1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What screen are you using for ACC?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Stekelly1980, Apr 13, 2019.

?

What type of screen are you using for ACC?

1. Super ultra wide monitor 32:9 (chg90 etc)

11.8%
  2. Ultra wide 21:9

19.2%
  3. Wide screen 16:9

36.8%
  4. Triple screen

14.3%
  5. Vr headset

17.2%
  6. Dual screen

0.7%
  1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

That is quite a unusual and interesting setup you have. I can not understand where you place your legs as the lower portion of the seat is pointing towards the ceiling..

2. Vunnible

Vunnible Racer

It was originally built to be an exact F1 seating position, which it still is when I move the TV behind the pedals and raise them to F1 height (there's no way to place the TV behind the wheel and have your feet as high as an F1 driver and the correct POV; it has to go behind the pedals). The attached pictures should help. Playseat makes a quasi-F1 rig that comes close, but it's far from a true replica (photo). It's not easy to find dimensions, but this setup is virtually identical when it's in 'F1 mode.' A friend of mine designed the layout based on a **** load of research; I just built it to that design.

Of course once I got to simming I discovered that the best sims (ACC being the best by far of course) are not F1 sims, so I made a few adjustments to make it more GT-esque. With the pedals at the current height I'm sitting about the same orientation as a GT driver, just tilted backward a bit. The seat is shockingly comfortable, so no reason to change it. I've fallen asleep in it before...

Attached Files:

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@Vunnible - I use to have a F1 playseat a while back so I know where your coming from.. The screen in front of the peddle box was throwing me.. It maybe the picture angle however it also did not look like you had much room between your wheel deck & seat. nice setup for open wheelers.

4. Vunnible

Vunnible Racer

Picture angle for sure. It’s close but there’s still a few inches clearance from the wheel base and tv; no interference at all unless I gain 300 lbs. here’s a better angle.

Attached Files:

Coanda likes this.
  5. 15 inches laptop built in screen. it's not bad. the screen itself is awesome, but the graphic card is the bottleneck lol.

6. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Bought the Samsung 49" SSU screen last week and I have to say it´s awesome for driving. Also like it for other applications, but in driving it really shines ;) Also it runs quite well at native resolution with the 2080 Super.

Tim Larsen and Atak_Kat like this.
  7. I just bought a Samsung CRG9 49" 1440p / 120Hz / Freesync2 and it's phenomenal. I'm driving it with a GTX 1080 FTW for now, but seriously thinking about getting RTX 2080 Super. The 3080's just got announced, so I'll hold judgement until we get some benchmarks on them.

This monitor has definitely taken things to the next level. I previously was using a 27" ASUS PG278Q.

8. McGraw

McGraw Racer

3080 announced? Please link. Thanks.

9. dave967

dave967 Racer

10. McGraw

McGraw Racer

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. dave967

dave967 Racer

Hey Jonny sorry to offend you, thought i was helping..

12. McGraw

McGraw Racer

You didn't offend me, I was just really excited thinking that there was a set date for Ampere.

I also jsut realised you're not the person who said it had been announced!

13. Creegz

Creegz Racer

I got super lucky and caught an MSI MAG341CQ for around 600CAD on Boxing Day which I am quite happy with. I don't know why I hesitated so long for ultrawide considering I play Dirt Rally and F1 as well.

14. ZX_Master

ZX_Master Rookie

How many guys are running a 34-35inch ultrawide here? Anyone have a cockpit image they can share at 3440x1440?

I would really like to go for a 43 or 49inch ultrawide, but they are just too expensive here and space is a bit of a problem currently as well...

LeDude83 and Creegz like this.
  15. Creegz

Creegz Racer

I personally feel the 34 is adequate enough. I stream with it and my visibility is excellent. I attached a screenshot of me using helmet cam mode (I prefer it because I can see the mirror and the head tilt also points a bit in the direction I want) with a 55 FOV set if memory serves.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  16. Ästhetiker

Ästhetiker Racer

I love to see this poll... now everybody can see, that VR isnt a „niche product“ which only a few people use... look at the % in the poll :rolleyes:

I know, someone will come and say:“ the poll only represents the forum, and in the forum are more enthusiasts.“ but f*** that opinion...:p

The thing with the niche product only counts for me in other game genres, but not for Simracing... the last years VR became very much popular...

17. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I can relate to that - I'd like to get a 49" monitor but not a 1080p but 1440p one and those are very expensive, indeed.
    So I will keep my 34" 2560*1080 monitor for now. IMO, this size is sufficient, anyways so if I upgrade at some point, it might just be a higher res/Hz 34".
    As for cockpit image: I can share one, later. I run a FOV of 28 and I use a trackhat so that I can slightly (!) look around in the cockpit. The combination of this monitor size and the head tracking is pure gold in terms of immersion and has a very good buck/bang ratio. The ability to just slightly adjust your view to check your mirror or look at the apex is all you need, pretty much. RL race drivers do kind of the same.

Have you considered using a more realistic FOV? 55 is way too high - mathematically correct should be what I use: 28. Of course this is a matter of personal preference but yeah...55 is a bit too far off IMO.
    Also, I can only recommend the ~70 € invest for a trackhat set.

18. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

I've been checking into those. Do they work well in acc? Does it impact fps in any significant way?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  19. C49RG90 until one week.
    I had 3 22" IIyama and tried to update for 3 Asus 27" led - VG279Q ; but had problem with calibration and Nvidia Surround, so I changed my mind for one screen with a little refund from Samsung .....; price is near from the 3 Asus.

Deathbox_2112 likes this.
  20. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

No, it doesn't affect FPS in a significant way. I don't know if it even affects FPS, at all.
    And yes, it works well in ACC. You only turn on the system and the view in ACC starts to move around as you move your head. When you turn the system back off, ACC goes back to static view. You can configure everything to your individual preference with Opentrack.
    On my system, when I move my head around there's a slight smoothness decrease in the image. But other users I've asked didn't notice any of that and sometimes it's 100 % smooth on my system, as well. I think it's something on my end that I haven't found yet.

Bottom line: 100 % recommended for ACC. Such an upgrade is incredibly good value given the immersion boost.

Edit: IMO the best thing about this is that you don't have to resort to an unrealistically high FOV, anymore. Many people run very high FOV because they want to see stuff in the cockpit. IR tracking allows to see stuff in the cockpit while using a more realistic, narrow FOV.

Atak_Kat likes this.