1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing Unreal

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by el_goe, Sep 13, 2018.

1. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

^ I imagine being their own game and all they can have it automatically report back the display(s) people are using or query the steam launcher.

2. marcos1988

marcos1988 Racer

I would only sell my current VR for another with improved resolution, better color display and a slightly greater FOV. But no way I'd go back to pancake mode, even considering the increase in fidelity, better display of color / HDR and greater number of FPS. I'm one of the lucky bastards that can run ACC in VR at a decent resolution with almost constant 90fps.

3. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

single digits because people won't use/don't have VR or because it's difficult to run acceptably in VR? I'm one of the latter

alex bonner and Cote Dazur like this.
  4. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

One of those chicken and egg dilemmas.

5. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Would be interesting to know the split with iRacing but doubt they would share that info

6. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Racer

SPS may not even be the magic bullet to fix VR in ACC.

Depending on which headset you have there are seemingly some issues with it, there's a big thread on iracing forums from users of index and vive headsets with disorientation issues - https://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3654305.page
    and after 6 months no one worked out why, until another about SPS breaking the rendering on the right eye for any headset with asymetric projections (eg: Vive, Vive Pro, Valve Index) appeared - https://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3687236.page (similar discussion on reddit of why this is, if you don't have iracing account https://www.reddit.com/r/vive_vr/co...eo/fcjs0zo/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x )

TBH I'd rather have the bad fps of ACC than the horrible feeling I get after driving iracing with vive-pro...

7. Serge M

Serge M Alien

The only thing that will truly benefit VR in the short term is brute power, we should hopefully see at least 50% increase with NVIDIA’s Ampere in the next 6 months or so, both Intel and AMD will have new CPU’s again then.

If Nvidia gives the new cards enough dedicated hardware for RTX which would allow it to run with minimal performance loss that would be a good bonus as well.

8. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Thanks, HMD is HP Reverb 2160*2160 , no problem with FPS, but blurry picture, even the Dashboard isn´t clear to read, so I stay with triple setup fo ACC, the other sims in VR.

9. Loren Thomas

Loren Thomas Gamer

I'm a VR user and I'm curious - does ACC really work well on a single monitor? Especially widescreen ones. My impression (which comes entirely from watching youtube videos) is that there are still a lot of issues like:
    -Shadows popping in suddenly
    -Abrupt LOD changes
    -Mirrors look terrible and hog resources (and they're not even real mirrors)
    -TAA artifacts
    All of these are massive immersion breakers, no matter what resolution and framerate numbers you get. I sort of suspect there's a combination of UE4 (and other modern engines) not being made to handle fast movement like in a racing sim, and an LOD scheme that isn't nearly as efficient as it could be.

R. Iván and Cote Dazur like this.
  10. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

I read the 50% increase rumour also, I fear that it will end up being something along the lines of "up to 50% improvement in ray tracing titles" with only a small boost to non ray tracing performance. Hopefully this isn't the case, but I'm forever sceptical of Nvidia's tactics while there's no competition for their high end cards. It would be great if AMD would apply the same effort to GPU as they have recently in the CPU space.

11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I’m fairly optimistic here as going from 16nm to 7nm manufacturing node alone is worth somewhere around 30% if not more. Add new architecture and 50% is very easy.

With ray tracing they absolutely have to give huge improvements otherwise it won’t take hold, and have publicly stated that’s what they are doing.

Would be really good if AMD could bring something competitive to the table though, would help drive performance up and prices down

12. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Yeah certainly your optimism aligns with my hopes (not my scepticism :D). If they choose to make a 'big chip' with the 1st generation utilising this die shrink it's quite possible we could see a 50% improvement. Also it's quite possible we will see double or triple the rtx acceleration. You're definitely right that they need to make a meaningful improvement on ray tracing performance and accessibility so it gains some momentum. Hopefully once the 30x0 series comes out Kunos will hit the "it just works" button :rolleyes:

chksix likes this.
  13. houssen

houssen Racer

14. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

VRSS sounds interesting, but only supports forward render games; ACC is not on the list.

15. houssen

houssen Racer

**** we have bad luck even for drivers Je je

16. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

I use a single monitor at 2560x1440 using TAA and get none of those problems. Most settings are epic or high except mirrors (medium). Good, smooth graphics with no stuttering even with a full grid and I don't even have the latest hardware. Take a look at some of the videos on YouTube and you'll see that I'm not the only one running ACC successfully.

Ak1504, Tim Larsen, LATE4APEX and 2 others like this.
  17. No problems here either.
    Maxed 4K minus things like blur.
    Crisp, clear, and overall visually stunning.

VR is still young and itself currently poses its own issues, complications, and unrealistically high budget/hardware demands for the return.

Done single, triple, and VR.
    Owned DK2, CV1, Odyssey+, and Rift S...
    You don't switch to VR for visuals (currently) and if visuals is your preference stick to traditional single or triple displays.
    ^
    That is why I returned to a traditional display (4k) with headtracking until better display tech is developed and HMDs are less demanding.

Not putting down VR here.
    If you want visually stunning results you went the wrong direction.

Edit
    I also noticed you are running ACC in VR on a GTX 1070 which itself is probably why your expectations are not met.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Cote Dazur likes this.
  18. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

Will ampere use HBM? Otherwise 50% more performance is not easy, it's impossible. This video is about navi 21 but the same idea applies to next gen Nvidia .
    My guess is that a lot of the new transistors will be used for ray tracing and non RT scenarios will gain a 20ish%.
    In case the cards will have HBM then you better sell your kidneys.

19. Spunge84

Spunge84 Rookie

Agree with Vortex, single screen is fine. I've an antique I7 4790k build with 16gb of DDR3 and an RTX 2060 amp! and i can run most settings at max on screen. It's only when you move to VR that the performance drops so much. If i'm honest, i'd go back to single screens if i could as far as acc is concerned. But i can't - i've tried many times but i just sail off into the kitty litter every single time i reach the first corner. personally cant go back to monitors now i've got VR.

alex bonner, TheBoss and Cote Dazur like this.
  20. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Going from the current 16nm node to a 7nm node alone will give a massive jump. Memory will likely be GDDR6.

Raytracing performance is limited only be the dedicated hardware, Nvidia want it to catch on so will likely add a lot of power to that department.

Add architectural improvements and 50% is fairly reasonable