1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Screenshots Beginners' Guide

Discussion in 'ACC Screenshots & Videos' started by phil, Dec 25, 2019.

1. phil

phil Alien

Hi everyone and merry Christmas . A small "trick" good to know before you start asking everywhere, why you don´t get the good result (like i´ve done) on your final screenshots.

Thanks to D.Jankovic for his help ;)

So what to use? F8 (default ACC screenshot key) or F12 (default STEAM screenshot key). Normally by instinct, you should want to use the F8 key. But at the moment F8 will not give you the best result.

So if you want to SAVE your best race moment, here is a small "guide" for beginner.

Let say, that you are watching you last race on a saved replay and you want to "eternalise" your best action on track.

1-If you want to use it during a replay:
    -"PAUSE" the replay.
    -Press F7 key first (free camera movement ), move with UP/DOWN/RIGHT/LEFT key to find, what is for you the best camera "angle".

2-Now "click" on the scroll mouse. The CINEMA HUD shows up. Here there is two setting "tab". CONTROLS & DEPTH OF FIELD (DOF). By default it will be the CONTROLS one.
    Here you can play with the FIELD OF VIEW options, by default set on 90 (i use 35 as a default value, in most of the case and after i use the direction keys UP/DOWN/RIGHT/LEFT).

Cinema HUD ACC_01.jpg

3-On the right you have the DOF option (DEPTH OF FIELD). Here is the way your talent will be shown on front using and mixing the different values.
    Cinema HUD ACC_02.jpg

4-Ok, so now you have your image "set" the way you want and ready to be "printed":
    -Click on the scroll mouse to close the CINEMA HUD window.
    -Click on PLAY for the replay if you want to have the "MOTION BLUR EFFECT" on your final screenshot (if not skip that step)
    -DON´T USE THE F8 key for the final result but F12 (STEAM DEFAULT SCREENSHOT KEY). It´s the way all visual game effects (MOTION BLUR specialy) will be applied. The F8 game key is not "optimal" at the moment (release 1.2). It will be fixed ASAP ;)
    -If for your screenshot you make it during a replay and the car moving, use (in the replay toolbar) the 5 sec backward option to leave the time the this toolbar to "hide". If not it will be visible on your final screenshot.
    Cinema HUD ACC_03.jpg

NOTE: you don´t have to stop the reply and using the CINEMA HUD option all the time to take a screenshot. But WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO is to use the F12 key AS MENTIONED above ;)

I hope it will help you if you are new with this game.

5- For static screenshot use F7 for FREE CAMERA movement + CLICK SCROLL MOUSE +UP/DOWN/RIGHT/LEFT and use F8 if you want. The result is fine (image below)
    20191228171750.png

PS: below are two examples between F8 and F12 result on a static image in game with a TRIPLE SCREEN setting 5760x1080. So for the best results use a simple screen default setting

F8:
    F8.jpg

F12:
    F12.jpg

@AC Support maybe this could be "sticky"

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - Dashcam screenshots Sep 4, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Will it get cross party not just cross play on consoles? Saturday at 3:02 PM
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Communicating with accServer.exe (previously acRemoteServerUDP) Mar 14, 2024
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Time of Day adjustment on AC Server Maker stuck at 8:00-18:00 even though I have full version ACCM Mar 2, 2024
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC on PC with Controller | Race Element /ps5 controller activate triggers Feb 28, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC will not recognise my Elgato steamdeck Feb 15, 2024
    Bug reports ACC Restrictor parameter Feb 7, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC Official Server higher requirement Jan 30, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC LEAGUE AUSTRALIA Jan 29, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC Time Trial Jan 24, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC me funciona mal Jan 17, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC Telemetry - timing gaps Jan 15, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Dedicated Server shows up in Lobby without ping value and cannot be accessed Jan 11, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals What's happened to ACC FFB Jan 3, 2024

3. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

From what i know and it has been reported on foruma by me also was that F8 camera does not give blur effects. Witch could be result of the photo above

4. phil

phil Alien

Title and first post edited .

Thanks to @D.Jankovic for your help ;)

D.Jankovic likes this.
  5. Awesome stuff!
    I was wanting this and didn't know it was a feature.
    The default cams are good for quick replays but THIS is a must for screenshots

By the way I had to use CTRL+F7 ?

6. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Let me just add some tricks i use :)
    Try to up your game resolution if your graphics card allows it for example i have 1080p monitor but my GPU can upscale to 4k
    or as you can see on Tino66`s screenshots even smaller resolution picture will result some amazing screenshots,now all depends what you aim for.

also most important thing for screenshots RESOLUTION SCALE 200%!!! (or put that on as much as your PC can handle it) so you dont have slide show while trying to take photos :)

Resolution scale is upping the details on objects
    Example bellow check the car lines,also biggest noticeable difference is fence much better detail witch results with better picture
    Scale 100%
    sLezhmH.jpg

Scale 200%
    5wWyoFh.jpg

And one thing i learned recently in video settings on bottom
    Exposure gain (gives some nice deep colours i like it)
    Image contrast (self explanatory)
    and new option Tone mapping.. play with those around. And you will get the best effect :) Have Fun

7. phil

phil Alien

Normaly F7 works.

8. Phil has clearly spent a lot of time tweaking, testing, and learning screenshot trickery within AC/ACC.

Below are the type of results Phil can produce.
    This was just a quick before/after using a predefined custom file.

Original

Before.png

Tweaked by Phil - PAUSED
    After.png

Tweaked by Phil - PLAYING
    After while playing.png

ignission and phil like this.
  9. FlakNine

FlakNine Gamer

Any idea if there are keyboard controls for:
    • Camera roll
    • Camera vertical height - I know we can achieve this by tilting the camera up or down then moving forwards, but dedicated altitude keys would be helpful

Roman Gaspar and phil like this.
  10. Yes it would be very useful if we could use the keyboard for the replay controls. In iRacing for example, I could use the keypad to plau/pause, fast forward, fast rewind, slow motion, next car/previous car, next camera/previous camera, etc. So it's easier to use and manipulate while capturing video or photo.

deni80s and phil like this.
  11. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Simracer

Had no idea about the cinematic HUD during replay :eek:
    Will definitely try this during the weekend.
    Thank you.

phil likes this.
  12. Stains

Stains Simracer

Where is default F8 screenshot location ?

13. phil

phil Alien

C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Screenshots

Stains likes this.
  14. Stains

Stains Simracer

Thank you :)

15. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

I´m having issues bringing up the Cinema HUD menu, it seems you only have once chance to do it. Further scroll mouse clicks do nothing.

16. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Make sure you are in F7 camera mode only in that camera you can open cinema hud

17. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

so you are ingame, press F7, move the camera, hide Cinema HUD after modifying, move back replay, F12 screenshot... and pressing F7 again will show Cinema HUD again to take another picture with different settings?

18. steevee

steevee Racer

those having issues with the cinema hud not coming up..... double click ya middle mouse button.... :)

19. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

Double?? ok let me check, thank you :)

steevee likes this.
  20. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

you are right, thanks a lot!

21. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT Racer

Is that how you got the extra motion blur in the comparison shots? Where can I find this "custom file" or is it a secret? :p