1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Spa *BigGrid* race event / stress test

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MrGit@Twitch, Nov 6, 2019.

1. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Race was good, thx Mr Git.
    My apologies to Mr K Stuck, for the pit manœuvre in the first lap. It wasn't intended at all.

2. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

Bloody amazing racing today, great stuff !!!

3. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Sunday great.

4. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

Good Morning. Looking forward to the wednesday drive. Is there allready a decission what track we will be driving on?

5. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

Morning everyone, Yesterday's race went off great and even though it was a late announcement, we ended up with 45 drivers at the start, so from February 9th, we'll start the Sunday BigGrid as a regular event in addition to the usual Wednesday one!

Will embed the stream here once it's done processing on YT, but for now have a look how close the finish was...https://clips.twitch.tv/BelovedKindPonyArsonNoSexy

EDIT:

Track for this weeks race will be Misano and again it'll be a 60 minute race with CP server rules of tire change and refueling not allowed.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    GoBo and Guido Trampe like this.
  6. BTL.357

BTL.357 Gamer

Nice. Could you update the OP accordingly, please?

7. MrGit@Twitch

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Not that I would be joining these races due to being the other side of the world. But wouldnt this sort of racing be ideally setup as public servers.

Seems a bit counter productive hiding the good stuff behind servers hidden from the main lobby in a private club type setup even if its intended for general public access.

There are limits to what can be done in public servers but as some devs are relatively active with this stuff, surely they could see allowing big grid open server events with restrictions would be a benefit to the general user base and growth of ACC in mp.

Others could also try similar things in other regions. ;) If we need to promote all cooler events externaly as the lobby does everything possible to hide it from the general user base it just seems a bit odd to me.

Im also amazed this thread hasnt been shoved over to the online league/championship area other such topics tend to get moved to and killed off.

As general discussion isnt allowed in that section meaning most of us cant even promote open server racing in the general discussion or mp section of the forum where they will have much more success. :rolleyes:

9. Maciej Malinowski

I think the whole point of that one big even that already made a name for itself (that’s why it’s separate) is that is for those that really want to experience exactly what we do here, those kinda enduro races with lots amount of cars, the sad truth is making it public could ruin that experience due to really random stuff and some random people that can be seen on public servers, of course that doesn’t mean we close ourselves in our group, completely opposite, we spread the word as much as we can trying to let people know that there is such even we organise and they are welcome to check it out and take part,
    We just want to make sure that for those people that are investing probably their whole one evening to race with us it’s gonna be the best experience they can possibly get and some best racing they can get :)

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Isnt the rating restriction kind of designed to allow such events and only get people that can race decently. Obviously you wouldnt run any decent public server without strict restrictions and they work well when used. ;)

Isnt this already mostly public, using SA restrictions too but just hidden from the main lobby. With password access to anyone above that SA level I dont see how the user experiance would be changed by allowing such servers into the lobby. You may want to raise restrictions if needed.

Its just a shame, ACC could be so good in open servers with the ratings it has, but then its designed to massively limit the useability of public servers making the ratings mostly useless. :oops:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  11. m~Daniel

m~Daniel Rookie

ACC doesn't allow public races with more than 30 slots afaik. At least according to the server handbook ;)

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

ACC doesn't even allow much of anything in public servers, the original big grid tests were done with custom server builds (possibly still are) as it still doesn't allow very large grids on private server on most tracks, this was provided by devs afaik. No reason not to make custom builds to test extra features for public servers.

Amazing how many people say that Iracing is the best for MP racing, one of the main reasons is you can get good casual pickup racing without needing to join some private group. Everything there is easily visible within the game and website without needing to hunt out private groups.

Then in ACC nearly every cool feature is hidden behind private servers which aren't even visible in the lobby unless you search for the server name. This is in the same game that went to so much trouble to make ratings where we could easily setup more then basic pickup server racing in open servers and keep driving standards high, then the actual limitations on public servers are so high vs what's possible in private ones there is hardly any reason to run or join public servers. :rolleyes:

These servers are promoted in every way possible to attract more people yet the easiest way to get more people notice them would be if it was visible in the lobby and people could join if they meet server restrictions, heck if people saw a server with 80 people racing in the lobby and it was above their current ratings. This would likely also give some more incentive to improve their ratings to be able to get into such servers. ;)

XettMan likes this.
  13. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

I dont understand the "private group" thing. If you are sometimes present on this forum, chances are you read about this event. If you did... you could find name of event, time and date and the password in the 1st porting. Whats private about that?
    Also, its quite full every week. So apperently there are lost of racers that can find there way to this event.

14. Maciej Malinowski

Also you need to know that it’s important to keep significance of the even , to make it special, different than others, if everything would be like it then what’s special?
    And do you really think that 80 cars in public lobby would work? Come on, you can’t be serious, I know there is rating but SA won’t filter people as much as passworded server that makes sure that you know what are you signing in for

15. Maciej Malinowski

I could ask why iRacing isn’t doing 24h races every week if they are so popular,
    Popularity and greatness comes from the fact it not available for everyone, therefor you feel special while participating,
    Otherwise 80 cars will just make a mess at turn 1 Monza, half of people is there because “Oh let’s see what is this” they just in without practice, they crash at T1 they leave, they say the game is ****, of course it is, it was totally games fault you didn’t know how to behave with 80 cars at T1, and few of those people are enough to destroy half of the field right at the beginning

m_box97 and Guido Trampe like this.
  16. MrGit@Twitch

Quick note so everyone doesnt miss it, but tonight BigGrid at Misano starts @ 8pm and is a 60 minute event /w forced pitstop for tires but refuelling isnt allowed (like the CP servers)...now onto the above.

I can't speak for the devs, but for me why isn't it available in public servers? Even with your favourite meal, you have it all the time you'd get bored of it, which is why atm it's one per week, but soon to be two.
    Also, i did originally have the thread in the multiplayer section, but as the tests demanded a high turnout of drivers and due to the fact unless your setting/running your own server, you'd never go to there = dead thread and no drivers to test things which is why it's here.

The events have been a massive help in tweaking and adjusting ACC multiplayer (grid size and netcode), so the end result is it benefits everyone in the long run....aside from my bank balance keeping the dedicated server running over the last year! :D

17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Not particularly regarding your servers, but there simply is no option to do anything similar in a public server at all. Also nobody else can have a thread here open for discussion regarding organised racing private or public.

As devs are clearly active in what your doing here I just hoped they may be able to also give some tools to everyone else, to try similar things and not only in a private club in Europe.

Regarding where the thread is, devs have moved nearly every thread with people trying to organise public server racing into the dead league section for who know what reason. Not by choice of the OP as clearly there is no discussion in that section as its not even allowed.

I tried to have a discussion regarding global racing on our Singapore hosted servers then someone moves the thread to where nobody can discuss it. :rolleyes:

Here is the thread I started a while ago but abandoned as its a lost cause over there.

Here is a thread moved the other day with a guy trying to run public hotlap servers. Moved to the dead forum section. Best way to kill that topic. ;)

18. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

m_box97 and Kill_A_Rue like this.
  19. MrGit@Twitch

Me right now.

[​IMG]

Guidofoc likes this.
  20. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Evrything's gonna be allright...;)