1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Spa *BigGrid* race event / stress test

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MrGit@Twitch, Nov 6, 2019.

1. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

2. Micii1

Micii1 Racer

3. MrGit@Twitch

Yup, a possible 105 drivers, so I'll need as many drivers as possible tomorrow evening to test and push the server towards that mark as @Minolin has challenged me to fill the server!

Server opens at 7:30pm GMT, undecided on the SA limit as I need to strike a balance between drivers and safety, but I'll nail this down today and let everyone know what here asap.

Schroeki1970 likes this.
  4. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

Would be nice to have the option to ghost people with low SA to avoid them causing issues, not sure if server admins can ghost cars manually?

5. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Can you only imagine how immersion breaking that would be? Especially for those that race in VR

6. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

I join most of these big grids and I don't know what's more immersion breaking: some cars being ghosted (not visibly, mind) because they can't behave or pileup after pileup because some people with SA20 don't know their braking points and keep slamming in the back of others. It's the main reason why I usually opt to start from the back in these, the sheer carnage from the rookies is mind boggling at times.

7. MrGit@Twitch

Well,for a start server #1 has never been below SA60 and as tomorrow's event is more of a test as such it should be treated as one...and if it all goes well and we get to the end of the race that's a bonus. :)

8. Serge M

Serge M Alien

This is where the rating system comes in. People who dont know how to race with others and how to brake in a pack shouldn't really be allowed in to these races until they do

9. rycil

rycil Simracer

Hi there,

I post here because I think there should be many people with big grid experience.

I have a performance issue and I would like to understand what could cause this. I have read a lot the forum here and can't really find an explanation so far.

I am racing VR (7700k and 1080ti) and I can maintain 80fps most of the time in MP.
    But above 25 cars on track the fps go down and I have strange stuttering. It can be smooth during 10sec and then stutters for no reasons.
    And whatever the graphic settings (low, no shadows, no mirrors...).

We had a race with 40 cars with my private league and that was almost unplayable.
    What bothers me also is that the replay of this race on a 2d screen (HD resolution) is also with a lot of stutters. And same here, lowering the graphics don't solve the issue.
    And any replay with 20 cars is butter smooth.

It seems that there is a bottleneck somewhere, like the high number of objects/poly to handle in the scene whatever the number to be drawn.

Any help would be very welcome as I am about to leave my league :(
    Thanks.
    Cyril.

10. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

Which VR set?

11. rycil

rycil Simracer

Rift S

12. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

Have you tried joining the ptc on the Oculus Home? There is a nasty performance issue in v12.0 of the Oculus software.

13. |BAD| DavE

|BAD| DavE Gamer

When does the race start today?
    I’m thinking if I can get the time.
    Thanks in advance

14. MrGit@Twitch

OP has been updated to include the news Sunday event details and SA changes. :)

Also, just for tonights #BiggerGrid test it'll be a 60 min race instead of the posted 90 /w an open pitstop window for compulsory tire change and no refuelling allowed. We'll take up the 90 minute Sunday races next week.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    |BAD| DavE likes this.
  15. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

Since race is 60 min and nog 90. Will start be at 7.30 pm or 8?

16. MrGit@Twitch

Server is live and I need drivers!

17. MrGit@Twitch

We tried but failed!

Ended up starting the race with 67 drivers in the end last night, so i'll be trying again in about a month or so for that 105 limit.

Results : https://simresults.net/200209-6ME

Streamable vid of the leader fighting off 2nd place towards the end of the race and a couple of screenshots at the start.

https://streamable.com/36xds

Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.02.10 - 08.25.25.36 Thumbnail.png

20200209223830_1.jpg

18. Tiger Feet

Tiger Feet Racer

I think Mr Nobel needs banning from the livery editor :eek:

19. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

This caused a row in my house last night. Wife working on her laptop on the computer desk refused to move at 7.30pm despite half day notice...

A good gaming computer was laid to waste. Had been practising Suzuka all that day too. Next time for me.

20. Nobel

Nobel Rookie

Please no it's majestic! :D:D

chksix and Tiger Feet like this.