1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER 1.2 - Competition Server changes

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Nov 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I never had to leave the MP menu after the countdown finished, just wait a few seconds until I could join the server. So maybe the "refresh" message should just be replaced by a "wait a few seconds" message?

2. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Or maybe it just auto refreshes after that few required seconds wait with a join prompt

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Seems general ACC latency for our Australian users in our Singapore servers has improved in the latest builds. Before 1.2 we were getting guys from 80 to 200+ from Australia. We did a small mid season open fun run last night SA85 and the league regular Aussies were all 80 to 120 with the highest ping one ofour guys at 145. Possibly had some Europeans in also under 200ms only had to kick 1 guy with 320ms who was likely from South America which is the only region that should be over 250ms to Singapore with a good connection.

Numbers of our league guys is quite down over the Holiday break non official races, at SA85 its also a bit limiting but at least the racing from the visitors was mostly pretty good so it does its job.

Here are highlights from 2 races last night and my ping was 90ms all night from Melbourne to Singapore. Shows the general netcode is very raceable with all that were in the servers last night.

We have 3 ROOZ servers up hosted by Azure Singapore 24/7 though 1 may be a private test server atm.

Regionally this would be ideal for a global race server with decent pings for people racing eachother from Asia, Australia, North America and even Europe. ;)

Obviously netcode is a little better when using our own Australia based servers where all our users are around 10 to 80ms but as we dont even have access to any CP servers in this region. (Some here do somehow but Ive never seen it since ping limits were added)

4. @Minolin
    Did i understand that all the CP Ratings (and the values behind) are saved, even if i did not see it in my driver profile? i drive multiple races today and yesterday, none of them is visible in my profile.
    When are they updated?

Tobias Queck likes this.
  5. Shooter80

Shooter80 Racer

I'd buy that. A monthly fee to be certain that I'd never not get a slot in a CP race I wanted to join would be worth it. Could even throw in an extra car sticker, and perhaps eventually the ability to spectate races.

In the era of amazon prime, twitch subscriptions, premium member access to forums, dedicated server costs, youtube sponsors, patreon, paypal, netfix, spotify, iRacing, or the endless games where youths spend countless money on hats etc, I'd imagine there would be a lot of people willing to just subscribe to the service for small perks, or even just to show their support.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    GRFOCO, manu68 and Wolf WolfZ like this.
  6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The main problems with a subscription model is once extra money is charged the user base drops. This means likely the current setup would be sufficient within the regions that have it if its an extra fee as the already fairly low base will be lower.

Subscriptions would allow more servers in other regions, but I think its well known most of the biggest complainers are those that want Iracing free edition. :D Thats just not ever going to happen because if you made that service for free it would be very popular, but no dev will eat the costs and make a considerably loss just to be more popular and eventually go bust the more popular it gets. Thats never been a good business model and why nobody has ever done it. Sure a limited no cost system is doable in a small scale as in current CP servers, private groups/leagues and SRS. But large scale free online services dont happen unless funded in some way or by someone with very deep pockets.

There will surely be a few users keen to pay for a service but would it be enough to make the end service valuable enough to run and encourage others into it?

manu68 likes this.
  7. Shooter80

Shooter80 Racer

Indeed, I think it would be a terrible mistake to lock anything useful/essential away behind a paywall. I was just thinking more something that offered a few completely non-essential perks, priority when it comes to CP race slots is what would make it worth it to me (when I make time at night to be able to run a CP race, the last thing I want is to not get a slot), past that only really something extra in the liveries, or (for those who care) an extra tag in the forum would be realistic, nothing that would limit people who don't pay, or that would increase the competitiveness of the people who do (like advance weather, or random track selection knowledge).

If the money people paid for (to just make up a name) CP+ access, went back into the hosting of the CP servers, then that itself would reduce the chances of non-subscribers not getting a slot (since presumably more CP servers/splits being ran) and could increase the roll-out of servers to the non EU regions, helping the ACC/CP playerbase overall.

