1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Lap time based AI

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Sheptek, Feb 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheptek

Sheptek Rookie

What do you think about lap time based AI, is this possible or plausible?

If we had AI based on our own lap time this would mean closer racing for each individual track. You could have the front of the packs pace based on your best times with the rest based on incremental steps down from your best. This would mean you’d have to be at your best to win, also a difficulty setting could be used to increase their pace a percent at a time higher than your best to make things more difficult but they would also improve as you do.

I find that with the current setup I find it difficult to find a good setting for each track and some races I can end up in the middle by myself unable to catch the front runners but leaving the rest behind.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Suggestions Progressive dirt layer based on laps completed? Dec 21, 2016
    Bug reports Lap 0 Laptime is way off! Multiplayer Server Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Formation lap counts as race lap Jan 27, 2024
    ACC User Interface Red Bull Ring - real world lap record from Formula 1 Jan 25, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Console VS PC - lap times Dec 16, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Racing/Hotlapping against other players' ghost Dec 3, 2023
    ACC Gameplay No penalties when invalid laps > valid laps? Oct 26, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Lap times and SA assistance please Jul 11, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Initial fuel per lap is wrong for McLaren EVO at Monza Jul 10, 2023
    Screens & Videos ACC | Monza | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 296 GT3 - 1:47.322 May 10, 2023
    ACC Gameplay AI start wet races on dry tires then pit after 1st lap Apr 28, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Career saved game JSON too large and lap time wrong after loading samed game or restart the match Mar 24, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Hotlap Session - start driving and TC and ABS changes Mar 23, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards lap times RESET Mar 8, 2023
    ACC User Interface Indicator that the lap is invalid Mar 8, 2023

3. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

It's already in the RRE and it works well. But I think it'll take too long.
    And as I see it, ACC is developing MP more.

4. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Sorry but I don't really like this idea, its precipitously close to rubber banding which is downright annoying in other games once you realize thats whats happening.

As this game goes for being as pure a sim as possible, the reality is IRL winning every race is damn near impossible, and sometimes you end up mid pack and can't get ahead despite dropping some opponents. And I say this as someone who comes in DFL more often than not.

Dewald Nel and GCCRacer like this.
  5. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Grand prix legends had that. And it was the most frustrating thing ever, no matter how consistent or fast you were, the IA always won. The only way to win the IA was to start very very slow and lap after lap increase slightly your pace, the last lap of the race should had been your fastest lap, that doing things that way ensured that the IA always was gonna be a bit slower than you.

stefanoCasillo and Rogue Leader like this.
  6. David Marx

David Marx Rookie

I do this, but within the existing system. Just do a 20 min quick race at your track of choice at XX AI level. At the completion of the race, check the winner's best lap and compare to yours - adjust accordingly. I'm more interested in sorting out the AI's pitting behavior. They seem to pit with 3-4 lap's worth of time left in their stint. If you don't pit with them, then you lose the close racing as the leaders get spaced out halfway around the track from you......

7. Sheptek

Sheptek Rookie

Interesting thoughts, ultimately I was just after closer racing as personally I would find this more enjoyable. Sometimes being an accurate simulation doesn’t translate to a fun race when there’s no one near you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.