1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New hardware

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by alexcollin.4970, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Hi,
    I would like buy new hardware.

MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO 1
    Asus ROG Maximus IX Extreme 1
    Intel Core I7 9700 3.0GHz 1
    Samsung 970 EVO PLus MZ-V75S500BW 1
    Antec EarthWatts Gold EA550G PRO 1
    Antec NX Series NX400 1
    Kingston DDR4 8G 2

It's good ?

Thank you.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions [Suggestion] additional eye tracking hardware. Apr 27, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions It depends on the hardware Jan 7, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality HP G2 necessary Hardware Oct 5, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Help for a beginner sim set up (hardware) Sep 6, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error [potential CPU/RAM OC complication or RAM hardware issue] May 15, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 fatal error [wide variery - possible hardware issue] Feb 17, 2021
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues ACC Server Hardware Requirements Jan 12, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Lets benchmark the new hardware for ACC VR Nov 21, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions New hardware; low FPS..? Sep 25, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Considering better and better hardware, is more AI possible? Aug 7, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting UE Crash after last update [OC/hardware memory timing] Jul 20, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Issue with "Hardware Lock" Jun 13, 2020
    ACC General Discussions ACC Server Hardware Requirements May 3, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Hardware Spec Apr 23, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G27 FFB Disappearing [Hardware Issue] Feb 9, 2020

3. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Not proclaiming to be an expert here, but I would go up from 550 watt pwr supply.

I have 700 W, and some say that is minimum.

4. McGraw

McGraw Racer

How much is that motherboard.

5. Gupise

Gupise Gamer

Another i7 9700k owner here, for a new build i'd buy a ryzen CPU..
    Same or more performance, CPU + motherboard cheaper= rtx 2080ti

And change psu please.
    Mirco

6. Serge M

Serge M Alien

More PSU, K series CPU or Ryzen 3000 series.
    Biggest GPU you can afford.

If you already have something that works now waiting for Ampere GPU’s would be worth it

7. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Agree on that PSU being junk for the cost of the components you have, thats an area you should never cheap out. That said you DON'T need much more wattage, 650w is plenty. Get a good one such as the Seasonic Focus 650, or even better Seasonic Prime 650.

The rest of the build is pretty good, this game doesn't hammer the CPU too hard, you can save some money and get an AMD Ryzen 3700X and have 8c/16t and more than enough horsepower for ACC. Keep the 2080 or get a 2080ti, this game heavily prefers good Nvidia Cards. I have a 5700XT, it works, but not as well as the Nvidias if you can afford.

8. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Very untrue, the CPU gets hammered hard.
    If going VR there is no CPU you can buy now that’s enough.

AI also put massive load on the CPU and if you want to race big fields in MP it all comes back to CPU

9. Rogue Leader

Disagree. Whether you are using VR or not has minimal effect on CPU usage.

However I will agree that I have only been running AI fields of 16 cars, with more cars yes I would imagine CPU usage goes up probably beyond what I have seen. However with 16 car fields my 3700X is only running around 60%.

10. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I think you may be misreading CPU usage. Yes, you are seeing 60% TOTAL load, 100% load would be all 16 threads of your CPU working at 100%. But that’s not how CPU usage works with today’s games. If you log CPU usage you will see two threads running at about 100%, one is a physics thread and the other graphics. There is no magic way the load from these spills over to the less used cores of the CPU, once these are maxed that’s about it.

So in the case where a game uses just two threads your CPU would show 12.5% usage (2 threads out of 16 used) but effectively your CPU is maxed out and a CPU with faster core speed would give a lot of improvement

I realise the above example is not realistic as there are other things using CPU time, real load would show 20-30%

11. Rogue Leader

You are correct in how it works, and I should have elaborated that was an average of my cores that were used. I have monitored everything in MSI Afterburner in tuning the graphics on my system. Averaged out, considering the cores that were used (which is not all of them nor all 16 threads) of the cores that are used its about 60% each. NONE of my cores were at 100%, had a couple of spikes that briefly touched 100%, but no continuous 100% load at all. I can share the graphs if you would like however my system performance is not helping the OP anymore.

