1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

5700 XT performance

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by JnJ | Rayleigh, Jan 9, 2020.

1. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Hey everyone,

I recently upgraded my GPU from a GTX 770 to a RX 5700 XT from Sapphire. My core games for now are ACC, DCS World and Heroes of Newerth. With the 770 I was able to play ACC with low settings (except textures epic, view distance mid and mirrors (low quality) enabled) with 50-70 fps (avg about 60 fps). In replays I reached around 35-70 fps (avg about 50 fps) depending on how many cars I could see on the circuit. Now with the 5700 XT I reach 50-100 fps in replays with an average of only 70 fps. I really hoped to be able to see ACC in all it's beauty with a gfx upgrade like this, but this is rather disappointing and I can't believe there is everything properly working.
    I uninstalled every gpu driver in save mode with DDU and tried to fiddle with the Adrenaline settings. My CPU is a Ryzen 2700 and it is supported by 16 GB of 3200 MHz fast DDR4 RAM.
    There is a similar situation when playing Heroes of Newerth. Same settings, only around 20 fps increase and the picture although above 60 fps all the time doesn't really feel smooth.
    DCS world on the other hand runs with over double of the FPS of the 770 but freezes at some point.

I ofc search via google a lot and tried things like closing afterburner etc etc but nothing actually helped. Anyone an idea what I can do or any experiences? Because for that kind of performance "boost" I cba to spend 400 bucks. Help would be really appreciated! :)

btw: I already read some posts in the Benchmark thread so the 5700 XT should be a little bit on top of what I'm achieving with low settings only with high settings (fps wise). :confused:

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Performance problem with AMD 5700 XT and driver names Aug 9, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions RX 5700 XT underperforming in ACC compared to same card Jul 11, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions MSI RADEON RX 5700 XT MECH OC and FPS Mar 25, 2020
    Chit Chat Room RTX 2070 Super vs RX 5700 XT Jul 24, 2019
    ACC Hardware Discussions Radeon RX 5700 (XT) Users - Please Share Your Benchmark Results Jul 9, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Shouldn't I get better performance with this spec? Mar 12, 2024
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Red Bull Ring low performance Feb 2, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Recommended VM Performance for large grid races Aug 14, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Recommended VM Performance for large grid races Aug 9, 2023
    ACC Physics Brake Cooling Performance Change on Brake Change in Pits Jul 21, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues In game FPS not same with performance test FPS Apr 11, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal errors and very low performance Feb 15, 2023
    ACC Physics Performance updates changelog Jan 17, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality AMD's Next Gen RX 7900XTX with disappointing performance in VR Jan 16, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Is it possible to make AI performance more similar to each other? Dec 28, 2022

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Maybe run the benchmark first?

4. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

2020-01-09 18:16:00 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 3811 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 63.517 - Min: 48 - Max: 91

2020-01-09 18:18:23 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 3794 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 63.233 - Min: 48 - Max: 90

CPU: Ryzen 2700
    GPU: 5700 XT (Sapphire Nitro +)
    RAM: G.Skill @3200 MHz
    ACC version: 1.2.3

there you go. Did it 2 times just to be sure.

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Hmmm that's way too low. Around 85 AVG is expected. Will have another look tomorrow.

JnJ | Rayleigh likes this.
  6. Rudski

Rudski Alien

I'd suggest a format. You'll notice windows loading faster and everything else. And you rule out any issues with prior software.

7. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Don't have the time for that right now. Plus I think changing your gfx card shouldn't afford a format all the time. The system is fairly new (fall 2019) except my old GTX 770 ofc. Idk but six years ago when I switched from ATI to Nvidia everything went without any problems. Card out, install drivers (not even DDU since I didn't know about it back then) and everything was working. Maybe team green is a step ahead in that area and maybe that is why they can afford to sell their stuff for an additional 100 bucks. This is frustrating x)

LeDude83 likes this.
  8. Rudski

Rudski Alien

I understand, it's a pain for sure. As a last resort possibly. If you do format, like us know, I'd like to know if you do gain performance.

9. hozes

hozes Rookie

I switch from a gtx1060 to vega56 with zero issues, delete nvidia with ddu and install 19.11.1 amd
    In safe mode, with ddu uninstall amd again and restart, then install 19.12.3 for 5700xt, you must have better performance with your 5700xt, on acc it should give you a gtx1070ti performance ( although rx5700xt much better than a gtx1070ti, acc favors nvidia much better than amd)

10. Rudski

Rudski Alien

How so?

11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

This was pretty obvious from the first GPU benchmark results - My Vega 64 was easily outperformed by GTX 1070s, which isn't in line with the benchmarks out there in the internet - Vega 64 would usually perform well above 1070 and very close to the 1080, just some % worse in average. Same went for Polaris GPUs - the RX580 wouldn't go anywhere close to the 1060 but in the other benchmarks out there it would be on par or even better.

The benchmark method was optimized a few times and some old results aren't available, anymore. In the new database, Vega and the 5700 XTs perform better - Just before I sold my Vega 64, I recorded an impressive 80 FPS benchmark run with it. @schorni is achieving ~ 90 FPS with his 5700 XT (through some tweaking) and @RF_DeFr4G achieved an AVG of 86 right away with his new 5700 XT.

This puts Vega 64 (at least my test run) and the 5700 XT where they should be, compared to other benchmarks. Only the one RX580 in the database doesn't want to match the performance of our 1060s...but one single run isn't representative.

But for sure - the initial disadvantage of AMD GPUs in ACC appears to be gone with the latest GPU generations.

Maybe my request with AMD support, when I provided the ACC benchmark database to them, did help, after all.

12. Rudski

Rudski Alien

I don't have an AMD card to check, is there an ACC profile in the AMD driver? Typically if AMD optimise their drivers they usually add a specific profile for that game.

13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I don't have an AMD card, either.

14. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Yes, there is, but I don't think it is helping very much..

Also I believe the following also belongs in here:

ok first of all I did a BIOS update which led to the following result:

2020-01-09 19:52:42 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 5073 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 84.550 - Min: 63 - Max: 123

Then since it still didn't feel very smooth (not only ACC), I found out that my >10 year old PSU is no good whether for my CPU nor for my GPU. So I ordered the bequiet straight power 650W (old PSU was 675 from Thermaltake). The new benchmark results are the following:

2020-01-11 14:39:06 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 5099 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 84.983 - Min: 60 - Max: 124

2020-01-11 14:40:18 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 5053 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 84.217 - Min: 63 - Max: 123

There is one significant difference tho. The fans on my 5700 XT go crazy (to around 90% as it sounds like...might even be full 100%) during the benchmark (and after) which they didn't before. I tried to track fan speed but whether Afterburner nor Adrenaline 2020 are tracking the fan speed anymore.

In the following picture you can see some data. In the yellow Box I did the benchmark. Frametime doesn't quite look ok, but I'm no expert on that...only know that it should be relativly constant to achieve a smooth picture. The GPU clock I couldn't figure out how to track it. I didn't find an option. So I just looked at afterburner on my second monitor while driving. It was between 1900 and 2000 MHz, mostly around 1950 MHz, sometimes dropping to 1850ish MHz.

[​IMG]

Side Note: I have some occasional flickering happening ingame and also in Windows at the top right of my main screen which I didn't have with my GTX 770. Whether BIOS update nor change of PSU nor anything else I tried changed that and I can't really find something on google about it.

CPU on the other hand seems totally fine and had no issues with since I bought it.