1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing Unreal

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by el_goe, Sep 13, 2018.

1. rikirk

rikirk Racer

2. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Prices will have to come down a helluva lot for that to become reality.

GCCRacer likes this.
  3. rikirk

rikirk Racer

they are already equivalent to a good monitor - besides will resolve anyway because of the demand.
    its' a trend a developer in the gaming industry can't take the risk to deny today if they want to be in the market tomorrow.

chksix likes this.
  4. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

5. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Steam needs to collect user hardware data automatically for their %ages to be valid. They are apparently still using surveys.

Epistolarius likes this.
  6. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Yeah but I can do software dev on my screen as well, and lie in bed and watch something on it. My wife also does her photo editing on it. VR isn't nearly as flexible - you can't nearly replace all the functions a screen covers.

For some of us, the cost of having VR just for gaming doesn't make logical sense, racing hardware is already expensive enough.

GCCRacer likes this.
  7. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

But it’s still the only easily accessible set of large-scale gaming stats available. Most other VR stats include all uses including commercial, which still constitutes the majority of VR users. Also, the graphs above are just industry predictions, which haven’t been entirely accurate for the last few years. VR will undoubtedly make its way into mainstream gaming but will never entirely replace monitors which will still be needed by those who are affected by nausea and those who also use their systems for things other than gaming.

8. rikirk

rikirk Racer

Next Level Motion new feature for the ForceSeatPM published today: Added support for Unreal Engine 4.24.
    Wondering if this is related to the release of v1.3

9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

UE4 really shows it's weakness at Bathurst and takes a little bit of the shine off all the hard work Kunos have done with this track. A track being so close to walls and tress the tunnel shadows and tree LODs transitioning draw you in lap after lap. Yeah I'm a little OCD and I notice these things whilst hustling over the mountain. I wonder if Unreal have anything in the pipeline to combat this behavior..

10. larsbeite

larsbeite Rookie

Unreal Engine and shadows: 10:55

Serge M and Epistolarius like this.
  11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

The ray tracing thing on a large scale improving performance is very interesting. If I’m not wrong it’s exactly the scenario that racetracks get hit with, a heap of objects casting a shadow based on the sun as the light source.

At a guess we will see this looked in to further once the 3000 series Nvidia cards with all their improvements show up

Whitestar likes this.
  12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

RTX... I'd be far more happy if majority of games today were not injected with blurry / ghosting AA methods like TAA.. How long does does this have to exist..

13. Psit

Psit Alien

I know right, whats worse, is that many younger players haven't even had the opportunity to play without the blurry mess so they think its normal.

Coanda likes this.
  14. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

The jury came back and we have a verdict.
    I had my doubts about UE4 as a good decision for ACC, since 1.3, not anymore.
    This VR/gtx1080ti is 100% satisfied. ACC in it present state is my favorite VR driving SIM experience.
    Perfect? No, favorite.
    Other, like PC2 or AC with CSP and SOL look good, are sharper, but at the same time do not look as real as ACC.
    I am converted, UE4 in ACC wins.:)

on a different subject, not related to this thread but still in this thread
    Yes and by the same source, using a wheel or driving with triples is also a niche market. we , ACC user, are all in a niche market by that type of survey, but it is not representative of what we are doing inside that niche market where a majority drive with a wheel and either triple or VR

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    rikirk and sissydriver like this.
  15. rikirk

rikirk Racer

. steam-monthly-connect-headsets-december-2019.png

Being directly related to racing games, this graphic is a good indicator of how quick the market is shifting.
    When Codemasters will go full on VR it's just a question of time and that will definitely move the needle volume wise.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

True. 2k GPU's and fancy gaming monitors that look like sh!t.. tisk tisk..

17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Something like DLSS could be the solution. When that works it works really well, possibly the most impressive part of the RTX features.

Coanda likes this.
  18. The whole team try still to add mouse support. :p So adding VR will need a long time.

GCCRacer, rikirk and Coanda like this.
  19. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

It also needs massively better tyre physics, way better ffb (it’s numb and uncommunicative now) and an actual ERS system that doesn’t involve switching modes every corner.

20. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

From GDC last year:

Recently, NVIDIA worked with Epic to integrate Adaptive Temporal Antialiasing (ATAA) into Unreal Engine 4. This new approach solves for the weakness of TAA (temporal anti-aliasing) - blurring and ghosting artifacts - while remaining light enough to avoid introducing a significant performance hit. ATAA results are remarkably close to what a developer would achieve through 16x supersampling, with operations that fall within a 16ms frame budget.