1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. redlinezak

redlinezak Racer

Am I right in thinking then that the original assetto corsa does not need nvidia surround as that works fine in triple screen?

2. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Correct.

3. redlinezak

redlinezak Racer

Got it working now thanks. Some oddities in that if I turn triple screen on then my wheel becomes very sensitive so I just leave the resolution set correctly but triple screen disabled.

Thanks for the help

4. domidomi

domidomi Gamer

Did you end up using Surround? I don't have that option, for a multitude of reasons (not the least of which, the fact that i find it unlivable outside of games), but since i just got AC1 running on triples by simply adjusting the video.ini to read 5760x1080, i thought i'd try the same in ACC. Now when i edit the menuSettings.json to read resolution as having x be 5760, it doesn't read. It's like the game flickers on triple monitors, but then goes back to native. I'm guessing someone will say that's an Unreal engine thing (and i don't buy it, cause it clearly works on surround, and what i'm doing is no different when fulscreen windowed).

I'm just wondering - how did you do yours?

5. Great job kunos! The triple screen support is perfect. I can't believe you did it with unreal engine! Respect... The game is better and better. Bravo.

FatnSlo, Sword and its.me like this.
  6. Jakkison

Jakkison Gamer

Actually I’m playing with single 27” monitor 144hz QHD but really cant find a good FOV to use. That’s why I’m thinking to buy 3 x FHD monitors 144hz or oculus rift s... Still cant decide what would fit better on my pc with i5 9600k, 16gb ddr4 @3200mhz and RTX 2070. Any suggestions??

thanks

7. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

Both will give solid performance issues. The Rift S even more than 3x 1080p. Look at my specs below. I am doing ca 70 FPS with most on medium setting (CPU and GPU overclocked as well)

8. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

Good morning guys, I have a 2700k cpu and a GTX 1070 SC. I was wondering if a will be able to run triple screen, or I shouldn't bother.
    Right now I'm loving my 4k 60hz HDR but is not competitive. I didn't know playing in a telly can make you lose time in racing. So I was wondering, is it worth the hassle ?

9. Jakkison

Jakkison Gamer

Omg, can't immagine performance loss on VR...
    I should consider triple screen then

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  10. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

I also (stil, is for sale) own a rift cv1. On low specs cant make the 90fps treshold for solid performance.

11. OldNSlow

OldNSlow Rookie

For reference, I'm getting low 70 FPS (Single Car) & low 60s (20 Car Field) at Epic/High settings @ 5760x1080 on 3x27" Dell 144hz monitors. These are being powered by a 7700k/ 32GB Ram/2x MSI GamingRTX 1080TIs.

Nvidia surround @144hz requires the use of display ports, of which the 1080ti only has two, requiring me to run two monitors from one card and the third monitor from the second card. Even at 60+ FPS the game is payable without any shuttering or frame loss.

I may opt for the 2080ti as it has three display ports, however unsure I'll see any performance gain over 2x 1080TI in SLI, plus bottlenecking with the 7700k. All in all, I'm very happy with Triples over my Oculus CV1 which is a blurry mess.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  12. Woobat

Woobat Rookie

At this point I'd just wait for next gen. Its not that far off.

I got the same specs as you though just 1 1080ti and I'm running the 7700k at 4.8 with ht on. I can hold 60 fps with 20 cars at 5760x1080 on high settings. I also have a pimax 5k+ for all the other sims but acc is pretty much useless in vr. Hopefully by the time ampere or navi is here there will be at least some further optimisation. For now I'm more than happy to play acc on tripples, same as you

OldNSlow likes this.
  13. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

Slight correction. nvidia surround does not require display port for 144hz. 144hz @1080p over HDMI requires an HDMI monitor capable of 144hz over HDMI, and can be happily mixed with display port in a triple surround setup.
    That’s how I drive my triple set up: the main monitor for general gaming on GSync over display port, the other three on are: centre on displayport, sides on hdmi, all 1080p @ 144hz. From a gtx1070

14. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@f.e.negroni

I have an Aorus 1080Ti Extreme and i can't drive any 144hz monitor over Hdmi. I had to use the 3 Display Ports of the card to do that. Not even mentioning that my "recent" AOC C32G1 were not accepting 144hz over Hdmi too....

Could you share with us your screens and video card references cause it can interest many future users.

15. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

Asus Strix GTX 1070 O8C. Two Hdmi 2.0 and two DP ports.
    3 x Acer KG271Cbmidpx with HDMI2.0 and DP Ports. Accepts 1080p @144hz over HDMI. Unfortunately not gsync-compatible ‘approved’ but it is free sync compatible.

16. OldNSlow

OldNSlow Rookie

Hmm strange I found my MSI Gaming GTX 1080ti to only support 144hz though the display ports. Connecting one monitor via HDMI 2.0 and the other two to Display Port only allowed me to set Surround @ 60hz

In addition, I use an Oculus Rift (in other SIMs which utilizes a Display port. One card isn't enough for all these connections. Unless someone sells a Display Port splitter?

As I mentioned earlier I've like to upgrade to the 2080TI, but I don't think one card is going to be enough as I require four display ports. Two 2080tis will be like $2200. :(

17. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

Not all monitors accept 144hz over hdmi. I specifically selected that monitor for this exact reason. Took a bit of research including downloading manuals before buying.

One more caveat: when you use an hdmi connection, there are two 1080p modes in Windows: TV and PC. You need to select from the PC list up get the option for 144hz refresh rate.

18. OldNSlow

OldNSlow Rookie

Good to know. Thanks for sharing. :)

19. Jakkison

Jakkison Gamer

Well, bought 3 x MSI MAG271CV 144hz monitor, FHD, g-Sync compatible

Connected 3 monitors to 3 MSI RTX 2070 display ports. Running game with gsync at high @ 70-75fps. Really happy with that :)

20. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

As far as I know only those monitors, connected with Displayport. Freesync is not compatible with HDMI

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk