1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Hi. My posts were deleted.

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Ferrari488GT3, Jan 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ferrari488GT3

Ferrari488GT3 Rookie

Hi. I recently asked about lock threads. I wondered why they were locked so much.
    Also, I asked in other post about DLC. What was coming and when it was coming maybe.
    I received message in my inbox that my posts now were deleted.
    Why is this? It seems maybe this ACC site is like a kind of cult? Strange things. Can someone explain please?

Epistolarius likes this.

2. Serge M

Serge M Alien

One of us, one of us...

Seriously though, those threads get locked because they VERY quickly become wish list threads and those are clearly stated as will be closed.

We all know what’s coming next, the IGTC dlc, wanting to know more is a little rude considering the team is hard at work on the current thing.

They also contribute nothing to the forum.
    Kunos can not and never have given exact release dates for anything, they are a small team and flexibility is needed as unexpected things happen in development.

If people had an exact date they would then complain if something happened which would be even worse.

Freddie Seng, chksix and Romneyb like this.
  3. Si.

Si. Simracer

I think it probably suggests you should use the search function before creating new threads i.e. a quick search on here would have answered your question about dlc, or a quick search of the web would have shown you pages of info re up and coming dlc.

And why did you create a whole new thread about locked posts, you could have asked in the General Discussion thread.

I’d probably expect this thread to end up in the bin too. Basically don’t clutter up the forum, you don’t need to create a new thread for every question, use what’s there.

Freddie Seng, chksix, m_box97 and 2 others like this.
  4. Ferrari488GT3

Ferrari488GT3 Rookie

Ok, I see no need for the forum really then. If there is no reason for questions, they are not answered, then no purpose. Maybe ACC guys should just sometimes post their info and have no forum to ask things. Makes more sense. This is what we have anyway.

Epistolarius likes this.
  5. Spenceryin85527

Spenceryin85527 Simracer

If OP just search for IGTC DLC ....

IGTC DLC 4 Track Suzuka, Kylami, Mount Panorama, Laguna Seca @ Q1 2020

Kopiller, phil, m_box97 and 1 other person like this.
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

If threads are just going to be locked it would be good if Kunos could post in that thread why it was locked so users will get an idea of what not to post, you cannot expect new or infrequent visitors to know the ins and outs of how the forum works.

Racert46 likes this.
  7. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

This ACC forum where the community talks, get support and give feedback about the Sim.
    Just imagine that every new guy here asked the same questions.
    Search function is your friend. ;)

LATE4APEX and Alistair McKinley like this.
  8. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Hi, you come to the forum and instead of searching for info, the first thing you do is complain that the forum is not as you like it. Then you continue in your passive-aggressive attitude with this latest post. Learn some manners, the world will smile to you.

9. Si.

Si. Simracer

Ok you’re just trolling now, goodbye.

chksix and sissydriver like this.
  10. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

^^ This!

I come here nearly every day to check what's new in the world of AC and ACC. And every day some people open threads about things which have already been answered or discussed. It's frustrating and very difficult to keep an overview.

@Ferrari488GT3 :

You come here and ask what content will be coming next. A couple of days ago Kunos published a trailer about the Intercontinental GT Challenge stating which new tracks will be included and teasing even "more".
    Do you really think that Kunos will answer your question about what's included in the IGTC pack and what's more to come?
    If they would answer your question and all the other questions of this kind on this forum, they would not develop a game - they would all be full-time forum admins.

To answer your questions again:
    New tracks: Suzukua, Kyalami, Barthurst, Laguna Seca
    Realease: someday in Q1 of 2020, i.e. from Jan 1st 2020 until Mar 31st 2020 every day is possible - unless it will be delayed.
    About the "more": If Kunos would reveal what it is there would not have been any need to teaser it in a trailer. ;-)

11. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Not to be a spell checker but only to clear up for non aussies - its bathurst and pronounced (the 'a') like in bat, not bath. I blame Jeremy Clarkson.

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  12. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

OH jeezzz, again u, we all evplain in your previous threads, why they’ve been deleted,
    We don’t need new threads just for one question that already has been asked, or another one that literally says Kunos what they should do, come on you are not game developer and many times those people are so wrong and take for granted publishers of Kunos and licensing, amount of work, current things that they are working on, I am sick of those threads that are just a with list that means nothing and is usually based only on what you like not what is possible, and threads that are single questions that many times have been discussed on other specific threads regarding certain subjects or in traboulshooting

chksix and Alistair McKinley like this.
  13. Alistair McKinley

Thanks for the correction. It was just a typo.
    It has nothing to do with the correct pronunciation because most of the time I call it "Bratwurst" (I'm German). ;-)

14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Agree. Have fun flaming ACC's hateful community on RD.

15. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Isn't that a snag? (Sausage) :)

16. Alistair McKinley

Yes, it's like a bigger sausage that is fried in a pan. :)

Max Doubt likes this.
  17. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Gamer

Oh you mean pronounced like bath in the Midlands/Northern England, not like the Southerners barth :rolleyes:

LeiF and Max Doubt like this.
  18. Ferrari488GT3

Ferrari488GT3 Rookie

Ok. I ask no more questions. Sim racing community is not fun really. I met some at meeting and they were ok, some were quite rude also. I find here the 'community' is very aggressive. Not friendly people, for sure. Arrogant also. I thought it would be fun community and to get into this. Also to know new things about ACC and make friends. But it is not for me. It's a not nice group. Keep to yourselves please. I do other things. There's not place in my life for this.

19. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

You asked for an explanation of why your posts were being deleted and people have suggested the reasons why this may have happened. How is this being very aggressive, unfriendly or arrogant? Why make new posts asking questions which have already been answered several times? That’s why forums have a search function - it takes a little effort but it’s not difficult. If there was something about the original answers which didn’t satisfy you, it would have been better to seek clarification in the existing threads.

20. Alistair McKinley

Look: It's not fun when someone asks questions which have already been answered or when "new" people open new threads of topics which already exist. It makes the whole forum very confusing/unclear/clattered ("unübersichtlich" is the german word for it).
    Just use the search function and join an already exisiting thread. It's not that difficult.
    I don't join a KartKraft (or whatever) forum, open a thread and ask: "What time is it?" or "How many tracks are there in KartKraft?"
    I don't do it because I can search for the info I am looking for by myself. There is no reason to open a thread for it and bother other people to do the search for me.

BTW: There is a chit chat section on this forum where you can post funny stuff.
    At Sector 3's forum there is a meme thread, for example. It's very funny and entertaining. ;-)

About the not so nice group of people here:
    This community here (including RaceDepartment, Reiza, Sector 3, Studio 397, BeamNG, ...) has always been very helpful to me. Always! Whenever I had a serious question or an issue I was being helped by these people. So please don't call these people arrogant, unfriendly or aggressive. Because they are not.
    In Germany we say: "Wie man in den Wald hineinruft, so schallt es heraus." That means: "As the question, so the answer." or "What goes around, comes around."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.