1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New to tintops and ACC

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Will Sutton, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Will Sutton

Will Sutton Rookie

Ok its PC and have a Fanatec DD2 and a GT3 911 R that I just purchased. Basically have just raced open wheelers in iRacing but thought I would give ACC a go.

Basically its not working for me, have no idea on what settings to use in the game or even what settings to use for the wheel.

Not after car sets but settings to set the game up in ACC and if someone has a similar hardware combination some settings for the wheel ( have the latest beta drivers from fanatec )

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Will it get cross party not just cross play on consoles? Saturday at 3:02 PM
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Communicating with accServer.exe (previously acRemoteServerUDP) Mar 14, 2024
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Time of Day adjustment on AC Server Maker stuck at 8:00-18:00 even though I have full version ACCM Mar 2, 2024
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC on PC with Controller | Race Element /ps5 controller activate triggers Feb 28, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC will not recognise my Elgato steamdeck Feb 15, 2024
    Bug reports ACC Restrictor parameter Feb 7, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC Official Server higher requirement Jan 30, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC LEAGUE AUSTRALIA Jan 29, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC Time Trial Jan 24, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC me funciona mal Jan 17, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC Telemetry - timing gaps Jan 15, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Dedicated Server shows up in Lobby without ping value and cannot be accessed Jan 11, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals What's happened to ACC FFB Jan 3, 2024
    ACC Physics Differentiate AC and ACC Shared Memory With Different Naming. Jan 3, 2024

3. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Do what everybody else here has done, try things out, and do some searching .

Also known as door slammers,... :)

4. Will Sutton

Will Sutton Rookie

and dont you think I haven't already done these things ? have done enough to be able to drive a lap or 2 but it just doesnt feel right or to be more exact.."enjoyable"

can spend 30 mins here and then go to iRacing and drive the Pro Mazda around the Nurb and have a huge grin but since I have purchased ACC I want to see if I am missing things in how I have set it up

What I do like about ACC is the support for the mouse and the ease of using the menus unlike F1 and the graphics compared to iRacing are so much better and more vibrant

5. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Maybe somebody can post a setting as a start for your wheel, other than that, search, experiment and learn.

,... "enjoyable" isn't really a term I would use to describe how a sim feels, more like "accurate" or not, "detailed" or not, "informative" or not for example,... my opinion anyway.

And associate with steam, you should have come across that when you were searching.

6. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

7. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

Hi. I haven't fully followed the many different threads on settings, but I think that many of them could be misleading if they are based on the older Fanatec drivers/firmware. So below is using beta driver 352, and WB FW 669, which had some pretty massive changes compared to the older ones.

I'm not an expert with all the various settings, but I do like my settings quite a lot and it might be helpful as a starting point. I use the DD1 (Podium PS4 version), and currently the Porsche 918 rim. So it's a slightly larger diameter I think, but should be pretty close to the new Porsche rim feel. (I somewhat dislike the smaller diameter rims like the new F1 v2 rim, which came with my Podium PS4 version.... I just cannot find a good driving result or ffb happiness with this smaller diameter... )

In game, I don't change much/anything. Gain 100, Min force 0, Dynamic Dampening 100, Road Effects 0, Frequency 333, Steer Lock 1080, Steer Linearity 1.00 and Brake Gamma 1.00.

On the wheel, or in Fanalab, I have
    SEN auto,
    FF strength 30 (with DD2 or your wheel maybe you prefer different)
    LIN 0 (linearity)
    NDP 5 (natural damper)
    NFR 2 (natural friction)
    NIN 0 (natural inertia)
    INT 4 (FFB interpolation)
    FEI 70 (force effect intensity)
    FOR 100 (game force effect strength)
    SPR 100 (game spring effect strength)
    DPR 100 (game damper effect strength)
    ABS 95 (brake pedal vibration threshold)
    SHO 100 (vibration strength)
    BRF 80 (brake force)

Hopefully it's helpful and you like the result.

8. Will Sutton

Will Sutton Rookie

thanks atak,,,yes, with the latest drivers and all the added settings it can be a pain......have tried a lot of settings and they just dont have that right feel......and with all the settings its a minefield as to what you change next

thanks Guidofoc..will look at those links

9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@Will Sutton - Welcome. I have a DD2 so you can try my settings if you like, which is close to the fanatec recommended ACC settings. See here:- https://forum.fanatec.com/discussio...izione-pc-fanatec-recommended-settings#latest

These settings will result in realistic torque forces throughout the corners.

Never mind the steering the angle. I like to set it per car however you can follow the others advice above and set it at 1080. I am using driver 346 as beta driver 352 has cooked a couple of users DD1/DD2.

acc_steering_settings.jpg

fanatec_settings_acc.jpg

10. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Apologies for using this thread, but is also related (DD settings), so, I’m considering to eventually buy a DD wheel but, as I’m seeing here, and also in other threads, those who have it, set a low % of FFB strength.

