1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER 1.2 - Competition Server changes

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Nov 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

Still not going to be a guinea pig, I'll be stopping in the window until I see someone else do it :p

2. ? can someone put me in the picture, I fail to understand this, sorry for being daft

3. azzah

azzah Simracer

If the race is one of the "you have to make a pit stop" types, then you don't have to wait for the "now's the time to pit" period in the middle of the race to not be disqualified at the end of the race.
    You only have to stop once and change tires. Do not pass "go". Do not collect 200 dollars.

4. xX-Chris-Xx

xX-Chris-Xx Gamer

what' anoing me is that i lost Connection to the cp Server whitout any reason in the 1h race the 3rd time in a row in a very good Position! is there a possible work around ore an Dump File who i can look whats the Problem?

5. Shooter80

Shooter80 Racer

Previously, if there was a mandatory stop, you had to pit and change tyres during the 'pit window' in the middle of the race.

Now, if there is a mandatory stop, you have to pit and change tyres, but there is no 'pit window', so you can stop any time during the race you like.

6. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Are you sure about the no pit window? Because I got the message for pit window in the only CP race with pitstop rules I have done until now.

Edit: nevermind, I reread your post and this race I mention was some weekends ago. Maybe they changed it or maybe both variants exist.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

7. They changed it yesterday at the 20:00 race.

Unkraut likes this.
  8. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Another great race this evening.
    Strange, i start the free practice with 0 CP as usual, and during qualify, in the middle of the session, my CP was updated to 10.
    Now is updated again after the race, but this is normal, i think.

Anyway, good quality of life in this CP races.
    Drivers out of lap let you pass during qualify, global good attitude during the race, finally a briefing time after the race where exchange and share some chit chat with the other guys.

I hope that Kunos continue to push hard in scheduled race, adding features and making the "competizione" side of acc more complete and let it be the main point of the whole sim.

9. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

I agree, I have done 5 or 6 CP races and had many good clean battles with many respectible drivers. All with clean starts as well. Lapped drivers aren't causing any issues either and get out of the way as soon as they are able. For me the CP servers seem to be very close to league racing in terms of respect from other drivers on the track which is great.

Now we just need a CP server in APAC for Australia and Asia and we'll be set :)

Wolf WolfZ likes this.
  10. Well, the only one I was in so far, the chat was horrible, very abusive and a lot of the action midfield was rather dreadful, too, though I managed to avoid it all. Maybe I just got a rotten one, better luck next time

11. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

To be honest, i've raced only into 1hour "endurance" races, cause to me this is the perfect setting for GT3, with daytime progression and pitstop (@mino, why don't always pitstop in 1h races?).
    Maybe this king of race attracts only or more """serious""" users (i know, ugly term but i don't know how to explain better...) then the other format.

Of course my experience here is very limited, i've had only 2 CP races after 1.2. But for me, my stats for now is 100% clean races in CP servers (i mean clean race for everybody, clean chat, lapped guys that let you pass, global sporty attitude, high racecraft).
    I even don't remember when i've had 2 consecutive clean races in the free servers.
    I haven't raced anymore into free server since my first CP race, and if the quality will remains the same, probably i'll never do it anymore.
    Hands down, i prefer only 1 or 2 proper, clean,good races per week, rather than several 15/20mins races with a poor quality.
    If only we could have some kind of score or... some global ranking or whatever, the idea of actual CP races would be almost perfect.

Imho.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    eracerhead likes this.
  12. But that's what we have already. Your starting number is some kind of ranking. You start with 900+ and if you get points, your ranking will increase, until you're maybe are the number 1! And if noticed, that the splits of the server are in fact also done with the race number and some other values. For example, i was yesterday 2200 at the 1/4 CP server, with start number 177. And I was one of the guys with the highest number, many guys with <100 were there. But i still don't understand, why there were also some guys with 900+ number, don't know which ranking is also used for splitting the servers.

13. I think it was some kind of bad luck... i did at least minimum 20 CP races and only in 1 or 2 the chat was abused and i think 18 of this 20 races were completely clean with nearly no contact and great racing and fights.

14. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

mmhhh, not exactly.
    Now we have rating about this or that, which is good.

What i'm taking about is a ranking or score or call how you prefer. Something that counts our results like in a championship. I explain:
    1- Now we have a "cicle" of scheduled racing, and this is GOOD.
    2- This cicle has a beginning and an end, after that it restats, like a championship, and this is good.
    3- Would be interesting to have a virtual leaderboard about an entire cicle of races, that's what i'm talking about.

We already have a cicle of 2 kind of races + 1 "single-shot" race (45min, 1h, 2h).
    If you think about it, is already possible to regroup this races in 2 different championships: "sprint champ" for 45mins only, "blancpain champ" for 1h races or "endurance champ" for 1h races + the 2h race.

We already have split division for CP races, and this can be used for leagues, (because obviously we can't run all together into te same races) or for to apply a different scoring system (because into high split server there are aliens way way better than 4th split server).

Server side nothing must be added, wich means no adding "living" costs for Kunos.
    What is really need in the end (and that's the point i'm talking about) is a score system.

I know that's not something that Kunos can't do in a week, i know that after 1.2 CP races are under investigation for future evolution.

My suggestion isn't a complain indeed, on the contrary, it is a very positive feedback.

15. Ok, got you now. I'm not sure if this is the right way, because then someone has to take part on every race in the series to not miss some points. For me it's great like it is, i can drive a CP race if i want, and if i have no time, i do not have to.
    But maybe additional to the existing CP races.

16. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Among 900+ numbers I saw one guy who took part in e-sport events, so it was likely a glitch in numbering.

17. david m

david m Racer

no, it's probably because this e-sport guy probably has done few races and his ELO and CP rating is very low for this reason. At this moment his rating don't reflect his level, he need to keep doing CP races so the system know how good he is, and then he will have more ELO and more CP rating and his position in world ranking will be better then +900.

Until the drivers have made enough races in the official CP servers and their CP rating and ELO reflects their real strenght, we will keep seeing strange things like very fast people in split 3/4 or 4/4 and with number in Worl Rankings bigger than 900.

You can be very fast , but you can't compete against drivers doing 15 races a week if you are only doing 1 or 2 CP races in a week,at least you will need some more time to arrive to your rating.

It's a good system, but it need time to everybody have his ELO adjusted to his level.

18. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

There are several online championships that works in a different ways, some better than others but in the end, they works.
    See iR o SRS with AC.

Who is interested in championship does every races (or what is need to complete the championship). Who doesn't care, just run the races like we do now. Everyone can use the CP servers as he prefers.

The introduction of a point system doesn't take anything away from anyone, it just adds a whole new dimension for who is interested.

19. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Ok but then why was he in split 1?

20. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Maybe there was only 1 or 2 split for that race