My poor wording notwithstanding, again VR has minimal effect on usage, and MP also does not as well, the more humans you have controlling cars, the less AI you have controlling cars.

But to bring this back to the OP I stand behind recommending the 3700X to play this game with no issues, or his original choice of the 9700K. Personally prefer the AMD processor, especially because its cheaper and has more threads, in case he wants to do more than just play ACC.

12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Not sure how you aren’t maxing at least one of the cores, I run a 3800X with the Rift S and two cores are in the high 90’s. Maybe your GPU is bottlenecking it? I run a 1080Ti

13. Rogue Leader

Yes you are correct it is, I have a 5700XT which doesn't perform very well in this game. That said I should retest it, its probably higher now as I backed down the details to get more FPS. I'm running triple monitors at 5760x1080. Its likely my core useage is higher. That said I have it running smooth at about 68fps average with freesync on. IMO its perfect for me.

14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Fair enough, single screen is a bit easier. In VR it gets killed. iRacing has similar issues as that sim only uses two cores so per core performance is king, hence everyone is trying to get 5.2Ghz from Intel chips

15. Rogue Leader

Trust me triple screens kill it too, I can get over 100fps with max details with 1 screen, 3 drops it to 39 fps. Then I just lowered the details and whatnot to get it back up over 60 fps. Triple screen implementation in this game is not very good when it comes to performance. I can get 90-100fps in everything else (AC, PCars 1 &2, Dirt). But the game is so good I just don't care about the lower performance. And I'm over 60 so its good enough. My frametimes are solid and fps stable. CPU wise it never goes over 62c, the game seems to hit 6 of my 8 cores, with CPU1 pretty solidly sitting around 60%, and 4 of the others bouncing up and down averaging around 50-60, but hitting 100, and then the last core which is likely doing the rendering calls which is running much more stable and averaging around 60% as well.

This is my rig: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/7FzYcf

16. long_chicken

long_chicken Rookie

Hi guys,

I don't want to open a new thread. I'm planning to upgrade my System immediately. I play on single screen 1080p.

What i will take from my old sys:

GPU Gigabyte 1070GTX
    PSU beQuiet 580W CM-BQT E9-CM Straigh Power

Planning new:

CPU AMD Ryzen 3700x
    CPU-Cooling Corsair H100i Pro
    RAM 16GB(2x8) G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16 Dual Kit
    MB MSI X570-A PRO AMD X570 So.AM4 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX Retail
    SSD Gigabyte AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD 500GB

Any recommendations?

17. long_chicken

long_chicken Rookie

srry double post

18. Rogue Leader

This is basically what I run except I have a 5700XT and triple monitors (5760x1080). This will have no problem with ACC, the 1070 may not allow you to max graphics on 1 screen, with the GPU I have I can get about 100fps maxed out on 1 1080p screen. It is normally a good bit faster than the 1070, however this game favors Nvidia cards, so you may be able to get up there if you want. It will definitely do over 60fps for sure.

That PSU while good at the time it came out, is a nearly 10 year old model, and getting to the point that I would replace it. Generally if you get nearly 10 years out of a PSU you got you money's worth. They do degrade over time.

19. McGraw

McGraw Racer

Personally I would avoid X570 and gen 4 SSD unless you have a specific need for them. Just go X470. Those Gen 4 SSDs are waste of money right now.

Save the money for an upgrade to your 1070 when Ampere comes out.

I have a 4790k and a 1070. I play at 4k downscaled to 1080p and with some compromise to mirrors get pretty much rock solid 60fps even at night and rain in full grid.

You'll be good.

20. long_chicken

long_chicken Rookie

Thanks for your inputs. I'm planning to upgrade the grake+PSU in one or two years to play VR.

Regarding the PCIe 4. For sure the PCIe4 SSD+MB costs some coins more, but that I treat myself.

21. Stains

Stains Simracer

I just got triples (1080p) and ACC is hard on my PC :( Got lots on Low now where at 4k i was maxed out but resolution scale was at 85% ! I hope Kunos can find performance for us triple users !

donShere likes this.