1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The ACC GPU Benchmark Thread

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by LeDude83, Nov 23, 2018.

1. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

You mean during the benchmark or with my go to settings?

2. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

During the Benchmark first.

3. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

ok first of all I did a BIOS update which led to the following result:

2020-01-09 19:52:42 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 5073 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 84.550 - Min: 63 - Max: 123

Then since it still didn't feel very smooth (not only ACC), I found out that my >10 year old PSU is no good whether for my CPU nor for my GPU. So I ordered the bequiet straight power 650W (old PSU was 675 from Thermaltake). The new benchmark results are the following:

2020-01-11 14:39:06 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 5099 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 84.983 - Min: 60 - Max: 124

2020-01-11 14:40:18 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 5053 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 84.217 - Min: 63 - Max: 123

There is one significant difference tho. The fans on my 5700 XT go crazy (to around 90% as it sounds like...might even be full 100%) during the benchmark (and after) which they didn't before. I tried to track fan speed but whether Afterburner nor Adrenaline 2020 are tracking the fan speed anymore.

In the following picture you can see some data. In the yellow Box I did the benchmark. Frametime doesn't quite look ok, but I'm no expert on that...only know that it should be relativly constant to achieve a smooth picture. The GPU clock I couldn't figure out how to track it. I didn't find an option. So I just looked at afterburner on my second monitor while driving. It was between 1900 and 2000 MHz, mostly around 1950 MHz, sometimes dropping to 1850ish MHz.

daten.png

Side Note: I have some occasional flickering happening ingame and also in Windows at the top right of my main screen which I didn't have with my GTX 770. Whether BIOS update nor change of PSU nor anything else I tried changed that and I can't really find something on google about it.

CPU on the other hand seems totally fine and had no issues with since I bought it.

LeDude83 likes this.
  4. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

To add some more information to this thread:

I just tested with my old GTX 770. Everything works fine as before now, but with low fps of course (side note: frametime is a lot more stable now). Benchmark results are as follows:

2020-01-11 17:44:08 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 1844 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 30.733 - Min: 21 - Max: 49

LeDude83 likes this.
  5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

With the new GPU you're pushing the CPU much harder and that could (!) be the reason for the spikes in the frametime. I don't remember AMD GPUs having frame timing issues, in ACC or other games.
    I see your GPU going below 100 % during the run - CPU bottleneck? You never recorded the CPU usage but looking at the clock speed, it isn't exactly running fast. What CPU is it, anyways?

JnJ | Rayleigh likes this.
  6. Gupise

Gupise Gamer

Hello guys, below my setup

Rtx 2080ti pny OC + afterburner automatic oc
    I7 9700k @5.0ghz
    32gb 3400mhz RAM
    Monitor 3840x1080 @ 1920x1080 for the bench

And the outcome:
    Min 101
    Max 198
    Avg 138.2
    Frames 8296

LeDude83 likes this.
  7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

@JnJ | Rayleigh I found your CPU specs: Ryzen 2700 with 16 GB RAM @3200. This combination is strong and shouldn't bottleneck the GPU during this benchmark, if it's all properly configured.

But it's very obvious that the GPU goes down as low as 70 % and stays below 100 for maybe 5 seconds. This could be due to the low CPU clock speed. Can you OC the CPU? It should help.
    This seems to reflect in the framerate graph - look how it goes up and down during the first ~30 % of the benchmark time. This shouldn't be. This is when you go around the first bend leading to the home straight and then driving down the straight roughly up to the start/finish line. FPS here should be a smooth ramp up and down.

So next step is to OC the CPU to maybe 3.9 GHz.

BTW, I will do the same on my Ryzen 5 2600. I've got no experience to share, so far.

8. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Now that you mention it, the CPU should run at around 3 GHz instead of 2 GHz out of stock, shouldn't it? I'm no expert in configuring these things. I know I had stutters when I built in my new Mainboard/CPU/RAM, but then I googled and did something in the BIOS/UEFI and everything went ok from there. But I can't really remember what I did. Maybe I have to google a little more about configuration if no one here happens to be an expert an offers advice :D
    But this still does neither really explain the flicker I get (in games as well as on my desktop) nor that I'm not able to record fanspeed with any application while the fans are going crazy. Additionally there is no such problem with my old GPU. I think I'm gonna retrurn the card and try another model and report back if that solves anything. :confused:

LeDude83 likes this.
  9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

The flicker is indeed an insta-RMA. Let's see how it goes with the new GPU.

In the meantime, I researched yours and my CPUs and it seems that the 2600 and 2700 will OC by themselves to 3.8 GHz or so if PBO (precision boost overdrive) is activated in BIOS. Will check that out on my PC tomorrow.