I've paid more in just twitch subscriptions over the last year, because someone I can't even remember randomly amused me while racing one night, than it cost to buy the whole of ACC during early access. The amount of money sim racing saves me in fuel costs in my road car, in lack of consumption of expensive luxuries (I'm in VR so can't eat, smoke, or drink while racing), or from spending more money doing less interesting things, its pretty much impossible for it ever to be a comparatively expensive pastime to me, and it would be nice to feel like I was giving something back.

EDIT: I can only imagine, especially in the context of what Aris was saying tonight in his stream regarding contracts etc when discussing translations, that things like this are something that is most certainly a lot more complex than someone on the outside could imagine, but its a nice thought at least.

Wolf WolfZ likes this.
  8. manu68

manu68 Gamer

I will personally quit CP races if it becomes some "pay per race" system.
    For the same reason, I never subscribed iracing.
    I understand that the studios needs ressources , and this is why I purchase games, DLC, mods, ….
    I am a premium member at racedepartment (10 € per year ). These guys are making a wonderful job. Also I could be ready for a small fee to support the kunos team providing nice CP servers. But it is a different philosophy as subscribing a special racing fee as iracing.

I get a place to race, perfect.
    I don't get a place to race. No problem. I practise offline or I spend some more time with my family.
    This is a game, not a drug.

Once again, I totally understand those who feels more involved as I am, and would like to have a "private pro simracingclub" as iracing.
    I have been involved A LOT in a grand prix legends league in the past. It is not for me anymore.

Piret2000 likes this.
  9. manu68

manu68 Gamer

This kind of system exists.
    It is Racedepartment.
    10€ per year to have access to a "private" forum and hundred of races every year on about all the available simulations, including assetto corsa competizione.
    Every premium members can enter races based after registration.

But it is not exactly the philosophy of CP servers.
    I like CPystem too, because you are always racing against new people .
    It is very spontaneous. I have time, I try to get a place on the grid and I race.
    On race department you have to register in advance, be here on time, etc... More structured, but more rigid in some instances.
    Both systems are great

10. Nox

Nox Racer

hmmmmm??:rolleyes:

11. Shooter80

Shooter80 Racer

I must have explained myself badly, a 'private' system isn't what I was suggesting. The cool thing about CP races is that everyone can take part, since that massively increases the player base, I'd never want that to change. But at the same time there is limited capacity at the moment, so if it was possible to pay a token amount a month for more capacity, and a bigger chance of getting a slot, I'd be in for that.

That said, its most likely a pointless discussion until its something that Kunos are officially considering, so I'll leave the subject alone, and leave this thread for discussing the current system/racing/ratings.

Indeed it is not, but if the wife is busy, I have 2 hours spare, and I jump on discord, jump in a channel with some of my racing buddies, jump in my rig, and then queue up a CP race, it would suck quite a bit if I ended up not getting a slot, since it might be a day or two (or three) until I get the chance again.

12. jt7166

jt7166 Rookie

CP server question. After qualifying is over is there a button you need to hit to enter the race? After Q I changed my setup and my car appeared to but sitting on the grid with the other cars. Then once the race started I got teleported back to the pit lane lan had to start from there. Did I miss a "go race" or "grid" button? I was sitting on the grid with the other cars so I thought I was good.

13. Shooter80

Shooter80 Racer

@jt7166 in the last 2o or 30 seconds of the 5minute countdown the 'DRIVE' button up the top left should enable (it starts disabled/greyed out) you need to press that during that time to actually start on the grid.

