1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.2

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Team DTO, Dec 19, 2019.

1. any any

any any Gamer

There is nothing wrong with that :)

2. any any

any any Gamer

That with the Porsche 2019 and the Aston 2019 is a known problem with the new cars. That is the reason why I drive the old Porsche 2018.

Mogster likes this.
  3. Team DTO

Team DTO Gamer

Thank you sir and very well written. My posts are not intended to be disrespectful or critical of the developers of ACC or other sim racers, and I don't want to start a comparison between racing sims. Most of my sim racing experience comes from using Rfactor and Rfactor2 over the past 12 years. My favorite race cars are Lemans prototypes and use the RF2 LMP2 Oreca most of the time. I turn off all assists except ABS with difficulty set at 95-100 depending on track. I use the base setup, only slightly changing the brake bias and traction control and never had major handling issues at the end of my stints. This might be due to the difference between LMP2 and GT3 cars, or the physics in RF2 are more forgiving than ACC for a intermediate sim racer. Racing against the AI in ACC is a diamond in the rough, and I will work on my set up and look forward to future updates that will inevitably improve the sim experience for me.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  4. MonzterPixel

MonzterPixel Gamer

It would be interesting and very useful to see a delicious explanatory blog:oops::oops: about the functions in the configuration tab, because it is quite complex to understand how some changes affect the physics of the car.;);):D:D

Mogster, DiRTMark and Piret2000 like this.
  5. dave967

dave967 Racer

I just signed on my game here at work and see that my version is now 1.23

6. Ghosted

Ghosted Gamer

Yeah, mine's reading 1.2.3 as well.

I think it happened last time with update to 1.2.1, when I could swear mine was reading 1.2.2.

I'm not on the beta channel as far as I know.

7. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

they released 2 hotfixes today.

f.e.negroni likes this.
  8. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Really enjoying the 1.2.1. update (+ Hotfixes). Two comments/questions after extensive testing:

- Has the AI difficulty been re-calibrated/re-scaled? I'm a terminal mid-pack driver who found the pre-update AI race pace at Brands Hatch a little too quick at 1:24 to 1:26 at 88% difficulty. Post-update, the AI is too slow for me at 88%, race-lapping at > 1:28. I'm happy to turn up the AI difficulty level, just curious about this.

- As I posted in Troubleshooting, I cannot successfully pit out in the McLaren 720S after reloading a saved game. What happens every time is strange: on exiting the pit box, there is anomalous FF output, the car seems to drop and steering becomes unmanageable, it's as though the suspension has collapsed.

I would appreciate your comments. This remains the best sim I've ever driven and it just keeps getting better.

9. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

for what it’s worth, I am driving the new AMR extensively and haven’t experienced these poor changes in the FFB that were mentioned. I’m using a Fanatec csl elite though, so perhaps it’s a g25 problem?

Mogster and Piret2000 like this.
  10. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

ive noticed something similar myself. At Barcelona, against 95% AI, I seem to be a little quicker than they are where before it was more even. One of the reasons is that every time I race there, there is a BMW AI driver who is way off the pace causing AI to train behind him.

11. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

Two questions for Developers (I beg your answer as a Christmas gift....)
    1_ did you increase the amount of sparks when car touches down ?
    2_ did you slightly increase the amount of (graphical) body damage ?
    If so I really appreciate and I kindly ask if there' s any plan about adding more particle effects to the sim gameplay (Marco forgive me if I use the the word "game":)).
    Thank you very much again for the enjoyment you deliver to us with ACC.

12. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

#2 is an entry in the changelog...

13. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

oh Yes I saw it, but my priority is the third question................ ;-)

14. Team DTO

Team DTO Gamer

I would like to post an update to my progress. Thank you Aris, Chriss, and Captain Barracuda, with your tips I have been able to set up my car and get predictable handling throughout the length of my stint. Woo Hoo! :)

15. Hey Guys,
    any idea: Driving ASTON Martin, have some problems that in nearly every race i have loss of grip after about 10-12 minutes driving in the race. Brake ducts are finde, tyre and brake temperature also.

Problem occurs with the update 1.2, no way to fix it. Any ideas?

16. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

it's a bit generic question.
    I also run in the Aston, but i haven't noticed this kind of problem. I've done about 10 races (20 / 30 / 40mins) with this car, between single and multiplayer.

17. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Except if you mean something different, this is not something to fix. The tyres give their maximum qualifying grip for about 2-3 laps. Then they fall off a bit and stay stable, losing slowly grip as you move on. So probably at around 10-12 minutes of the race you get that "ultra grip" falloff. Happens to all cars obviously and, hehehe, you should be happy that the Aston is neutral and maintains it's handling balance when this happens. Other cars suffer from a short under or oversteery handling until the tyres stabilize again in another 3-4 laps

MonzterPixel, rycil, JanR and 5 others like this.
  18. Serge M

Serge M Alien

This explains why I struggle with the Lambo for a few laps at about the 10 minute mark...

19. Thanks for explaining how the tyres work, i asked the question for a friend which drives the Aston. Was the tyre behaviour changed in 1.2?

Myself is driving Porsche, i can confirm a little bit of performance loss after a few laps, sometimes with more or less understeer, but i can handly it with changing brake balance.

20. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

The Audi EVO will literally try to kill you (and your family... and your dog... and your boss...) when the grip drops... still worth the risk, what an stunning machine.

and your friends and your mother in law and your cousin your niece and her friends and the postman and the guy in the corner store... that thing is passive aggressive...

After_Midnight likes this.