1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 162 – More manageable at Magione

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jan 18, 2020.

1. gamma500

gamma500 Hardcore Simmer

Congrats 365gt!
    An improvement always feels glorious.
    Now I'm going to try to kick your butt.:mad: Wish me luck.

2. ddsmak

ddsmak Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ddsmak
    PC
    20200123221408_1-1.jpg

3. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

It certainly does,cheers mate.
    Good luck and let battle commence:p

Totall Wrytoff, gamma500 and Neilski like this.
  4. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    365gt
    PS4

@gamma500 ,Your turn:D

IMG_0956.JPG

5. gamma500

gamma500 Hardcore Simmer

365gt, Totall Wrytoff and Neilski like this.
  6. gamma500

gamma500 Hardcore Simmer

That post didn't work well. I messed up the quote. You get the idea though.

365gt, Neilski and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  7. WHC 162 Saturday Standings (corrected!:))

1. eXistenZ - 1:18:731 PC
    2. Leif - 1.20.170 PC3.
    3. F1415182235 - 1:20.284 X1
    4. DriverModFTW - 1.20.438 PC
    5. Totall Wrytoff - 2.20.911 PS4
    6. Sissydriver - 1.21.578 PC
    7. Biner - 1:21.691 PC
    8. Ddsmak - 1.22.061 P
    9. 365gt - 1.22.101 PS4
    10. Laughing Gravy - 1.22.222 PS4
    11. Alexis_RS_MKII - 1.22.945 PC
    12. ChaosChris - 1.23.245 Xb1
    13. Gamma500 - 1.23.288 XB1

Instead of a summary today, I thought I would post a cutting from the Saturday edition of the Lapping Times:

---------------------------------------
    :eek: THE LAPPING TIMES :confused:
    ...........Your Saturday Expose!!.................

** "RSR TELLS LIES SHOCK!" **

Has RSR gone around the bend?
    Who types all of those times in anyway?

upload_2020-1-25_13-57-6.png
    By our roving reporter:

It now seems the Assetto Corsa Live Timing website RSR is not worth a pixel!
    In a scandalous and shameless absence of responsibility, WHC's fastest driver has been removed from the top of the leader board for the Ruf CTR at Magione.
    WHC thread poster Totall Wrytoff, 21, said "It is a scandalous and shameless absence of responsibility. RSR says one thing one week and another thing the next, you can't trust it all!"
    In fact, a week ago, on Saturday 18th of December the WHC 162 thread reported: "RSR? Ha! Once again eXistenZ is top of the RSR with a 1:19.294...." but there is no sign of that now, let alone a mention of his fantastic, online-database-destroying lap time of ONE MINUTE, EIGHTEEN POINT SEVEN THREE ONE SECONDS!
    An anonymous source from the gutter level ranks within RSR said, "it is probably motivated by jealousy, the guys here have been trying all week to get a 1min 20 but they're several seconds off and furious about being thrashed every week."
    Another source was quoted as saying "eXistenZ has a long and difficult name to type so perhaps they got bored of having to type him in as the No.1 driver in every combi?"
    The deputy assistant to the WHC's Global Head of Communications said "This doesn't matter a sausage, eXistenZ has posted his debut film this week, called "Faszination at Magione," which shows he can drive as well as Stephan Roser!"
    However this steaming embarrassment for the geeks at RSR resolves, one thing is clear, they need to update their software. We'll be keeping an eye on it!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    LeiF, Laughing Gravy, ddsmak and 5 others like this.
  8. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

9. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

@gamma500,Merci:)I have a feeling you're going to pull one out of the bag?
    @Totall Wrytoff- I Improved with a 1.22.101;).Are you having a bad day?

10. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

he tests whether we even read his posts :p

11. Apologies to @sissydriver and @365gt , I have corrected your times and positions, well improved!
    Yes, feeling a bit fuzzy this morning. Everyone else OK?

:D
    (Let's hope RSR reads this one!)

Apologies again!

12. gamma500

gamma500 Hardcore Simmer

Sorry 365gt, I have to renege on my challenge, unsportsmanlike I know.:(

I have decided to make the plunge to PC ($$$). I have disconnected the trusty old XB1 and am in the process of setting up the PC. It's downloading AC now. Then of course I have to install Thrustmaster drivers etc., Hope to be back up soon but it may take awhile.

I hope it's worth it!