jt7166 and f.e.negroni like this.
  14. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I've just deployed an update that should
    - increase in general backend performance and responsivness
    - changes the CP distributions so there are no rejections until we really hit the hard limit of servers available. So far 55 drivers would have resulted in 2x25 splits, and 5 rejected. Now it would be 20, 18, 18.
    Personally I hate this change, as it reduces the quality for (in this 55 driver example) 50 users to not let 5 users state how everything is broken. But what should we do, we can only extrapolate opinions from here and project them over the amount of "CP race users".
    - simplification of the rejection mechanics; now we will simply drop the users with the lowest SA. So in the example of 80 drivers for 3 servers, we'll need to select 80 - 75 = 5 drivers that get rejected. If you end up as one of the 5 regularily, your SA is barely above the limit. Increase it to increase the chance to be in SA races.
    - simplification of the sorting into splits - now it's a 1 dimensional sorting by the CP Elo rating. This means we can still have race numbers mixed, but in general it should look like they are not, and the lowest race number in split 1 should be higher than the highest race number in split 2. Exceptions are if the CP rating is lower because it either faded away with time, or the buildup isn't complete yet. In both cases the Elo number is representing the relative strenght better, and should be used to group users.
    Again I hate those changes, they replace something better and more sophisticated with something that looks more straight forward.
    - exception for real drivers; in case they are tagged as such they should end up in the split where they belong, but never be rejected
    - fixed a bug in the determination of the first sunday in a month (which ironically only is valid for today, where the decision is made at the 31.12.2019 23:01 - 23:59, but fixed is fixed :D )

Additionally I've logged the hell out of the CP calculations during the last days, and cannot find anything "broken" or wrong here. In the race I've done now my own rating changed as it should (both Elo and CP), and I got my column in the Rating Profile. So if you spot something, please be precise what it is about and I can have a look.

Edit: In a side note, there are many reports about pitstops not counting as valid. If you discover this, please make sure to do a real report with logs; additionally it would be interesting if you can observe
    - if the radio msg "mandatory pitstop is now cleared" came
    - if your mandatory-pitstop-indicator is still on the yellow "1", or the green bar after the pitstop
    - if you stick with the yellow "1", how many others on the server have a green bar

Sadly we also have reports about that in SP, so it could be connected and nothing to quickly fix. In that case I'll tune down the chance for pitstops (to 0%) until we could fix it.

Nox, manu68, Tobias Queck and 4 others like this.
  15. Captain Barracuda

Not a wishlist I promise (as it's only 1 item so not technically a list :D)

Next client update can we have our global CP rank added in the driver rating page? At the moment there's no way to tell what it is until we enter a CP race and see our race number.

16. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I'm in Australia. What's a CP server? Do they have unicorns in them?

XettMan and martcerv like this.
  17. Captain Barracuda

Where abouts in Aus are you located Wally?

18. Neilski

Neilski Alien

I understand your dislike, but in the case of a 3-way split I personally think this is a good thing. Taking say 51 drivers and splitting them into 3x17 is relatively harmless and is better IMO than 25+25 and 1 rejection.
    I would agree though that if you only have 26 drivers then splitting into 2x13 is a much more noticeable reduction, and therefore is probably more harmful than just going with 1x25 and 1 rejection...

I guess that perception of this effect will be down to how many drivers you need around you for a server to feel busy, and that's gonna be partly a personal thing but also strongly linked to relative pace. When the pace is close, a close battle with only 2 or 3 other drivers can 100% dominate my attention so that it really doesn't matter if there are 50 other drivers on track or none at all.

azzah and Dewald Nel like this.
  19. Tobias Queck

Tobias Queck Racer

Thanks for your continuing updates. Unfortunately in my case not everything works as it should.
    The last race I did was on 30.12.2019 at 20:00 CET on Tier 1. My ingame driver name is "Tobias Queck".

When i went back into the game today (01.01.2020 12:30 CET) my ratings show the following issues I have sum up with comments in this album:

https://imgur.com/a/whmRDcI

I would appreciate if you could have a look at the database

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    Michael Springer likes this.
  20. manu68

manu68 Gamer

Thanks for the changes.
    Regarding the CP, I just can comfirm that my CP stays at zero.
    I have made so far two races, finished both races.
    My SA increased, but nothing regarding CP.
    I didn't check my ELO befor and after the races.

If it may help I could provided some more information and/or replays.

It may be my system.