, or damaging them if I spin.
    I also watched some youtube of people gong round the track (even in different cars) to find their racing lines, braking points, and the min cornering speed they do.
    From this, I would adjust my lines to be closer to theirs and move their braking points back abit.
    I'd use replays to make sure I was similar min cornering speed and used the whole track

I would also race against the AI being careful not to push too much to spin and see what level I could beat.
    The Ai (at my 92% rating) don't use all the track, so this means that I 'should' be able to close up on them.
    Main part I liked about this was:
    1 - racing is fun an rewarding when you overtake
    2 - learn to drive around a corner when I can't see since there is a car infront of me
    3 - learn not to push too much since the car is getting closer and then spin
    4 - learn not to attempt an overtake when there is a minimal gap (I use 100% aggressive. At 50% they move out of your way and don't race around corners with you).

From this, I can now go into an online race and be towards the back, but not at the back.
    Worst thing I still do is get excited I'm closing and spin from too much throttle or too little brake on a low speed chicane.

Last thing..
    Motec is your friend. I'm a nerd though.

From US, so good luck. Hopefully I'll get a chance to race against you on a weekend.

10. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Slow lap times won't make you that much of a backmarker unless you're in a really consistent field. If you are consistently 3 secs slower than the top guy at Monza, you won't get lapped before lap 37 and that won't happen in a 1-hour race. In the end you beat those who quit, those who make big mistakes and those who are slower than you; I bet you'll be around 20th spot at worst in a 30 car field most of the time. Consistency is key and you get it by practicing as After_Midnight said. And speed does improve over time if you're consistent.

11. Hey Guys,

I'm also german. I think maybe i can help you to become better, late in the evening is also fine and i have my own dedicated server, so everything we need for practising.
    Do you have discord? Please send me a PM when you are interested, i will send you the data to a discord (something like teamspeak) server of a friend, so we can talk to each other.

And because of Motec: Yes, Motec can help you to improve the last tenth/seconds, but if you are seconds slower, than you make some generall errors.

Best Regards
    Daniel

For example: I drive in Monza a 1:48,xxx or even better, at Nürburgring at least 1.54 (not sure exactly, but in that range) and so on....

ignission and Some Dude like this.
  12. Shooter80

Shooter80 Racer

13. Firmi

Firmi Gamer

Burnleyhome pretty much nailed it + all the sites and links given here should help too. It's important not to compare yourself too much against the others (and especially the aliens). It's easy to see that you are x seconds slower, but it's easier to forget that you are also x² seconds faster than many others ;) Try to practice as much as you can, try to read some stuff about how the cars work and try to use that information while driving.
    Most importantly: Pick a car you like and that you feel comfortable with! Changing between different cars and between different style of cars (where the engine sits) should not be underestimated.
    Last but not least: Don't fiddle on the car's setup too much for the start. Focus on how the car is behaving, your driving style, racing line and consistency. The setups given by the game are pretty solid mostly.

ignission likes this.
  14. Some Dude

Some Dude Rookie

S0 i like to say Thank you to everybody!
    I am <25 Years old and only drive the a car when i use the Sim.
    So it is not that easy to drive without expierence real Forces which may help to understand better what a car feels like.
    I will read the Websites and also watch Mino´s Videos.
    For me the best way to learn something new is to try it, so i also try myself on Hotlaps.
    Thank you guys!

ignission likes this.
  15. Turk

Turk Alien

It's not always about being as fast as possible either.

I take week long breaks from the sim, Christmas break was my first time back in a month. In my first two online races I finished 3rd, not because I was fast but because I didn't crash. I started 18th and 8th in those races.

The more time you can spend on track the better, but make sure you learn how to drive well or your practice will be for nothing. It would probably be handy to have a post with good educational videos in it stuck to the top of the forum. There's some real good ones out there and some specific to ACC too.

Do long stints too, put on an AI race that's an hour long and I guarantee you better lap times by the time the race is over. You won't get better doing 10 laps at a time.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  16. Some Dude

Some Dude Rookie

Yeah it also think so . That is on point on Online: there are only short races 10-20min long and iam happy when i go in and have 10 min Qualifing.
    I Also never Force Quit a race because it isn´t going well. I like to finish what i have started.

17. Turk

Turk Alien

That's a good place to start from.

There are longer online races of a half hour online. Change the settings for the quick join and it should be able to find you races that are 30 minutes. The quick join works well I find.

18. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Depending on how fluid you are in English, I'd also like to recommend Aris' ACC videos here: https://www.youtube.com/user/Aristotelis321/videos

I'm also still a few seconds off pace myself but could improve somewhat since ACC was released. What helped me was sticking to a car I like to drive (as others have said) and also sticking to a track at least as long as you're motivated to still run it. Maybe watch track guides or hotlaps for the track you're practising on Youtube to see what the ideal lines are, or use the ideal line in game to learn a track. A fast line is everything.

Tim Meuris and Turk like this.
  19. C#27

C#27 Gamer

Just another option I'd like to add. I can really recommend the book "Driving on the Edge: The Art and Science of Race Driving" by Michael Krumm.
    It may seem a little old fashioned with all the information available on the internet. But I find it quite difficult to find something that summarizes the topic as well as this book. I gained a lot of time but more importantly consistency with the help of it. So if you're willing to spend a little money this may be a good option as well.

Turk and Some Dude like this.