1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Blog Aris Drives

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Ecnelis, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Thank you guys! Let me know here or in the YT comments any questions or things that you'd like to see covered or whatever.

cooknn, Radfahrer and ignission like this.
  2. ignission

ignission Simracer

I'd like to learn a little more about wind direction, how it's simulated and how it affects the car. Also, you see an arrow in the menus indicating the wind direction relative to the car, but where is this reference point taken with regards track position? I find it a bit confusing :eek::)

3. azzah

azzah Simracer

My guess is that when the arrow shows wind direction relative to the car, the reference is... the car and the direction it is currently facing.

4. Ule

Ule Gamer

Hi Aris!

There was discussion on forum about wet/dry racing line in wet conditions. It would be cool if you could elaborate this topic and how this is simulated (or if its simulated) in ACC.

5. Tobias Queck

Tobias Queck Racer

Hey @Aristotelis :)
    Always watching your videos and enjoying them!
    I would really like to see some suspension, damper and bumpstop setup procedure. Recently i started using damper histograms in MoTec, but i cannot get to the usually recommended ~30% low speed, ~20% high speed distribution in the Porsche 991.2 GT3 R.
    One more question about this topic: Isn't the relatively low sampling rate causing the highspeed movements to be underrepresented in the histograms, as those impacts are usually damped in very short durations?

Cheers !

6. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Gamer

It might just be the Porsche's suspensions.

Even in Project Cars 2, where the damper transitions (the threshold between the use of slow dampening or fast dampening settings) is a setting you can actually change, the lowest transition setting for the 911 was much, much higher than the other GT3 cars, which means that fast settings in the dampeners are engaged much more rarely than in other cars.
    Therefore - if in ACC the damper transitions settings are anything like that - you'll get very tall bars on the low speed dampening and very very short bars on the high speed dampening on the histogram.

Tobias Queck likes this.
  7. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

8. Aristotelis

Terribly sorry for the delay in the stream yesterday. Xsplit my streaming software of choice, had great issues connecting to my YouTube channel. After an hour of fiddling, I managed to stream with nvidia geforce experience... hope it was ok.

You can watch the stream on the link @Ecnelis posted above and you can also download the setup created, here:

Attached Files:

Radfahrer, Wolf WolfZ, Ule and 6 others like this.
  9. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for your efforts to get the stream up and running, 2am finish for you is quite a commitment! Was a great watch and much appreciated, thanks.

Wolf WolfZ likes this.
  10. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

Cool Aris, very very good stream as usual and the setup is excellent, Thank you_:)_!!

Andrex likes this.
  11. WallyM

WallyM Alien

The thing that is frustrating me at the moment, in the Vantage V8, is that I am trying little setup adjustments (aero balance, ARBs) from the aggressive defaults, but my lap times are barely changing. Maybe my changes, just one or two clicks up and down as Aris suggests, are too small? Or maybe my driving talent has hit a limit and no amount of setup change is going to find me a silver bullet to get faster. All these setup options, and the only thing I ever end up changing is tyre pressures...

12. nimp

nimp Racer

You are more than likely not pushing hard enough then. If you are not on the limit of what the car can do, changing setup wont do much. Almost everything you do in setup is meant to maximize and shift around cornering grip and if you dont use that 100% all you will notice from setup changes are things like straightlinespeed and brakeperformance.

WallyM likes this.
  13. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Useful stream Aris, something that i was already doing and some other that now i've learn.
    So many thanks and bla bla bla.
    But i'm been really happy to see is the part about the "user's setup" (stream from 2:25 and beyond).
    This reminds me the iracing's time where to be fast, you had to go with an "almost-undriveable" setup like in your example and try to survive it or learn the whole car behaviour. Setups so... buh... extreme or... unreal that only good players (not drivers) could manages.
    Rear end always sliding and front end always super precise and nailed to the road, push the car in high speed into the turns, following the correct line with the wheel and turning the car with gas and brakes.
    In the stream you said the magic words: "fear to turn the wheel". **** yes. This, absolutely this was that experience, from the entry level Mazda mx5 to the most powerful aero-cars.
    It was really frustrating, REALLY FRUSTRATING, knowing it and knowing that it was the best way (the only way?) to be fast. It was frustrating that all the fanboys said "this is how a real pro driver drives his race car, obviously you are not a pro driver and you have never driven a real race car so you suck" and absurd theories like that. To me it has been always clear that in rl noone could drive more than 5 minutes in that way if he didn't want to die, to me it was clear that something, somewhere in the simulation was broken.... but you know... that was/is "THE PINNACLE OF SIMRACING" (while in background... "U. S. A. - U. S. A.") :rolleyes:
    Obviously, time has spoken, so now even iR drives and simulates a race car in a very different way.
    But yes, is always a good feeling to see that sometimes what you feel in a simulator can be right or wrong, and that some kind of communities can be soooo wrong tring to defend the impossible :D
    So thanks also for this (involuntary) further confirmation about it. :D

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  14. Aristotelis

Thank you everybody for your nice words.

I have just posted the 3 new TL;DW - Too Long;Didn't Watch videos from last Friday live stream on how to create a custom setup. I have 6 more to post and then 2 Q&A videos... yup...

15. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Aris, I really enjoy your videos, for my taste they could even be longer, so many details to learn about...
    Only one thing I can complain a little about: when you read a question from chat, you're so fast that I don't understand what you've said, English is not my native language too, so...
    I respect the effort you and the whole Kunos Team put in this project, thanks!

16. Aristotelis

You are right @[ATF]Shanti I will pay attention to read the questions clearly and then respond better. Sorry about that.

Radfahrer and Wolf WolfZ like this.
  17. Aristotelis

18. Great vids, but what i do not understand: at the beginning you soften the car, and in the middle you make it stiffer again (but if i have understand right, only at the front).
    And can you give a short rule for bumpstop range: When should i use bumstop values higher and when lower? I have noticed that when i have rear bumpstop at 50 (like in most aggressive presets for the porsche), the car will sit on the ground in fast corners with bumps (like eau rouge or schumacher-s when going over curbs). if i lower the rear bumpstop to 20-25 or something else, the car is more stable in fast turns when it's bumpy, is this right?

19. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Aris, you talked about finding reference points for all moves... For breaking it's more or less "easy" but how to connect breaking, turn in, exit?
    Someone says to find the right points you have to work backwards... Where the car has to be at turn exit is starting point for whole procedure?

20. Aristotelis

Thanks! In the videos I try to show you what the changes will give you and how to understand what the car is doing from such changes. Of course I could make the car instantly stiff and use whatever values I know they would work for that car on the circuit, but that wouldn't let you understand why I do the changes.
    By going first soft I demonstrate to you that there are good things from this choice, and also bad things. Then I go stiff and get a different set of good and bad. And then I compromise to find the best solution.

In the video I explain bumpstops. Most of the time you need stiff and bumpstop use at the front and avoiding them at the rear. But there are situations as you describe that a bit of bumpstop at the rear helps a lot. Again you need to find the correct compromise. Your example is correct.

I would start with an onboard either real or from ytubers on the sim. stop the video when you see them turn in, go on the accelerator, change gear. Stop the video and look left and rear for reference points. Then try to replicate. Continue doing this as long as you can. Also start doing it on your replays. You will turn in and accelerate by "eye" at first. Go to replay, stop the replay at the point you do so and find reference points left or right on the track. Identify them and see if you can nail them lap after lap and then maybe do it even better.
    By repeatingly doing this at some point it will become natural to you, to search and use them.

Radfahrer, Wolf WolfZ, Ule and 3 others like this.