1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Graphics

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by jure83, Feb 9, 2020.

1. jure83

jure83 Rookie

It's been a while since I played this game and I decided to give one more chance. So my issue is with graphic. I have 1080ti,i7 8700 k and 32 gb ram and I'm running signle 49 ultra wide. Cars in game look nice only if they are 10 meters from me and everything else look like ****. Is there anything what i can do to improve it. It just killing me to se car front of me and it looks like one big pile of pixels. Sorry if is in wrong topic. I hope someone will help. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Misano - skybox black flashes, graphics glitches, FPS drops Mar 10, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error - Problem with AMD Graphics Card? - Solved May 7, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions graphics old assetto corsa Mar 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions horrible graphics. Jan 9, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting (1.8.19) UE4-AC2 crashes every time after I bought new graphics card. Dec 6, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Graphics/lag on race updates Sep 27, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting FPS is low with new Graphicscard RTX 3080 Sep 6, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Compeotizione - G923 - turning steering wheel freezes graphics but sound still plays Mar 27, 2022
    Screens & Videos HP Reverb G2 - VR Guide to get 90fps with amazing crystal clear graphics Mar 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Terrible shadow rendering no matter what graphics used Jan 25, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars How to get sharpest/crispiest graphics after V1.8? Jan 16, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 Pro Graphics Dec 22, 2021
    ACC User Interface graphics setup effect by screenshot preview? Aug 16, 2021
    Screens & Videos Classic Cars Trackday at Feldbergring | Realistic Graphics | Porsche 911 RS 2.7 1973 Aug 12, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting The ultimate tweak compilation (smooth graphics, prevent stutter, frame drops) Jul 12, 2021

3. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

What are your settings? Without this information it is difficult to help ;)

4. jure83

jure83 Rookie

I just putted everything on epic and I'm running 100 fps. They are locked on 100 and doesn't going below that

5. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

1080 or 1440?

I have very similar pc with the Samsung crg9 1440p. The cars in distance are not great but overall I'm quite happy with my settings. Will post them later.

6. jure83

jure83 Rookie

**** it. I have 1080 p. Before i had 1440 32 and it was really good so and than I stooped playing and swapped that one for 49 and now I'm surprised how bad it lot

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Have you tried the I game supersampling, that works well in making things look sharper, you seem to have fps to spare. There is also a car lod setting, put that at 100 and see if that makes a difference.

8. jure83

jure83 Rookie

Where i can find supersampling. I have antialiasing on epic

9. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

First, I have recently overclocked my 8700k to flat 4.8ghz. I mostly followed some videos from Boosted Media on YouTube. I don't have the same motherboard, but it's still ASUS and the bios screens were quite similar. He did a good job of explaining a lot of things and I found his vid really helpful. I'm a bit stupid when it comes to overclocking, but it runs really solid at the 4.8 and I don't get any fluctuation or problems that I can tell (I often monitor races with MSI Afterburner just for interest, and the CPU clock graph is dead flat).

My 1080ti is the EVGA FTW3. Haven't tried any OC there, it's a bit confusing to me still.

As mentioned, my monitor is the Samsung CRG9 49" 1440p. Set to use the Freesync Ultimate Engine with 'gsync' turned on in the Nvidea Control panel. Seems to work fine.

(I don't know what can be helpful here if you're at 1080p, but maybe there's something interesting....)

ACC settings that I think help:
    - resolution 5120x1440 (native)
    - I set the resolution scale to 85%. (this is the supersampling, I think. In your case you likely want to try MORE than 100, not less, but it will impact framerate) I spent a lot of time experimenting with this, and for me 85% is a good spot. I don't really notice image degradation (I also need to change the eyeglass prescription, so maybe I'm not with the best vision right now), and my framerates go way up. I found 80% to be too low, and I didn't like the image. Just really rough, I was seeing about 10fps for every 10% I'd adjust the resolution scale. At 100% I was getting approx 65fps with full grids. Now it's typically around 75-80 fps, and goes higher when the cars spread out. Personally, I think that 75-80 range for fps is the sweet spot. Much more and I can't really see a big difference. But from 60fps to 75fps seems like another world.
    - I also put temporal upsampling to enabled (help text suggests to do this when resolution scale is less than 100%)
    - view distance: high.
    - shadows:low
    - texture: high
    - mirrors: distance 180m, quality mid, resolution mid
    - opponents visibility: 20
    - materials quality: mid
    - materials quality: mid
    - bloom, volumetric fog, and folliage lod quality all to low.
    - car lod quality I set to 100%
    - HLOD I have disabled
    - Advanced sharpen filter: enabled
    - I have motion blur enabled.

- Antialiasing I use Temporal, Epic. But I also found that adjusting the image contrast/saturation/gain can help this a lot. The defaults really result in bold colours and personally I don't like that. Seems a bit fake and personally I think it compounds the noticeability of any aliasing issues. I set Saturation to 80, Image Contrast to 0.55, and Exposure Gain to 0.25. This just tones things down and seems much more realistic looking to me. I don't think it helps the sharpness of items in the distance, but I do think it just reduces the obviousness of it. I also find it much more playable at night or low light races. Things just seem more natural to me.

I find that works quite well for me. Hope you find something helpful.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    deni80s likes this.
  10. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

These are my settings. It doesn't look "bad beyond 10 metres" for me with these settings, and I have a very similar system to yours (I had an 8700K CPU until last week and used the exact same settings). Perhaps you had one of these settings set to low or disabled:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. jure83

jure83 Rookie

Thanks boys. I wil give a try to this and let you know

12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

It's called resolution scale