1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Spa *BigGrid* race event / stress test

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MrGit@Twitch, Nov 6, 2019.

1. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

rycil likes this.
  2. Serge M

Serge M Alien

@MrGit@Twitch
    What kind of server hardware are you running these on? What CPU load does it see during the races? Curious if the Azure server I have in Singapore could handle it

3. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

Hi Mr Git. Not sure if the result generating went well. At least the Race result does not seem to be right. I did not start at P5 (did finish at 23 though). Also my mate Jeroen Jongen did not start at 39. He did finish 13th though.

4. MrGit@Twitch

Xeon cpu, 16gb ram, 2tb hdd space...but its on an unmetered gigabit network and that's the thing that will cause you issues the most on an azure server as you'll need a lot of ul bandwidth.

5. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Cheers, guessing at least two cores? I’m running a dual core E5-2673 v3 CPU, 7GB RAM 126GB SSD server, also gigabit connection.

Do you know what CPU load it gets?

6. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

Hello @MrGit@Twitch. Can you inform us on the track we will be racing this week? Will be preparing myself then with decent setup and hopefully pace :)

7. MrNelz92

MrNelz92 Rookie

Hi, can you give the exact date and time when the next race will start?
    Are there any requirements for racing with you (like SA/...)?

Didn´t find any notes about that :)

Thanks in advance!

8. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

9. MrGit@Twitch

....and as a update to the above, this weeks track is Nurburgring!

7:30pm GMT start this week remember everyone!!!

10. MrNelz92

MrNelz92 Rookie

Thanks for your quick answers.

And just that I get it right, the races are always on thursdays?

11. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

Check the original post ;)

12. MrNelz92

MrNelz92 Rookie

o_O okay maybe im a bit dumb :/
    Thanks anyways

13. MrGit@Twitch

Morning boys 'n' girls!

BigGrid day arrives and don't forget, tonight server opens 30 minutes earlier at 7:30pm and the race is 90 minutes long (not the usual 60).

Also,there's no fixed pitstop rule in place, so pit for fuel/tires when you need it!

As the race is longer than usual, there's a higher possibility of maybe getting lapped, so I'll just remind you of some words from Mike Nobel on how you should act...

"'If you are a backmarker and you are about to get lapped, please keep on following the regular racing line. The faster car behind you will find a place to overtake. When he starts the overtake do not block him, or do not drive defensively. Another thing you can do (increases safe driving ) when the car behind you is very close, is lifting the throttle BEFORE braking zones. You do not lose a lot of time, and the car behind you can safely attempt the overtake.
    Another situation if you are in a battle for position and your about to be lapped by the leaders, you are NOT required to slow down / give position to the faster guy behind you. Only when the guy lapping you attempts a overtake manoeuvre you NEED to give space and let him through.

Also, not braking on random / dangerous / corner exits just to let the guy behind you through. Slow down on straights instead by lifting the throttle slightly.

Be predictable, not unpredictable."

MrNelz92 likes this.
  14. Tim Larsen

Tim Larsen Racer

Joined the 40 SA one - not such a big gid there. 3 all in all. I lasted a little over an hour :) Gotta get the last 4 SA points so I can join the real big grid :) Thanks for arranging.

15. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

Another great event and fun with some clean fights (apart from some hiccups and my inconsistency)!

Hightlights (automatically generated):

16. MrGit@Twitch

Well, that race yesterday!!!

Battles throughout and you want a treat? Then watch this highlight of the last 15 minutes watching the amazing battle between Mike, Franke and Alexander!!!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/536806369

17. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

I much more prefer this 90min format, we can do it on Misano as well

18. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

90 mins is nice because it brings in the pitstop. However, if the start time remains 1930uk I'm out because kids not in bed. Can understand why it's not layer though for the EU timezone. Ill just go for the CP races instead.

19. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

@MrGit@Twitch. In this last clip you mention that i caused some collisions. Shame if this is the case. I was under the impression of having raced as safely as possible. But qualifying in the #40's, starting #3 because of restart I knew there was heat coming. I now know how Kubicek must have felt in the 2019 season :).
    Did defend my place on the track without being an *** (at least that was my intention and how I see it). In the cycane I was punted from behind twice which resulted in a heavenly damaged car. Did decide to finish the race albeit with a car that could do barely 2.00 laps and hat some strange breakouts if turned in to fast. Consistency was impossible now.
    So sorry if I caused any problems. Would like to know where for I am honestly not aware of it. Had a great (learning) experience anyway. Thanks for that.

surtic86 likes this.
  20. MrGit@Twitch

Wake up everyone, i wanna ask you something!

A few people have asked about maybe having a 2nd ACC BigGrid event on the weekends as a lot of you can't make the Wednesday one (time difference,work commitments ect...), so....how would you all feel about one tonight as a test of turnout?

If it's popular then i'll make it a permanent thing the Sunday after the 26th (my inter-community challenge event @ Spa), so if you want it, let me know! Times/pw will be as usual....race length would be 60 minutes /w compulsory pitstop with a change to match the CP server rules of tire change but no refuelling (so starting with enough fuel for the full 60 mins).....what say you all?

....Ok, after checking in discord it's on for tonight, please check the OP for start time + pw...track is Paul Ricard.

Spread the word please!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020