13. DriverModFTW

DriverModFTW Hardcore Simmer

PC is worth every penny! Feel free to ask any questions regarding setup.

sissydriver, gamma500, 365gt and 2 others like this.
  14. WOW and COOL! Very much looking forward to hearing what you think.... I've been having the same thoughts.
    I bet you are instantly faster!:D

sissydriver, gamma500 and 365gt like this.
  15. That's quite a few pennies though!!
    I have been thinking about it too, but I only play Assetto Corsa.
    I am impetuously and recklessly spendthrift and so far, just for Assetto Corsa, my bill looks like a bit like this:
    AC disc.........................................£40 (I think)
    Playseat.......................................£300 (or so)
    Fanatec, wheel/ pedals/ stick....£1300 (or so)
    So another £500-£800 for a PC, (which would only be used to play AC (and obvs ACC)).... even with my perspective, seems loads, perhaps even too much....!!:D
    The mental argument is ongoing.:)

16. DriverModFTW

DriverModFTW Hardcore Simmer

I thought you already have the clubsport v3 pedals? What wheel base/shifter do you use now?
    My entire setup, including the upgrade to clubsport v3 pedals was approximately $2,500 USD after buying the game.
    -PC build = $1,300 ($500 in gpu which, in hindsight with more knowledge, was a mistake to pay that much for my specific model..live and learn! $300 for my monitor, again overpaid and would do it differently if I did it again)
    -Clubsport v3 with performance brake kit on black friday =$300
    -Thrustmaster ts xw (xbox&pc compatible) + th8a shifter = $830
    -I custom built my rig out of $40 worth of lumber from Home Depot lol

Once you get into pc it's a lot of fun to try different sims like rFactor2, automobilista, iRacing, raceroom. I mainly stick to assetto corsa due to this forum but the other sims have their specific strengths and different aspects of fun due to such variability in content. Just my own opinion, iRacing sucks lol it's a rip off and the licensing structure is little to be desired..there are some HORRIBLE drivers in rookie and class D so I really dont bother with it much. Also, quite honestly the feedback from driving in it is nothing compared to the other sims. rFactor2 and automobilista have some pretty great feedback right up there with Assetto.

17. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

@gamma500 .Like TW I look forward to hearing how you get on;)
    @Totall Wrytoff - hope the fuzz has fuzzed off;)
    I've been thinking about a PC too but i can't seem to actually take the plunge:eek:

18. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Ok guys, even if I am rather new to these challenges here I'd like to make a statement.

In autumn last year my RSR account was deactivated for the first time. The app stated "problem with connection - please contact the admins". My first thought was, that the app was once again not working like it should, so I went through the trouble to reinstall the game SEVERAL times. No success for two weeks.
    After a while some other very active RSR member contacted me about what happenend, I told him I did not know, because in the meantime, I contacted all the admins on this board - no response. I turned out, this member more or less went behind my back to the admins and told them he was not sure my times are legit. I was pretty shocked, as I had that guy in my Steam list and he never came to me to ask for any demos etc. That means, I was simply deactivated - for no reason, without a checkup. I was never contacted by anyone about anything. I was never asked to provide anything.

People that have asked me any specific Assetto stuff know that I always try to be helpful and even give personal lesson if required. I would have given this guy everything if I was asked. I was really disppointed that time as he requested the demo from me to check by himself and THEN tell the admins they can reactivate my account, when all appears legit. So I did and I was activated again. But this is surely not the way this should be handled in my eyes.

So now I am deactivated once again with ALL my times removed from RSR. The reason? I don't know - I just don't know. But I have a feeling...I believe once again someone protested and I was blocked, just like that. So, once again I contacted the admins - AGAIN NO RESPONSE. So as you might know, I just started uploading several laptimes of my records on RSR on YouTube for anyone to see. Just go see my profile. I even provided the admins the links and will share more in the future. I was asked why I do not upload anything. The reason is simple, I do not have a lot of free time and the time I have is spent on Assetto Corsa. I never saw the sense behind uploading anything as this required a lot of work, for a few views in return. I was just never bothered with it. I just want to relax and drive a few laps when I get home. Nevertheless, back to topic. It turns out, several people where talking behind my back and to each other but not to me unfortunately, which is really disappointing in my view. I never thought I had to defense myself this badly and the fact that I am stigmatised as the culprit by the admins is really something I did not expect from the sim community. I hope they will contact me and make up their own mind - my times are legit, for anyone to see. Heck, anyone is free to come to my house so we can race together and talk about AC.
    I really hope the matter is resolved quickly and the admins contact me for once.

Best regards
    existenz

And now get out there and drive that RUF ! ;)

@Totall Wrytoff: Get second hand Fanatec gear. I was able to get superb set with two wheels and the 2.5 base plus shifter and V3 pedals for under 1000€. THe seat was an additional 100 :D

Biner, sissydriver, 365gt and 6 others like this.
  19. gamma500

gamma500 Hardcore Simmer

I have fought the battle you are engaged in, I lost!
    I used to spend tons of cash modding my real life car, that was my outlet. Having done everything I could possibly want to do to that 5.7 L beast, I'm left with sim racing. As my vehicle is somewhat of a cop magnet, I can only pretend race after a few beverages (my other outlet).

Will it be worth it? Probably not but I'm frugal elsewhere. I also have friends who are deep into iRacing. I prefer AC but at least the option is available now.

365gt, Totall Wrytoff and Neilski like this.
  20. gamma500

gamma500 Hardcore Simmer

Don't be surprised if you get a 'Conversation" request from me. Having problems getting my Thrustmaster buttons mapped, gnu settings as well. Hard to tell as the PC has been in a steady state of downloading since I plugged her in.

I greatly appreciate the offer and will probably take you up on it.

Thanks again, I may be in over my head in terms of setup!