1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulPunkGTX

PaulPunkGTX Gamer

Thanks for the reply. No draft was involved and the cars felt totally different at times. But at the cooler track, my tires dropped off, whilst they didnt on the warmer track.

2. I've noticed this too. It happens in the Ferrari, Aston Martin and the new Porsche. More or less out of nothing. Sudden death'ish.
    It feels like suddenly the whole setup of the car is changed. After that moment there is also no stabilizing (come back or stay at a level) effect of the tires. It becomes just worser.

The strange thing here is this happens not always. More like a random event even under similar conditions.

BTW: Maybe some multi player interested guys want join a discussion about track medals here:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/about-track-medals.61879/

3. Flavus

Flavus Racer

@PaulPunkGTX You don't mention wind speed or direction and I am pretty sure it will affect braking distances and handling in corners. Maybe ask @Aristotelis .
    I am not really sure what the top wind speeds are either.

4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

To all a good New Year’s Eve, we call it Silvester here.
    See you all in 2020, have a good one all!

sid1965, swigaffu and After_Midnight like this.
  5. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

I wondering if there is a link here, I've been doing alot of testing with the ffb over the last few days, mainly as I really don't like what they have done to the feel of the cars I'm guessing via the tyres/chassic, but I've noticed something, I got my goto car Lambo Evo feeling the way I like it especially on the road feel and ffb, so started doing a few setups on other tracks and everything felt good, but then today on my last drive suddenly everything changed, for the worst, all the feeling went again the tightness, the sharpness and the responsiveness of the car, it just became like I had all damper settings on, spongy and just plain dull, and as you said like the whole setup had changed, nout to do with weather or even my wheel, I've had this a few times since 1.2, the only other way I can describe it is, I like 111hz not the new 333hz on the frequency for the wheel, purely because the horrible feel described above is what 333hz gives me, so I use 111hz as it's more sharp and more aggressive, there is just something not right anymore, and yes it's really random.

6. It's like you described it, somehow. But I don't change anything at my FFB settings for a while now. Also I don't think it's a specific tire, weather, wind etc. thing because it seems to affected just me when it happens. All other cars around me are staying in pace.
    It's weird. I hope someone can bring some light in it.

Happy New Year to all of you :)

7. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

anyone had some trouble with the tire pressure readings?
    i did some laps, drive into the pits and go into the setup menue.
    readings where here but the pressures...
    it says 29.9-30 (wet tires) but in the car on the track pressure was on the rear over 31,5 and front was even to high.
    did i miss something (?)

8. I think we've found a solution to handle the situation. And in my opinion a very good one:

Even if I hardly understand any of the Russian commentary :p

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  9. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

Congrats Kunos for reaching a new milestone. 3827 out of 4781 steam reviews are now positive, meaning there's now a 80.04% positive rating!

Ignacio Prieto, GCCRacer and LukFry like this.
  10. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

( dump) question: the tire pressure readings are the last value before i go into the menue or the last highest from the last lap?

11. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

from what i understand, the readings are taken on the pitbox

12. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

so they will be lower then when i drive normal on the track with racespeed (?).
    for what is it then usefull if i need to look at the tireapp while drivin and then adjust the pressure?
    a shown value how much it is to low/high would be very usefull to do this like in the Pro Tire App from AC.

13. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

I believe Aris mentioned that the tire app shows you flash readings from the outer tread, which vary frequently during a lap depending on the load through the tire tread. The readings you see in the pits are the core temps, which can be taken with a probe only when the car is stopped. These are the more pertinent readings, as they aren't subject to as much fluctuation.

For the most accurate readings, I'm assuming its best to actually enter the pitlane vs. esc'ing back to the garage from random points on the track each time. That way you are assured you're comparing apples to apples.

14. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

there will be lower than when you are scrubbing your tires in a corner, they are the realistic core temps taken by the race engineers in real life and they will be the average temp of your tyres when racing, as per Aris recomendation you drive in the pitlane and stop you dont brake mid corner and press ESC and return to pits to have good reliable temps.
    In ACC whe only have two tires, pirelli slicks and pirelli wets, so arround 27-28. if not sure take a look at the tireapp if the tire is "flat" or "overinflated"

Edit: Ninja'd by eracerhead

15. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

why are you talking now about temps? (i know, pressure and temps work together).
    but when i cant adjust +/- my pressure nothing will be anytime be correct.
    when pressure is so important and i cant adjust it correct (or near good) the complete setup process is senseless.
    i know ACC is more complicated and has much more variations that work together.
    but where to start then?

16. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

The tyre values can be read in garage.
    You can either enter the pit lane, stop and go to garage (recommended) or let them cool down a bit in track, stop and ESC to garage.

It’s advisable not to take any readings:
    1) after a spin or hard brake (i.e. immediately stop, ESC to garage and read the temps)
    2) and it’s also advisable to take the readings at the end of the lap (i.e. not stop in the middle of a lap to take readings).

Taking note for the above that:
    1) is relevant because the readings in garage are the last values before entering the garage, therefore if read after a spin, for instance, the values are the very last data for the conditions had and don’t show the readings in normal race conditions;
    2) it’s also relevant because the values change during a lap, depending of turns, braking, scrubbing and reading values in different parts of a lap are not consistent enough to make any good assessment about them to be used for adjustments.

For a more detailed insight about it I highly recommend seeing Aris videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOo3YiGzVthAR7piYqmUHAb-hCTwTHSn7

Seelenkrank likes this.
  17. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

ok, so going slow into the pits is a bad idea because the pressures drops.
    ok got it.
    will test again and hopefully got a better result
    thx! :)

18. Mogster

Mogster Alien

In real life you can’t take accurate on the fly tyre temp readings, even F1 teams can’t do it. You can get a vague idea of surface temps using IR but core temps are much more important and there’s just no way to measure them. What’s used is driver “feel”, witchcraft...

19. Another question :) What I'm doing wrong in my replay settings? Like you can see in my replay (right side) a lot of track side object are gone. Stuff like distance signs, cones and advertising.
    The replay quality is already set to Epic o_O

Thanks in advance :)

20. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

Yep it happens to me too. Same all replay configuration set to epic.

After_Midnight likes this.