1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A message to all fellow sim racers

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Elrann, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

This is a message to all fellow sim racers over there. I do a lot of online races and often I can see that whenever someone crash into other players, then immediately start verbally attacking others with words like "You're id*ot, F*ck you and die" etc. etc.

I know there is a lot of emotion, even more if you try to race clean and someone dive bomb into you, but guys, please, that happens. Sometimes also I want to tell to these guys, who just try too hard, brake late and crash into my rear etc. to F off and die. It is natural, while race there is A LOT of emotions, but every time I try to keep my emotions under control, and just calmly say to chat that it happens. And that is true. IT HAPPENS, everyone should avoid incidents, but it sometimes happens to everyone. I have 99 SA and also I do sometimes mistake. It is part of racing and thanks to it we can improve and learn from these mistakes.

Yesterday on one of our servers I saw in chat again that someone started verbally attacking someone else. I reviewed their collision and it was a race incident that can happen. So I decided to give ban to those, who verbally attacking others with dirty words in chat even after I tell them to calm down.

It is very easy to be chat fighter. In real life, these guys probably would not have balls to tell F off to others face to face.

Being a good racer is not just about speed and consistency, but also about the ability to keep emotions under control.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface What is Minimum Message Priority in HUD settings?? Oct 26, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Kicked message in results.json Sep 21, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Gamecrashes without a message Jun 24, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Need help with this error message Apr 24, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Crashes without any error message Jan 30, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error on startup with no message [amdxx64.dll crash - gpu driver reinstallation] Oct 12, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC crashed to desktop without error message Sep 30, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Error message with tracks Jul 18, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Crash without error message [Fanatec driver memory leak] Apr 1, 2022
    Sounds modding Error Message when attempting to mod in different sounds? Mar 31, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Random CTD without error message Mar 8, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Continuous “Please Refresh” message on CP server [PS5] Feb 5, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting [1.8.6] AC Competizione CTD without error message [Fanatec driver memory leak] Dec 5, 2021
    ACC Gameplay AI rain strategy & ENG message ignore forecast Nov 30, 2021
    ACC User Interface Warning CPU usage message when leaving pits Nov 24, 2021

3. Cravenor

Cravenor Gamer

I would say, telling someone, that uses your Rear in the first Corner zu fully deaccelerate his Car from Full Throttle, that he should rather play Mario Kart is fully ok, because this Guys shouldnt Race in MP. How you verbally adress this, is the main Problem. Some just forget their Education by using more then strong Language.
    Telling People that they are doing something terribly wrong is ok, the question is How you Voice that Information.

Just my 2 Cents.

4. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

That's the reason I prefer loose a position instead to have a contact that destroy my race.

5. Freespace

Freespace Gamer

I instantly remembered how many beeping we can hear at F1 race radio messages when driver had been crash by someone. Hope FIA ban all this dirty drivers because they can't control their emotions.

6. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

As I say, it is totally ok if these two drivers talk about incident, but saying just "F off id*ot" not solve anything.

Yeah, but this is just comunications between driver and his race engineer. F1 drivers not say F off to each other often after the race face to face, just Magnussen.
    Also FIA gives fines if someone behaves improperly.

chksix, CrimsonEminence and Freespace like this.
  7. Freespace

Freespace Gamer

Good point. Not everybody are grown to that level mentally. I sometimes try, but sometimes anger take over.
    I don't think that calling someone "He is a f ****** id ** t" over a race engineer radio that are also hearing by 500 millions of F1 audience is even close to say that in 20 players server chat. What they say to each other in person when cameras is of we don't know.
    Also IRL they have penalties for bad behavior. What can stop me from being a-hole on ACC server if i don't care about my SA rating? Hopefully admin. If he is present on the server and been able to see dozens of incidents that happen through session. So people try to give to a "bad person" some kind of punishment by they self, trying to insult him.
    It's just a game. But some one take it more serious than others. That when the problems begins.
    In the end we all have different temperament. Some one like Vettel can't control their self even if then they have a BIG penalty afterwards. Someone like Hamilton can. Does Vettel a bad person I don't think so. He say sh * t on the radio but I'm 100% sure he regret about it after (Just like me :)). And i can tell you even risk of being banned probably can't stop me from saying sh ** in the heat of the moment.
    So basically what you trying to do is ban all the Vettels from your server and keep Hamiltons.:)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    Elrann likes this.
  8. Turk

Turk Alien

I noticed that too. I don't understand how they're so quick on the keyboard. Typing stuff is pretty much impossible for me in VR, but even when I was on single screen I couldn't type and drive and I couldn't get a response out so quick.

9. spaceweed10

spaceweed10 Racer

You mean like Grosjean, Vettel, Verstappen, Senna, et al? :).

10. spaceweed10

spaceweed10 Racer

Aliens can make tea and masturbate at the same time too.

11. Freespace

Freespace Gamer

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  12. Carlos Barros

Carlos Barros Rookie

**** happens as you say. However I don't see those that cause an incident to wait and give position back, which would avoid a lot of those silly comments.

Freespace likes this.
  13. Freespace

Freespace Gamer

+500
    Offtopic.
    Once on CP server i read in the chat from one guy in top positions (he fast so he always right) that you don't need to wait for a car and just discuss incident after the race so he don't lose any positions waiting for you. No penalties for collisions. Maybe minor SA drop from SA99 to SA98 at worst case.

14. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

Well, that's a must for me. I DO try to do that. I make mistakes. When I do, I always hold up and let the guy pass me.
    I agree, I don't see the same for me very much, but I'm a heavy believer in the Golden Rule.
    Hope to see you out there!!!

ignission, Pernando Alomso and Elrann like this.
  15. Freespace

Freespace Gamer

Probably you are still young in your heart:). Real world doesn't work like that from my little experience. I'm believe that there are different rules for different people.:)

16. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

Most leagues (and communities) that I've raced in have this as their golden rule in and attempt to create harmony - doesn't always work (creating harmony), but penalty points / bans for breaking the rule normally does the trick. Public server racing is different.

Freespace and Atak_Kat like this.
  17. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

Heart, yes
    Body, no.
    Real world is defined by us. I'm OK with my principles. And I don't need a race position to define it. Much more interested in making some good friends who enjoy the hobby and a fair challenge.

See you out there!!

nangu, Digger and Freespace like this.
  18. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Yea I'm not a huge fan of that. You know **** happens sometimes and people don't always care for you waiting, so they take forever to recover because they need to type something or they just go back on track to drive into you or they stand there and let you wait only to go back to the pits or leave the server. Plus standing there besides the road (if that is even possible) is also a risk for others. If the guy recovers rather quickly I'll slow down if there isn't too much traffic or if he is behind me because I tapped him or anything I'll of course let him pass (even if he appears in my rear view mirror couple of laps later), but anything else is too much imo.

19. derek bird

derek bird Rookie

What about the cry babies who don’t want their place back like the one I came across earlier today, they wait for you to come around again and deliberately take you out

chksix likes this.
  20. Creegz

Creegz Racer

I think it's amazing these people can type and drive at the same time... I can't even do admin stuff while driving and those commands are primarily shorthand haha.

21. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

With Voice Attack!

In voice attack you can predefine spoken words that will be written by voice attack in the chat window

In ACC if I say "thanks" in the oculus microphone, ACC opens the chat window,
    then I have to say "thanks" again and Voice attack types it in the chat window :)

Whitestar, Tundra, Creegz and 3 others like this.