1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Custom Weather Scenario Like RF2

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Ertan, Feb 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ertan

Ertan Rookie

In RF2, you know that you can decide when to rain, when to clear, how much rain and how many degrees of hotness. All up to us. Can't you add the same option to ACC? Now we can decide how it will start but we don't know what will happen later.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Custom championship under the hood weather setting values Oct 24, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Weather Wet Custom Race Sep 25, 2019
    ACC User Interface [V1.0.1] Custom Weather Memory/Save Jun 5, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Custom Weather Bug in VR May 8, 2019
    General modding discussion Ds-fx graphics mod: custom weather and pp filters Jan 5, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Weather cannot be changed in custom careers, locked to clear. Aug 3, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Custom weather selection in multiplayer May 5, 2015
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Weather manager v1.1.0 - now set specific weather for your custom career events Jan 7, 2015
    General modding discussion Share your custom postprocessfilters / colourcurves+weather settings Oct 20, 2014
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Again, a discussion about Lexus custom liveries Apr 1, 2024
    ACC General Discussions Warn people about Customs charges on new merch Mar 25, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Full custom GT3 grid Mar 19, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Running ACS.EXE with Arguments for Custom Races Oct 19, 2023
    ACC General Discussions New LFM Custom BOP on the making! Sep 7, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Custom resolution for 48" 4K TV May 17, 2023

3. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Like in real life ;)

4. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

That's not a valid argument as it's not real life, it's a simulation. We can reset cars to the pits from anywhere on the track, like real life?

5. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

That would be good for SP, but not for MP races

6. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Weather simulation of what? Of real life... you don't know exactley when start to rain and I like this.

7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

8. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

The introduction of weatherslots doesn't mean dynamic weather will be removed from the game. They can coexist.
    Especially for league racing it would be great to be able to predetermine the weather, or atleast implement a scale to avoid thunderstorms. As much as I like dynamic weather, certain types of weather shouldn't happen during a league race as in real life the race would be red flagged.

And a HUGE difference with real life racing is that you do know when/if it will rain, atleast to some extent. In ACC you can see a mere 30 minutes ahead, beyond that you're 100% clueless about what type of weather will come up. This doesn't reflect real life at all and can severely impact that choices you make setup-wise. In real life there's weather forecasts that can tell you if it's gonna rain in a couple of hours.
    Add a time multiplier in ACC of 2x and the weather forecast gets reduced to 15 minutes. If you have to drive a 1 or 2 hour race with 15 minutes of weather forecast and are completely blind beyond that, how can you make a proper strategy?

9. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

I have to disagree with this as dynamic weather as implement in ACC allows for evolving weather not completely random weather (particularly true if you use not crazy weather randomness values) so if you see sun in the 30' forecast it's very unlikely that you'll have heavy showers in 35'. In reality you have weather forecast for 2h but it's not accurate in changing conditions for an area small as a race circuit.

10. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

It has been clearly answered by the Kunos team that it is not going to happen.
    My understanding is that it is not even possible because of the way the weather is designed and works in ACC.

At the beginning, since I was used to the old way of me deciding what the weather was going to be in the other SIM with weather change, I thought that it was missing.
    Now I love it and wish that the other SIM would offer the same type of weather change as in ACC.

I hope that, like me, you will learn to appreciate what we have in ACC.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.