10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Hi,

I'm currently upgrading my PC and while I'm still busy setting things up and changing stuff, I did a quick first test.
    Before the upgrade, 1-2 weeks ago, I did a test run to check if I get still the same results as before (see your table on page 1) which is the case.
    Hardware:
    CPU: FX-4350 @ 4.4 GHz -> R7 3800X (3.9 to 4.5 GHz)
    GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64
    RAM: 8GB DDR3-1333 -> 32GB DDR4-3600 17-19-19-39
    OS is still Windows 7 64bit Professional, in case that might matter somehow.

Old Hardware:
    4014 Frames - 58.4 fps Avg - 47 fps Min - 93 fps Max

New Hardware:
    4226 Frames - 70.4 fps Avg - 52 fps Min - 101 fps Max

So that's an uplift of about 20% on average and 8-11% at Min/Max.
    I'm still busy setting things up, so I hope I can improve it a bit further, but even with this I'm pretty happy already, it's a good improvement. :)

One of these days I'll also do runs at 3840×1080 and 5120×1440 for those that are interested.

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Thank you - those numbers add a lot of value to this thread. It's obvious that CPU/RAM bottlenecking happens even in this GPU-focused test.

12. Hans Schipper

Hans Schipper Rookie

Hello,
    I want to add my values.
    I hope I did everything correctly but I'm not sure.
    I don't know what the GFX preset is, but I set the Basic settings to Epic.

My system:
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, AMD Radeon RX5700XT, 16Mb 3200RAM, ACC 1.2

Report:
    2020-01-20 21:08:28 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 4339 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 72.317 - Min: 44 - Max: 95

Hans

13. RF_DeFr4G

RF_DeFr4G Rookie

May I suggest to cancel in the first page ..... this result with the 1070GTX is definitive:
    Min Max Avg
    49 89 60.083

60 AVg FPS is more significant as the 1060 GTX is at 47 FPS, and the 5700XT at 82 FPS.
    My 5700 XT Mech is not working well , I got a 92°C GPU in gaming cessions, and GPU clock goes about 1600 Mhz instead of 2000MhZ

During the test I posted with the 5700 XT [min 63 max 127 Avg 86.250] the card was well I think...

the Msi 5700 XT I bought will be returned to the seller in a few days, and I'm receiving a 2070 super today.
    I was about to buy a 2070 RTX, but I cracked :D

14. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Hello,

just got the 2070 Super from Gigabyte (OC version) in a nice sale for the same amount I recently bought my 5700XT which I returned. The following are the benchmark results:

2020-01-31 14:09:11 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 5612 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 93.533 - Min: 73 - Max: 143

Although they are better than my best 5700 XT results, they don't match the average by over 10 FPS. Rest of my system ist still the same:

CPU: Ryzen 2700
    RAM: 16GB G.Skill @3200 MHz
    ACC version: 1.2.3

Any ideas if improvments are possible?
    Don't get me wrong, I'm totally fine with this kind of power (coming from a GTX770) but I just want to figure out if everything is alright with the card as long as it's possible to return it.

15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Seems reasonable without overclocking. You should be able to push AVG FPS to something just above 100. Start with a 100 MHz core and 400 MHz VRAM increase.

16. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Hey man :)
    Well, it's an OC version out of the box so idk if it's supposed to be overclocked even more (I'm a noob in OCing).

17. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yes, you can do that. Just install MSI Afterburner and play around a bit. Or if you don't feel comfy doing so, just leave it like it is :)

OC model or not, rule of thumb says that 10 % is possible for almost any GPU model. Believe me...I have a weird hobby and I've had like 10 GPUs in the past 2 years :-D

Edit: My Vega 64 was an ASUS ROG Stric gaming OC and I gained 10 %. On my 2nd PC I have a Gigabyte Gaming OC GTX 1660 OC and I'll OC that one, too. I had an OC 1060 before that and I OC'ed it. I had an RTX 2080 that had some OC and I could OC it further...just togive you an idea. My RTX 2060 S is OC'ed so it runs at just below 2000 MHz...

Edit 2: As we talk about OC - in ACC, VRAM OC actually seems to bring some FPS. Found that out recently...

18. Gupise

Gupise Gamer

If you are not sure about How OC your gpu, try the automatic OC in Afterburner. With rtx cards works fine.

LeDude83 likes this.
  19. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Keep burning them out trying to overclock them? :)

sissydriver likes this.
  20. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Hehe....no. I keep returning them when I'm unhappy or I sell them on eBay. I haven't had a single GPU damage in my gaming life.

Serge M likes this.