1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

OldNSlow likes this.
  2. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@f.e.negroni

You found your sweat combo then....

I personnaly never came across a video card that output 144hz and Freesync over Hdmi, even top of the line ones. They must be really rare video cards and manufacturers never market these features... such a shame.

3. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply the card can do freesync over HDMI, only that it does output 144hz over HDMI, and the screens can if necessary do free-sync over DP and HDMI, but not with my card because they are not "g-sync compatible" certified.
    The screens can receive 144hz over HDMI, and Nvidia Surround will happily mix HDMI 144 and DP 144 in a triple set up. In fact you can also mix g-sync and non-g-sync in a triple surround setup.
    To do freesync over HDMI, I believe you need an AMD card.

4. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@f.e.negroni

On recent 144hz screen that handle Freesync, you can activate Gsync compatibility mode in Nvidia Control Panel.
    Go to G-Sync configuration and then activate G-Sync Compatibility Mode and apply to your surround screen setup. It works good on some screens and really bad on some other ones....

But as you are using Hdmi ports, there is high chances that it does not work for your setup.

5. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

Yeah, that mode for some reason does not work in Surround when using a mix of DP and HDMI.
    G-sync does work in mixed mode in a surround setup though (If I put my g-sync monitor as a centre screen on DP, and the two side monitors on HDMI)

Uppi93 likes this.
  6. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

This is completely not true. I have freesync running perfectly via HDMI on 2 different systems with different monitors and GPUs.

My main gaming system has a Vega 64 LC with a Samsung CF791 running freesync over HDMI at 3440x1440 100hz.

My Sim system has 3 MSI MAG27C the middle running over DP the two sides over HDMI, all at 120hz (since it doesn't do 144hz over HDMI so since I'm running in eyefinity the DP monitor is limited by the HDMI ones), Freesync on and running on all.

7. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

I’ll have another go tonight and see if things have improved

8. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

Could it be that this is supported by AMD but not Nvidia? If I am wrong then I am glad to have learned something. But almost sure that nvidia+hdmi is not supporting freesync

9. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Yes you are correct. Sorry I took your answer out of the context of the discussion being about Nvidia GPUs. Nvidia enabled G-Sync to work with Freesync monitors but it requires displayport to work. In fact G-sync itself even on G-Sync monitors requires displayport.

Guido Trampe likes this.
  10. Stains

Stains Simracer

Hello , i have 7700k/1080Ti but seem to be getting CPU limitations in triples , if i turn Off mirrors its better but still right on the edge ! I really want to have mirrors On as it really kills immersion having big black rectangles for mirrors :( Im new to triples and fully blown away by them but really still looking for settings that are smooth ! Would you please share your in game and any ini file settings or just any tips for ACC in triples with our hardware ??
    Thanks

11. Stains

Stains Simracer

Could you share your ACC settings please also ?

12. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Using very similar hardware I'm afraid there's not much you can do except drastically reducing opponents, shadows and maybe resolution scale, und none of those do all that much.

13. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@Stains

What are your actual fps results and what do you expect to get ? Because i had a similar setup with a lower CPU 6 month ago and it was not an issue at all.... without lowering graphics that much of course.

I was getting 55 fps in triple with quite everything on epic except 2 or 3 options on high. Today with a new X570 mobo + 3900X + 32 Go Ram i am getting just 80 fps so you can see that it's hard to get a lot of improvement on UE4 engine even with recent hardware.
    Getting a 2080 Ti would probably get more Fps but how much ? 10% more... price does not worth it at the moment so waiting for next gen nvidia cards.

14. Stains

Stains Simracer

Im getting dips below 60 fps only to 55 ish but as i don't have freesync or anything and don't like tearing I use vsync and it stutters :( if i turn off mirrors it's pretty solid 60. I really like to have mirrors on though.
    What CPU did you come from? I'm wondering what CPU I need to get, more cores or faster cores? Also I wish it wasn't a matter of brut forcing fps and Kunos could optimize mirrors more if possible.

15. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@Stains

Ok so your FPS are quite good for a triple setup. You can still lower some graphics settings if you want to gain more Fps, this is up to what is acceptable for you...
    If you want to change your CPU i would still stick with Intel, don't make the same misstake like i did, switching to an AMD Ryzen. You can't OC it a lot, it has lower results vs Intel in games at same frequencies, some random weird crash in many games...

The Ryzen is the typical example that more cores in games are actually useless.... maybe in a future but not now.... like ray tracing. :)

At the moment, i would not change anything in your setup before the release of next gen video cards, maybe try to clock your GPU with Afterburner through curves if not already done. But if you really can't wait and want to up your system then stick with a 9900K or 9700K + a good Z390 mobo and keep your 1080Ti ;)
    You may take a +20/25 Fps at same settings.

16. Stains

Stains Simracer

But will ACC benefit from faster cores or more cores ? I can push out to 5GHz if needed , will need to delid though as it does 5.1 but get super hot with stock TIM or do i need more faster cores ?? Ive seen the benchmarks done on here but the cores scaling benchmark was done using a replay and Kunos said that is single core dependent so that test was pretty useless :(
    I really need someone with same setup but better CPU to test the settings i run with and without mirrors .

17. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Its still generally faster cores over more cores. ACC does use a few, but it’s only two or three that are heavily loaded.

If you have 6 cores or above focus on faster cores.

Stains likes this.
  18. Stains

Stains Simracer

I have 7700k , so 4c 8t with 24/7 clocks of 4.6GHz but will do 5.1 but will need to delid for daily at that !

19. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

This thread got my trying to improve my FPS in heavy scenarios again. What kind of FPS are you guys getting in the following scenario:

Quick race @Nürburgring, 02:00 AM, heavy rain, full AI grid (29 opponents), starting from 20th.

On my hardware the FPS basically stay at 45 for the first two laps, then it seems to picks up a bit when the field spreads out. If somebody can stay around 60FPS on similar hardware through race start I'd be very interested in your settings.

20. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

Cpu is clocked to 4.800 mhz
    Settings in ACC

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Stains likes this.