1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS Brake ducts and Tyre damage

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Pad4 starts around 1h30m

rdmracer and Piret2000 like this.
  2. Piret2000

Piret2000 Racer

Ari's has said that the pads will last 1 hour, but they'll start to have big problems in 15 minutes, that's why we shouldn't use them, they are for demonstration purposes so we now how to feel and react to brake wear

3. exited22

exited22 Racer

Perfectly fine, but then the explanation is wrong, because they don't last for one hour, they last for around 20min.

I have no problem with that, but I was very surprised by the degradation yesterday, when I used pad4 for the 45min race. Coming for the raw explanation in this thread you would think you can do a sprint race with them but you will have problems for maybe the last 15mins...
    There were couple of guys like @Dejan stankovic from this forum who were also on pad4 and I'm pretty sure they thought the same like me :)
    But alright, I learned my lesson yesterday ;-)

4. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Piret2000 likes this.
  5. 30 - 31 PSI advice from factory for wet is means optimal path. The only right way to set right wet pressure is only to check the tire wear after the race and set right pressure. If you inflate too much the tire wear in the middle, if you inflat too low - your tire wear on sides - And this is real experience with success. I win Rain races and the last year i was the fastest in rain conditions in my country. So check it ;) It doesn't matter what size of tire and what series you drive - Just physics laws.

2. You write "Slicks have a wide operating range. They give decent grip from 40°C and up to 130°C" - If we had so wide decent grip window in real life racing, than all drivers had no problem with car setups. But all teams have this problems, this means max grip window is narrow and all values in C must be a lot more dinamic, you know what i mean :) This knowlege you can find only with cooperating in couple of two people only - Highly experienced Engineer From Champion Team + highly experiensed FAST driver - better Champion, and no other people explain you how it works right. This is hard, but that's only one way to made right tire physics model.

Engineers and drivers that never win and have no speed can be wrong in their knowledge, this is important thing

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  6. I'm a little confused with the brake pads. When doing a 24h race in accelerated time (3h), do I have to use pads 3 because the wear is speeded up according to the time factor or will pads 1 work as these are designed for 3h race?

7. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Physics stuff is never accelerated, so the pad's wear should be calculated only in real time (1x)

AT_RubberDuck likes this.
  8. jarqus

jarqus Racer

It is great to have all these variations in the sim. But I ask one thing (to be honest I haven't looked)
    Is it possible to have the info on what each setting does in game or at least in a pdf file in the ACC folder . i.e bads/engine map/etc/etc

love it

J.

GoBo likes this.
  9. HeartOrHead

HeartOrHead Rookie

What is the optimal brakes' temperature range?

10. Fredix_27

Fredix_27 Rookie

it depends :)

But generally speaking, around 6 to 700 °celsius is the ideal operating window. But it depend what brake pads you're using. High friction coefficient require to open more brake duct

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Got to say the brake fade is pretty cool in its implementation. I have pretty much mostly been using pad 2 but tried runing pad 1 for our 90 minute monza races in the 2019 porsche.

Car was awesome for about an hour but then slowly started to fade mostly into the 2nd chichane it was showing up. The later it was also struggling into ascari. Didnt do my race any favours as I couldnt hang on to the win. But it was still pretty cool how it felt and I had to try bias adjustmens and in the end just brake way earlier for a few corners to make the apexes.

Nursing it home the last 15 minutes made for an exciting finish to the race as it bunched the podium up nicely, i think I will avoid pad 1 at big stop tracks like Monza in anything longer then 60 minute races next time.

Captain Barracuda and Coanda like this.
  12. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

In the 6hr I participated in I did the 2nd last stint approx the 4hr mark to the 5hr mark and the braking was noticeably worse than I had experienced all through testing (did a number of full stint tests, but these don't stress the pads unless set 1 or 4 of course). At first I thought it was because I was about 30kg heavier than my first stint but they didn't improve as the fuel came off. Wear levels post race were in line with our projected brake wear rates in testing. IMO it's a well implemented feature.

martcerv likes this.
  13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

What pads did you use and did you guys do a brake stop?

14. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Set 2. We didn't take brakes during the race. They still had plenty of wear to go before falling off a cliff but were worn enough to be a consideration in even longer races. In testing we also observed wear rate differences front to rear resulting from the different brake bias preferences we each had. Duct size was a factor in wear too. Very cool.

15. rdmracer

rdmracer Gamer

1h37m00s Why would this deadzone occur on a hydraulic disk brake system?

16. Ælleden

Ælleden Gamer

Is this still up to date ? I heard everywhere that brake pads 4 were to simulate very damaged brakes and thus we should never use em in quali or race.
    Here I see official info from Aris, but it's a post from long ago so maybe it changed in mean time ?

17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Whoever is saying that is wrong. The info here by Aris correct.

18. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Using pad 4 gives you a idea how breaks feel when worned out in a short amount of driving time, so to say, to get to know them as far as I understand Aris...

f.e.negroni likes this.
  19. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

Hello @Aristotelis , I asked you in the stream if you could still add the optimal / maximum braking temperature, that would be great. :)

Eduardo AuKiss likes this.
  20. Big Pokey

Big Pokey Rookie

That is taken directly from the Feb 4, 2020 update notes I believe (which are clearly incorrectly worded, hence the confusion). Later on when I saw Aris' explanation it all made sense!