1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Blog Audio - Monkey hear, monkey do!

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by AC Support, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

one question is up to me or has the backfire sound disappeared from bmw m6 and nissan?
    a few updates ago, when i last played, it was still there.
    when i braked before a curve or was idling around the curve, you always heard it.
    if i now look at the replays from yesterday, the sound is no longer that.
    you can still hear the turbo at the bmw crying when switching down, like before, but the backfire disappeared?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

2. Speedster911

Speedster911 Gamer

Could you please look into some of the sound for AC UE on Xbox One? I've created a thread or two around this topic where specific cars have an unusually loud trans whine which drowns out the engine noise and generally weak downshifting effects. Compare the LaFerrari vs FXX-K to see what I mean or drive the Zonda-R, 599XX Evo or Huracan - the transmission whines and pierces through the air while there's very little bass and power coming from the engine. Reminds me of how bad Forza 7 car sound was when it launched.

3. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Your barking up the wrong tree buddy. AC dev is long since been done and over with and being Xbox and Not moddable, looks like your outta luck.

4. Speedster911

Speedster911 Gamer

Yeah okay thanks - sucks, but okay.

I barely play AC now because of this nonsense. Thank God for PCARS2 and Forza 7.

5. Laserbeak43

Laserbeak43 Gamer

Very noticeable. Thanks! SOUNDS GREAT!!
    Best sounding sim to date, in my opinion.

6. Speedster911

Speedster911 Gamer

Good that you enjoy it. Don't you feel that cars like the Laf, Zonda-R or Huracan sound off? Weak and synthesized sound with a really loud trans whine, e.g.

Drive these cars in FM7 or PCARS2 - they sound powerful and true-to-character, compared to the actual cars (not the Huracan but other two).

What kind of sound system are you running, btw?

I feel that some sounds in AC are really, really good like the FXX-K, both Mclaren P1s or Skyline, Supra and RX-7 - while others are so poor that I want to put the game down: 599XX, LaFerrari, Huracan Performante, Zonda-R, etc.

Apart from that, the other effects like wind and road noise, tire squealing, suspension working are all excellent, although lack of reverb effects is a downer.

7. Laserbeak43

Laserbeak43 Gamer

I'm using a pair of wireless Corsair Void Pro headphones. And I don't know what the cars really sound like, to be honest. I only drive the NSX, and I like its sound in ACC more than in PC2, even though it still sounds nice in PC2.
    I have no real-world experience with GT3 cars in any way, unfortunately.

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Do you realise that you're commenting in a thread for another game? This is for ACC on PC, not AC1 on PC/console. ACC sounds are quite different from AC1 and none of the cars mentioned are in the sim.

9. Speedster911

Speedster911 Gamer

Right - soo, any chance ACC is coming to Xbox One?

10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Possible. But if it gets ported at all it's more likely to come to the next gen consoles due to the increased hardware capabilities of Xbox Series X/PS5 and the increased hardware requirements of the software.

Nothing to do with audio though.

11. tow

tow Racer

is it possible the engine sound simulation can reach to another new level ? Are you guys already satisfy current stage? I hope dev not just focus on the physics, please give some passion for the audio too. :)

12. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

Seriously? For me, ACC is the benchmark in terms of sim audio!

13. lol

Scroll to 3.49 mins

AndyK70, chksix and aotto1977 like this.
  14. I didn't read this post previously. I must share my deep appreciation for the whole audio system. If You are the sound guy at kunos. You are a great person.

mister dog likes this.