Related to Fanatec DD, in particular, 30% to 40% of FFB strength is around 6-7,5 nm / 8-10 nm of steering peak force and 4,5-5,4 nm / 6-7,2 nm holding force, for DD1 and DD2.

I’m aware that DD wheels aren’t only a matter of force but precision, detail and responsiveness, but still, my question for you, DD users, is:

if you opted to use a lower FFB strength % because it’s closer to the force you may be used in regular wheels (Thrustmaster, Fanatec), thus a matter of making things easier to transition to DD;

or, nonetheless the force % used being closer to regular wheels, there isn’t really the need to increase the forces all that much;

and, if the strength % used is relevant or not to have the perception of all the details the DD wheels are renowned for, meaning that, for this aspect, it really isn’t necessary to crank up the forces to notice the details, the same would be to say that, with a FFB force around or slightly higher of the normal wheels, the DD already gives a much sharper and detailed feeling.

11. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Having transition from Fanatec CSW to DD1....I run the average force roughly the same, although I never have any clipping now so in places such as eau rouge I experience higher forces than with the old wheel. Your certainly don't need to turn the forces up to feel the extra fidelity and benefits of a DD wheel....although if you feel like giving your arms a proper work out in an old lotus F1 car it's nice to have the option!

Luis Branco likes this.
  12. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

Just one opinion, from a guy that doesn't know what he's talking about, but does knows that he really likes his DD1.
    - There are people that like the really high strength and use it a lot. Personally, its fun to try, but not so fun when you get a snap or something and realize really how powerful those things are and what injury they can cause in a split-second. I got a nice snap the other day on 35% and it still hurts.
    - Sometimes I turn it up a bit, sometimes down. But almost never more than 50%. I'm happy to enjoy the game, I don't need to prove anything or impress anyone with the wheel strength I prefer. I don't think my skill level will improve by forcing myself to turn up the strength even more.
    - I just want the FFB to seem more natural or intuitive. I have no idea what realistic is. But I do know there's a certain zone where things just seem to make sense. When the wheel is vibrating and shaking and doing all sorts of things under the umbrella of 'feedback'..... well that just becomes confusing and distracting to me. But there's something more to the DD wheels when you realize they are able to move from the world of 'feedback' and into this world where you just feel what's happening and don't think about it....

I came from a T300. So the change is quite significant. It is just soooooo much smoother and more enjoyable to use. I was always frustrated to figure out FFB, and looking back, it was probably due to the trade-off between weight/strength and clipping. Now with the DD1, I can keep a decent wheel weight, but the effects are not limited/clipping. And to be very honest, the biggest challenge I found was to find the right level of the effects spiking (I think FEI is quite important there, also Natural Friction, and now the recently added FFB interpolation helps a lot).

Is the average nM I drive with similar to my old T300? Maybe close, but I think it's a bit heavier. Not much though. You're correct.
    Is the overall quality of the FFB similar enough for me to say 'why did I buy a DD if I don't turn it up?' Not even close. It's like another world to me.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    CrimsonEminence and Luis Branco like this.
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Simracer

Even with a CSL, the FEI value makes a HUGE difference in detail of the effects here, also, how they're peaking and how fast. This option in the Fanatec settings is pretty important, if you want everything, what the game can deliver, without getting it to violent in the end.

Atak_Kat likes this.
  14. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

So, would I be correct to think that there isn’t any significant difference between choosing DD1 vs DD2 or Simcube 2 Sport vs Pro (from looking to the specs, the main difference, is the strength available)?

To put it in perspective, I’m not seeking for an increase in strength but details, and if I can have them just the same with a “weaker” DD version, I’m happy with it.
    The different DD motor strength have me confused about the advantages of choosing a stronger model, considering that, generally, all DD users use just a small percentage of the total force available.

15. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

I have no idea. And probably comes into the world of the experts.
    But I have ZERO need or intent to upgrade my DD1. Maybe that will change in the future. But I don't see how nM strength really comes into it, to be honest. It has much more to do with the FW and drivers, as far as I'm concerned. The latest Fanatec FW and drivers were a really big change.

16. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Someone knows in wich range the real GT3 Cars delivers steering wheel forces at Driver's hands?

17. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

From Aris last video stream, the steering force in GT3 cars is soft and is not all that different from a road car, however, what is quite different are the G forces that are felt while turning, but related to the car movement rather than to the steering force in itself.

18. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Ye, I watch Aris vids... I want to replicate forces at wheel as realistic as possible,
    so some data would be helpful

19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Simracer

I've heard from steering torque around +-6 Nm one time, they got power steering, so it shouldn't be much more, i think...

[ATF]Shanti likes this.
  20. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I believe it peaks at about 12nm actual feel.
    Remember that you have to account for both wheel resistance and G force

Don’t remember where I read the 12nm thing to be honest but seems about right in the high g force corners for GT3

[ATF]Shanti likes this.
  21. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Aris’s quote from a while back

CrimsonEminence and [ATF]Shanti like this.